Lumbar osteochondrosis is a fairly common disease in the modern world. It is a characteristic degenerative and dystrophic disorder of intervertebral discs and, as a rule, occurs among people 30-45 years old. Nevertheless, in recent years there has been a tendency to "rejuvenate" the disease, which is mainly associated with such a problem as a sedentary lifestyle of modern man. There are many ways to combat this ailment, but all of them require either surgical intervention or the taking of numerous medications, and therefore, should be used only in the most severe cases. And here LFK at an osteochondrosis of a lumbar department of a backbone - absolutely harmless and safe method of treatment.
What are the causes of lumbar osteochondrosis?
As mentioned above, the main cause is considered to be a sedentary lifestyle, but this is by no means the only factor in the development of low back osteochondrosis.
Today, the following are the most likely causes of lumbar osteochondrosis:
- Weakness of the back muscles;
- Various injuries of the spine;
- Curvature of the spine, stoop;
- Working with weight;
- Long stay in an uncomfortable position;
- Metabolic disorders;
- Prolonged heavy physical activity;
- Stress, psychoemotional disorders;
- Unbalanced load on the back muscles( soft cushions, mattresses, carrying a bag on one shoulder, etc.);
- Uncomfortable shoes.
All these moments indicate that the human body is designed for an active lifestyle, but at the same time all the loads must necessarily be balanced. Classes of physiotherapy exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis perfectly combine this. However, do not forget that the treatment of this disease should be comprehensive and one gymnastics is not enough to fully cope with it.
And yet, with the appearance of the very first symptoms( a feeling of stiffness in the back, pain and any other) it is necessary to seek help from a doctor. After all, problems with the spine are very different, and can carry a large enough threat to human health in general.
LFK for lumbar osteochondrosis - preparation of
The most effective is a gymnastic complex consisting of several stages. And each subsequent requires more and more effort from the person. Thus, you can determine your initial level and subsequently build on the result.
For this it is necessary to consistently perform the exercises of each stage. And if you have pain or other unpleasant sensations, you should stop and return to the previous level of complexity. And you should carefully listen to your body at every training session. This technique helps to prevent deterioration of the state after performing a set of exercises for lumbar osteochondrosis.
Each stage includes exercises designed to reduce the deep muscles of the back and abdominals, as well as those that allow them to relax and stretch.
Therapeutic gymnastics for lumbar osteochondrosis
Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis
- Periodic contractions of the muscles of the press until the moment when there is a feeling of easy fatigue;
- Starting position: leaning on the hands and knees on all fours. Then the head rises and the back flexes slightly, and, conversely, the head falls, the back arises slowly. Repeat from 3 to 5 times depending on the state of health;
- Starting position: lying down, legs slightly bent at the knees, hands behind the head. The legs slowly touch the floor on the right side of the trunk, the shoulder blades also touch the floor. Such an exercise is performed up to 10 times, then the legs should be tilted in the opposite direction. This exercise should be performed in the form of "swinging" turns of the trunk;
- The next exercise is best done lying on a bed with a slightly raised headboard. Holding hands on the back of the bed, you need to tighten the upper part of the trunk, and the bottom at this moment, try to completely relax. Thus, the lumbosacral spine extends;
- In the supine position on the back, you need to pull the toes of both feet on yourself and try to stay in this position for 4-5 seconds, and then completely relax. Run 5-7 times.
The above exercises are simple enough to perform and are suitable for daily charging. Osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is a disease that requires a person to constantly develop physically, and such morning exercises will promote a speedy recovery.
- Starting position: lying on the back with legs bent at the knees and arms stretched along the trunk. Leaning only on the feet and shoulder blades, try to lift the pelvis, and then slowly lower it. Repeat 4-5 times;
- Exercise from the first stage - "swinging" turns. Performing them should be clear and a little faster. Repetitions - 8-10 times;
- Lying on the side, you need to press each thigh alternately to the stomach. Exercise is slow, but until it stops. Repeat about 5 times( according to the state of health);
- On all fours, it is necessary to creep gently under an imaginary obstacle. Run 3 times.
- Exercise from the 2nd stage. Both hips are pressed alternately to the abdomen. Perform a little faster. Repeat 3-5 times with each foot;
- Starting position: sitting on a solid surface, the back straightened, hands on the knees. Slowly tilt the trunk back. A significant tension of the muscles of the press is a signal, after which it is necessary to linger for a few seconds, and then return to its original position. Repeat 6-7 times;
- Standing on all fours to lift the right and left leg alternately. Try to keep them level. Repeat up to 10 times;
- Several times a day to perform tilting from a position lying down and standing, while trying to touch the legs with the breast. Repeat 6-7 times.
At this stage, exercises are becoming more complex and a person must control his own abilities - in no case can one overdo it, as this can lead to overload and the occurrence of undesirable complications. However, gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the lumbar region always implies a certain risk and therefore should be conducted under the guidance of an experienced trainer.
- Sitting on the knees bent at the knees( the heels should be at the buttocks level) and clasping their hands in the lock above the head should sit on the floor, leaving the heels to the left, then to the right of the buttocks. Repeat - 10-15 times;
- From the position lying on the back( hands along the trunk), it is necessary to slowly raise both feet simultaneously to an angle of 40-45 °, then also slowly lower them. Run 4-5 times with breaks of 5 seconds;
- From the sitting position with legs apart, it is necessary to lean forward until there is an easy pain from stretching the muscles. In this position, you need to stay about 3-4 seconds, then straighten up completely. Repeat 5-7 times;
- The starting position is on all fours. It is necessary to raise the opposite leg and arm in turn. Repeat the exercise 5-7 times.
All of the above exercises with lumbar osteochondrosis are certainly very effective, but one should not forget about deep inclinations in the lower back. They are used not only in medical, but also preventive measures.
It is important to understand that one curative exercise is not enough to completely get rid of osteochondrosis. For this, complex treatment is necessary, which can be properly assigned only by a specialist. Be healthy!