Hydrosalpinx( otherwise saktosalpinks) is a disease characterized by impaired patency of the fallopian tubes with simultaneous accumulation of liquid formation in their cavity. This pathology of the fallopian( uterine) tubes is associated with the adhesive process taking place in the small pelvis. Therefore, it is extremely important to provide competent and operative treatment of hydrosalpinx.
Table of Contents:
- Mechanism for the onset of the disease
- Methods of detection
- Treatment methods
- Operative treatment
Mechanism of the disease
Understanding why only the first of the two methods of treatment of hydrosalpinx is used - surgical intervention - without awareness of the mechanism of disease formation.
The normal process from the beginning of the formation of the zygote to its implantation is as follows:
After the release of the ovary, that is, when the ovulation process is completed, it is captured by the pili and transferred to the fallopian tubes. In this way, the egg enters the lumen of the fallopian tubes;
- Here, the egg merges with the sperm, resulting in a zygote;
- Further, due to the peristaltic movements of the fallopian tubes, as well as wave-like oscillations of the villi of the mucous membrane, the zygote moves to the uterine cavity. There in the subsequent and the process of implantation proceeds.
Therefore, in the case when the patency of the fallopian tubes is broken or there are damages that make the movement of the zygote impossible, the woman can not become pregnant. In addition, with a long( more than 4 days) finding a zygote in the tube, it can attach to the wall of the pipes and, as a result, an ectopic pregnancy will arise.
In most cases, this dysfunction of the fallopian tubes is a consequence of the diseases. The connective tissue proliferates, spikes are formed, the villi of the uterine mucosa die, the piliens are glued together. In some cases, spikes expand so that they completely cover the lumen of the fallopian tubes, which leads to the accumulation of mucus. All these processes are nothing but the causes of hydrosalpinx( saktosalpinks).
In some cases, the spikes are so deformed that they can not hold back the accumulating liquid, which causes the pipe to be emptied periodically. Such a hydrosalpinx is called a gate valve. There may also be a hydrosalpinx left or right, otherwise it is called one-sided.
Methods of detection of
In the diagnosis of the disease under consideration, the principle of phasing is used, combining several procedures at a time, which allow one to carefully examine the symptoms of hydrosalpinx.
There are the following stages:
- gynecological examination, which allows to determine whether or not there is an education between the uterus and the ovary, which, as a rule, does not cause pain;
- ultrasound( ultrasound), used to detect fluid formation between the uterus and the ovaries in case it is there;
- hysterosalpingography, which is a method of X-ray examination of the uterus and fallopian( uterine) tubes in the so-called real-time mode. When hysterosalpingography, contrast material is used. X-ray picture in the diagnosis of hydrosalpinx is often similar to the picture of obstruction of the fallopian tubes. If we talk about the case with valve saktosalpinks, it is worth noting that the pipes filled with contrast start to look like a curved "sausage";
- laparoscopy, which is a fairly common type of diagnostic procedure. It is much more informative ultrasound, because it allows you to find out the structure of the ovaries, the uterus, to establish the degree of patency of the fallopian tubes. When laparoscopy in the abdominal area, two punctures are done: one is inserted a special camera - a laparoscope, the second - a special tool for work.
Methods of treatment
There are two of them:
- surgical treatment( surgical intervention).
Conservative treatment consists in the elimination of inflammation, which led to the defeat of the tubes. It combines with bacterial and physiotherapy. All these methods can prevent the aggravation of the disease, act as a supportive therapy, if a woman formed a hydrosalpinx on the right or left. But the irreversible process that takes place in the fallopian tubes, they can not eliminate.
Operative treatment of
There are the following types of plasty of the fallopian tubes:
Before considering each species, we note that surgical intervention is acceptable only for women younger than 35 years. Otherwise, the fallopian tubes should be removed, because the inflammatory processes in them will interfere with the normal implantation of the egg. Thus, salpingoovariolysis is a kind of surgical intervention, the main purpose of which is dissection of adhesions that fix and / or cover the fallopian tube, the ovary. Also those spikes that isolate these organs are operated, not allowing them to interact. Salpingoovariolysis is one of the most frequently used operations that allows to eliminate the adhesion process in a small pelvis. It can have both an independent meaning, and precede, be the initial stage of operations designed to restore patency.
Salpingostomy is an operation that creates a hole in the fallopian tubes. Due to this opening, the fallopian tube can be connected with the abdominal cavity.
But how is correlated cured hydrosalpinx and pregnancy, is it possible? Studies have shown that in the treatment of hydrosalpinx by these methods pregnancy occurs only in 10-20% of cases. The reason is that the holes created after some time again become overgrown.
Laparoscopy is therefore more preferable. As you can see, this is not only a method of diagnosis, but also an effective method of treatment. This operation aims to restore patency by separating the adhesions both in the fallopian tube and around it. Laparoscopy does not interfere so much in the structure of the fallopian tubes, and therefore, if it is successfully carried out, the possibility of getting pregnant increases at times. But here it should be noted that successfully performed laparoscopy does not mean complete restoration of the functions of the fallopian tubes: the villi of the mucosa are not so mobile, and the muscle shell is not as well contracted. This is the reason for the increased risk of ectopic pregnancy.
If laparoscopy does not produce the desired result, the fallopian tubes are removed. They are the source of infection in the body of a woman and will no longer be able to perform the prescribed functions. In this case, in the future, a woman can become pregnant only with ART.
So it turns out that hydrosalpine treatment is possible. It is necessary only not to lose courage and promptly turn to an experienced specialist. And then the chances of getting pregnant in the future will repeatedly increase.
- An Effective Treatment for Deshidrosis
- How to treat the ovaries