Under the hernia of the spine is meant a pathological condition, accompanied by a displacement of the cartilaginous intervertebral disc. The most common cause of such conditions is osteochondrosis. LFK with a hernia of the spine is the same obligatory method of treatment, as well as medical therapy, massage and physical therapy.
LFK is a physiotherapy exercise carried out by a special technique and under the supervision of a corresponding specialist - physician of the exercise therapy. Exercise during physical therapy leads to a number of health effects, among which:
- Reduction of fights
- Strengthening of the muscles of the back, chest and neck
- Stabilization of the spine
- Expansion of motor functions.
- Strengthening blood circulation and metabolic processes in the pathological zone
- Relieving the strangulated nerve roots
- Reducing the degree of dislocation( displacement) of the disc.
The technique of exercises for various localization of hernias( cervical, thoracic, lumbosacral) can vary significantly. But the general requirements for all kinds of loads are:
- Each exercise is assigned by a specialist and is carried out under his supervision
- In the event of painful unpleasant exercises, classes stop
- All sessions are conducted only in the recovery phase, outside the exacerbation of
- . Exercises are carried out in a spacious, ventilated and well-lit room
- The patient should have a spacious comfortable clothing made from natural fabrics
- The movements are smooth, unhurried - no sharpness, jumps,jerks, jumps
- All elements are carried out on inspiration, and the starting position is taken on exhalation.
Charging with a lumbar hernia( this is the most common localization of disc hernias) begins with a hanging on the horizontal bar. No active movements, just hang out. As a result, the spine extends along the longitudinal axis, and as a result, the intervertebral spaces widen and the discs return to their original position. Unfortunately, this element of exercise therapy is not suitable for children, women, the elderly.
Ideally, the hanging on the horizontal bar can be carried out in the pool when the weight of the lower part of the body immersed in water decreases. In general, exercises in the swimming pool are effective for any localization of hernias. But this is not always the case. But to become a knee-elbow position and a cat-like back to the back - it can be everyone. In this position, the load on the spine is maximally reduced, and the gaps between the vertebrae are widened.
Static loads and so on are also performed.load with weigher. An example of the latter - lying on the back, put the palm on the knee of the opposite leg, while providing a moderate obstacle to the rise of the entire lower limb. During static loads, one or both of the lower limbs are raised 150 above the floor, and in this position are held for a few seconds.
Thoracic and cervical department
Complex of exercises with intervertebral hernia
LFK of thoracic vertebral hernia is difficult because of anatomical static of the thoracic region. Here, too, deflections of the spine are performed, but in the standing position, in the manner of sipping. Deflections can also be made in the prone position. For this, a small roller is placed under the thoracic region. His hands roll over his head. Relying on the hands, which are behind the back of the head, and on the sacrum, raise the upper part of the trunk. In this position, the raised trunk is held for several seconds, after which it is taken to its original position.
Physical exercises with hernias of the cervical spine are carried out with great care. Loads here are sparing - no rotation of the head. The patient sits down on a chair. Hands stretched along the trunk. The head alternately leads to the extreme left, then to the extreme right, and is held in this position for a few seconds. Similarly, the head is thrown back as much as possible, and then the chin is brought to the chest. These exercises can be performed with burdening, when a small obstacle is created by means of a palm resting on the temporal, frontal or occipital area.
The exercises of exercise therapy are contraindicated in cases when the intervertebral hernia is accompanied by such conditions and symptoms as:
- Severe pain
- Paralysis of limbs
- Ponytail syndrome with disruption of pelvic organs
- Disorders of cerebral circulation
- Respiratory and heart failure
- Pathology of blood clotting,bleeding
- Any chronic diseases in the acute stage
- Malignant tumors of any location.
In addition, the term "intervertebral hernia" sometimes means a hernia of the spinal cord. In this state, exercise therapy is also strictly prohibited.