Physiotherapy for osteochondrosis is one of the most effective methods of treatment. Its main advantage is the selective effect on the focus of the disease. Neighboring tissues and organs are not affected, so there are no negative effects. This makes it possible to widely use physiotherapeutic methods of treatment in children, the elderly and even in pregnant women.
Advantages of physiotherapy for osteochondrosis of the spine:
- improves the condition of various organs and systems;
- activates the immune system;
- normalizes the broken exchange processes;
- improves neurohumoral regulation;
- significantly reduces pain syndrome;
- eliminates symptoms of inflammation;
- relaxes the contracted muscles;
- releases the pinched nerve roots;
- restores microcirculation in the heart of inflammation;
- allows you to get rid of motor disorders
- reduces the need for medication and allows you to reduce the duration of treatment.
Contraindications for physical therapy:
- general severe condition;
- period of active exacerbation of osteochondrosis;
- oncological diseases;
- acute mental disorders;
- trauma or skin disease in the area of exposure.
Physiotherapy does not lead to an exacerbation of chronic diseases, does not give allergic reactions, which is not guaranteed when using medicines. A wellness effect arises due to the influence on the body of such physical factors as magnetic and electric fields, heat, cold, mechanical action, various radiation.
The main types of physiotherapy for osteochondrosis
- Shockwave therapy - the affected area is affected by an acoustic wave. This procedure reduces pain, improves microcirculation, metabolism and accelerates regeneration processes.
- Detensor therapy - is to use the patient's body weight to stretch the spine. To carry out this procedure, use a special mat or mattress with a system of inclined ribs. Detencer therapy allows you to effectively relieve the spine.
- Electrotherapy - the application of the force of electrical currents and fields. During the procedures, the tissues warm up, they improve blood circulation and accelerate metabolic processes, drugs fall directly to the focus of inflammation. In this case, the pain and discomfort are relieved and the treatment time is significantly shortened.
- UV-therapy( quartz) - ultraviolet radiation improves the production of vitamin D, relieves pain and inflammation, stimulates immunity, warms up.
- Magnetotherapy - the use of a low-frequency electromagnetic field positively affects blood circulation in the locus of the disease, while reducing inflammation and accelerating the healing of damaged tissues.
- Laser therapy - with the action of the laser, inflammation, spasms and pain are removed, regenerative processes are activated.
- Ultrasound therapy - when exposed to ultrasound waves, pain and inflammation are removed, and a better assimilation of medicines is provided.
For cervical osteochondrosis, most often used:
The use of acupuncture in the treatment of osteochondrosis
- effect of low-frequency electric currents;
- ultrasound therapy;
- laser therapy;
- electrophoresis and so on.
When osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine is applied:
- ultrasound therapy;
- shock wave therapy;
When osteochondrosis of the lumbar spine is assigned:
- ultraviolet radiation;
- laser therapy.
Physiotherapeutic procedures for osteochondrosis of the thoracic, lumbar and cervical spine are assigned singly or in a complex, depending on the general condition of the patient and the degree of the disease. When combining procedures, the therapeutic effect is enhanced.