Osteochondrosis can be the cause of headaches, dizziness, pain in the chest, poor vision( blurred image).Considering the fact that this is a very common and serious disease that entails many complications, it is important to start timely complex treatment and apply preventive measures.
- Massage and self-massage;
- Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis.
Gymnastics is one of the main components of prevention and treatment of cervical osteochondrosis. Exercises in the proposed complex are aimed at relaxing, increasing the functionality and tone of the neck muscles. Exercises are performed in order.
When starting the complex of exercises, remember:
Your task is to bring the muscle tone and make them elastic. Doing the complex, do everything rhythmically, slowly. Rapid and abrupt executions will only worsen the condition and injure strenuous muscles.
- The neck gymnastics for osteochondrosis are performed on a flat surface.
- You will need a chair, a rug, cushions under your knees, hands and a small pillow( or a towel rolled up by a roller) under your neck.
- Repeat each exercise three times before proceeding to the next one.
- If you feel discomfort during the exercise, then reduce the load.
- Lie down on the floor, put under the knees, hands and neck pillows. Relax, turning your neck slowly sideways. Slowly, raise your hands and drop them. Raise your head, look to the left and drop it, also make it to the left. Without straining, take a deep breath and exhale.
- Sit on a chair and shrug your shoulders.
- Lie on your back. Turn the head to the left, then to the right. Also, do the sitting exercise.
- Sitting on a chair, put your hands on your neck behind your head, close your fingers. Tilt your elbows back as far as possible, then lower your arms and relax.
- Sitting on a chair, bend your arms in the elbows and put the brush on your forearms. Cross your elbows, at the same time, move the right hand to the left, and the left hand to the right. There should be tension in the muscles of the back. Put your hands down and relax.
- Sitting on your lap, put the forearms of your hands and hands on the floor. Start sliding on the arms forward, while straightening the back gradually. Keep your head straight.
- Lying on the stomach. Place a pillow under your hips. Try to keep the shoulder blades, then relax. If you complicate the exercise and shrug your shoulders, the effect will be better.
- Lie on your back, knees bend, hands stretch along the hips. Slowly lift your shoulders and head, lower them and relax.
- Like exercise 8, but turn your head then to the left, then to the right.
- Lie down on your pillow. The feet must be fixed. Pull your hands along your hips and lift your back to the horizontal line. Try not to bend back.
If therapeutic exercises with cervical osteochondrosis are performed in good faith and regularly, it will help improve the condition of the spine and muscles. If you do not do regular exercises, you can only do harm.
In the case of osteochondrosis of the cervical department, a complex designed for self-correction has been developed. Exercises are performed slowly and smoothly with great care. Repeat each exercise you need five times. After each stage, you need to relax and breathe deeply.
This complex of exercise therapy promotes the increase of mobility and flexibility of the spine, corrects the spine, trains muscles, stimulates blood circulation and metabolism.
Video with curative gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis:
Exercises for self-correction of the cervical part
Gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis have a beneficial effect on the entire spine.
1. Put four fingers of one hand on the seventh cervical vertebra( the most protruding vertebra of the neck), covering them with the fingers of the left hand. With two hands, press on the protruding part of the neck. Simultaneously, by moving the head back, move the overlying department, without lifting your head up.
The chin, if done correctly, should move parallel to the floor. Hold yourself 10 seconds. Then, in the initial position, relax for 5 seconds. Pose while doing exercises, hold on inhalation. In repetition, the amplitude should be increased.
2. When performing exercises, the muscles of the back and neck should be as relaxed as possible. Inhale. On exhalation, tilt your head in a painful direction. Hold the pose for 15 seconds, trying to relax the muscles of the neck. If you repeat, increase the angle. After exercise, do self-massage, stroking the painful side.
3. Fix the palm of one hand with the side surface of the healthy side of the neck, with the palm of the other, press on the painful side surface of the head. In this case, try to tilt your head in a healthy direction for 10 seconds. When the exercise is repeated, gradually increase the pressure.
These exercises are part of the complex of gymnastics for cervicothoracic osteochondrosis.
It should be noted that exercise therapy for diseases of the spine is carried out only after consulting a doctor. Not every state shows exercises and massage.
In the presence of acute pain, inflammation, a tendency to increase blood pressure, life-threatening diseases( aneurysms, heart defects, etc.) and oncological diseases, these exercises are contraindicated!
We also recommend reading the article "Exercises for the spine with osteochondrosis" and see the video "Medical gymnastics with cervical osteochondrosis".