The spine is the basis of the entire human musculoskeletal system. The health of the whole organism often depends on its functional state. Currently, every second person after 30 years of age faces osteochondrosis - a severe spinal disease, which often leads to disability. Among all the types of this disease, cervical osteochondrosis is the most dangerous, because it is often accompanied by squeezing arteries and other blood vessels that mainly go to the brain.
Very often in the early stages of the disease a person does not even know about the development of this serious disease. He gradually adapts to the pain, and thereby condemns himself to eternal suffering, due to the gradually developing osteochondrosis. And meanwhile, in most cases, folk methods of treating cervical osteochondrosis in conjunction with special gymnastics allow to get rid of this problem forever.
Symptoms of osteochondrosis
The most common manifestations of the disease:
- Numbness of the hands;
- Pain in the shoulders and back( upper part);
- Dizziness associated with sudden movements of the head;
- Nasal congestion;
- Increased fatigue;
- Stiffness in the neck;
- Sensation of crunch when turning the head;
- Swelling of the face and eyelids;
- Lumbago in the ear;
In rare cases, the occurrence of pain, very similar to that of angina pectoris, may occur. Such painful sensations differ from cardiac by the presence of simultaneous pains in the shoulder, neck and occiput.
The main reasons for the development of cervical osteochondrosis are:
- Mobility disorder in the cervical spine segment;
- Prolonged forced neck and head positions.
In this case, some muscle groups spasmodic, and the rest at this time compensatory relax, which leads to a gradual change in the shape of the neck. As a result, the nutrition of all tissues of the spine is markedly disturbed, as a result of which their renewal is delayed, and they quickly age.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis - folk remedies
With timely diagnosed cervical osteochondrosis, the probability of complete recovery of spine functions and structures is quite high. For this, treatment must necessarily be comprehensive and at the same time sparing.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis should include:
- Restoration of the volume of neck movements. To this end, the doctor usually appoints a massage and exercise therapy. This allows you to improve the blood supply of all tissues of the spine and restore normal muscle tone.
- Here is an example of the most effective exercises for independent gymnastics:
1. Preliminarily having closed hands in the lock, press on the forehead. In this case, give the head a reciprocal resistance. Exercise is repeated 5 times, duration - 5 seconds( with time increases to 10 seconds);
2. Place your hands on the palm of your hand and apply them in this position, then to the left, then to the right ear, while resisting the head, as well as in the previous exercise.
3. Press the chin to the sternum and relax the neck muscles as much as possible - a feeling of heaviness of the head should appear. When performing exercises, the muscles of the shoulder girdle should be relaxed. Then slowly take the starting position. Repeat this action 5 times.
4. Preliminary lowering your head like in the previous exercise, tilt it one way, then another, moving in an imaginary semicircle.
5. Sit straight, straightening your neck and back. Then turn your head to the left and to the right( do it very slowly).The chin should reach the level of the shoulder. Always try to strain only the muscles of the neck. This exercise is also performed 5 times.
It should be noted that massage procedures should be performed only by certified specialists. In most cases, massage is an additional method of treatment( it is impossible or difficult to perform exercise therapy).
- Improve trophism of all tissues of the spine. For this, physiotherapy and other hardware methods are used.
- Diet. Characterized by increased content of proteins, magnesium, vitamin D, phosphorus and calcium.
- Anesthesia. Only in the presence of severe pain.
Treatment of cervical osteochondrosis with folk remedies
Very rarely do doctors advocate for folk remedies. This is exactly the case. However, if a person wants to be treated this way, you should still seek a preliminary consultation with a doctor. Thus, various unpleasant complications can be avoided.
It should be remembered that folk methods of cervical osteochondrosis treatment should be applied regularly. If you chose this way of treatment, then do not skip the medication. This is the only way to achieve really good results.
Below are a few recipes that are considered to be the most effective today.
Treatment of lumbar osteochondrosis folk remedies
- Rye cakes. Rye flour( 300 g) is mixed with water until a thick dough is obtained. From it two cakes are made and baked in the oven. They need to be applied to the neck, also grabbing the occiput.
- Tincture of elderberry. Take two glasses of alcohol and half a cup of elder. All this is placed in a glass container, closes and insists in a dark place for a week. The resulting tincture is rubbed into the region of the cervical segment of the spine.
- Compresses from burdock. Previously harvested dry burdock leaves are washed and crushed. Then this raw material is laid out in clean utensils. One large spoonful of the received weight of a dry sheet is poured in a glass of boiling water. Infused for 15 minutes. Infusion is filtered and used as a compress( 40min).
- Horseradish juice. This is the most effective method against pain in osteochondrosis of the cervical spine. Take vodka and horseradish juice in a ratio of 50/50.Everything is mixed and rubbed into the neck, systematically, starting from the back of the head. After the procedure, the patient should be wrapped and put to bed.
- Needles.250 g of fresh pine needles are poured with one liter of boiling water. It is infused for 30 minutes and filtered. Ready tincture should be drunk twice a day after meals.
- Coniferous baths.500g needles are crushed and poured with 2 liters of water. Then he boils. After that, the broth should cool down. At this time, prepare a bath with warm water. Pour the infusion and take a bath( not less than half an hour).Coniferous baths have a fortifying effect and compete remarkably with any kind of osteochondrosis.
Treatment of osteochondrosis of the cervical spine with folk remedies is certainly quite effective, but without preventive measures, the disease often recurs. Therefore, in order to avoid this, several simple rules should be observed:
- Eat fully and diversely;
- Keep your back straight, thereby accustoming it to proper posture;
- Be sure to alternate between rest and work;
- Do swimming, exercise and gymnastics;
- Try to avoid excessive lifting of gravity.
Remember! Everyone's health depends largely on the condition of all parts of his spine.
- Symptoms of
- Folk remedies
- Treatment of
- Prevention of
We also advise you to read about exercise therapy for osteochondrosis of the cervical part and medication.