The age of a person depends on the age of his spine.
Bernard McFadden, one of the founders of physical culture.
Every person can lose up to 30 years, strengthening and stretching their spine. The latter consists not only of 34 vertebrae, but also of intervertebral discs. And the maximum load usually falls on the lumbar region. Therefore, it is very important to strengthen and develop it precisely to prevent the development of many diseases. In this you will help exercise for the lumbar spine. About them and will be discussed in today's article.
How is the lumbar spine?
This segment of the spinal column consists of 5 lumbar vertebrae. They are the largest and strongest of all, so they can withstand heavy loads. The vertebrae are firmly and flexibly connected by the lower and upper articular processes of the vertebrae, as well as intervertebral discs. The spine serves as a receptacle for the spinal cord, it reliably protects it from external influences. From the lateral orifices of the spinal column, spinal nerves, innervating the various organs, leave. Every healthy person has several physiological curves back and forth. By the way, in the lumbar spine bends forward.
Osteochondrosis? What are you a doctor about?
Our spine performs several very important functions for the entire human body. Thanks to him, we can keep the body upright, walk, run, carry weights. It also serves as a reliable conduit for blood vessels and even spinal cord. Therefore, any violations in the spine affect the normal functioning of the whole body.
Every day, the biggest burden falls on the lumbar spine. But the progressive degeneration and deformation of the intervertebral discs, as a result of excessive loads, lead to such a pathological process as osteochondrosis.
In the osteochondrosis of the lumbosacral spine, pains occur at the lower back, which can have a completely different character in each individual case. This is due to the fact that the deformed structures of the spine clamp the spinal nerves.
In the absence of a treatment regimen, the disease can significantly complicate a person's life. In addition, it is fraught with complications of varying severity. For the prevention of osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine, regular therapeutic gymnastics is necessary.
Effective complexes of therapeutic physical training
Strengthening the lumbar spine
This curative exercise is recommended for chronic diseases of the lumbar spine. Training of the muscles of the spine, increases its functional capabilities.
1. Lying on the back, legs slightly bent, arms lying freely, stretched along the trunk, only the muscles of the press should be strained. And no breath hold! Control yourself: the abdominal muscles must become firm. The backbone in the lumbar region, when performing the exercise, bend slightly upwards. It is necessary to execute from 10 to 15 times.
2. Lying on the back, with freely stretched legs, hands lie along the trunk. Do not tear your legs off the floor, maximally raise your head and shoulders. Hold this position for about 10 seconds, then gently lie down. Relax for 5 seconds and repeat the exercise. To increase the load, hold your hands on the back of the head. The number of repetitions is 10 to 15 times.
3. Lying on the back, legs slightly bent, with the right hand holding the left knee. We bend the left leg, creating resistance by hand. It is necessary to carry out this action with effort and not less than 10 seconds. We rest. Again, we repeat. Exercise promotes the training of oblique dorsal muscles. For each leg, the same number of repetitions - about 5-10 times.
Working on flexibility
The following group of exercises for the lumbar region is designed to perform during the acute period of the disease. The main purpose of such exercises is to improve the flexibility of muscle fibers.
- Lying on the back of the leg bend in the knees. Then slowly put them on the left side of the body. At the same time, turn the head together with the upper part of the trunk to the right. In this position, we are at least 5 seconds. We stay in this position for five seconds. After that, we perform the same actions in the reverse order: first the legs - to the right, and then the trunk - to the left. The exercise is performed 10 times;
- We kneel and put the head with the hands on the support. Now, as much as possible, bend the spine upward. In this position, we linger for a few seconds. Then we bend the back down. Repeat 6-10 times;
- We get on all fours and start to curve our backs to the right, then to the left.5-10 repetitions.
All exercises are performed as slowly as possible. It is very important to control your feelings and stop in time. If pain occurs, the activity should be stopped immediately. In the presence of curvature of the spine, such exercises are contraindicated.
Now stretch the spine
The complex is aimed at reducing the pressure exerted on the intervertebral discs.
- Starting position: We hang on the crossbar on straight arms. At the same time we bend our knees and freeze for one minute. Rest - 10 minutes, then repeat. At least 2-3 times a day;
- Starting position: On straight arms, we hang on the crossbar and turn the body one by one to the right, then to the left. Moreover, the muscles of the back should be as relaxed as possible.
With a compression fracture of the bones of the lumbar department, it is better not to remember physical exercises - they are absolutely contraindicated. Only after a full recovery of the spine can you slowly load your back.
All of the above exercises are also aimed at restoring the person's physical activity and the amplitude of his individual movements.
Physiotherapy exercises for curvature of the spine
The complex of conservative treatment of curvature of the spine includes:
- position correction;
- medical gymnastics;
There are also special physical exercises, the purpose of which is correction of the curvature of the spinal column. They almost always include elements characterizing the change in the position of the shoulder and pelvic girdle relative to the trunk. It is best to form a correct posture from childhood and focus on balancing and balancing coordination.
You can live without pain! You just need to monitor your spine and get help from specialists in time.
In addition, we recommend to see examples of exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis.