One of the skin diseases is the subcutaneous tick on the face. It is also called demodecosis. This problem can greatly spoil the mood( especially for the fairer sex.) By the way, in women, the subcutaneous tick is observed much more often. Why does this disease occur? How to understand that this is it? Finally, what are the ways to treat the disease? We will try to find answers to all the questions in this article.
Table of contents:
- General description of
- Why does the disease occur?
- Symptoms of the disease
- Prevention questions
The subcutaneous tick is a very small( about 0.4 mm) body, elongated and translucent( it can be studied from the photo).Actively moves the subcutaneous tick only at night, as it tends to avoid light.
Quite often a microscopic tick is arranged in the sebaceous glands, in the hair follicles, the chin. But most of all complaints come to the tick, who chooses his neck, forehead, cheeks, and folds of his nose as his favorite place. Having settled down, the tick sustains its vital activity due to sebum and dead skin cells.
Often, external manifestations of demodectic are similar to simple acne. For this reason, a large number of people do not even suspect that this mite is in their skin, and they simply try to get rid of acne.
Why does the disease occur?
You can find a tick on the face of a representative of any age group, except in this regard are only newborns. What are the reasons for its occurrence? The presence of a tick for a long time can go unnoticed, provided the immune system functions normally. But in the event that the immunity is weakened, the mite will freely penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin. As a result, the inflammatory process will begin to develop. We have already mentioned above that in most cases a subcutaneous tick appears on the face of women. The risk group, in the first place, includes women with light and delicate skin, as well as ladies at the age when the immune system begins to gradually weaken.
Other reasons that cause the appearance of the tick are internal factors:
- disorders in the digestive system;
- failures of the endocrine system;
- nervous breakdowns;
- use of cosmetics with various kinds of additives.
In addition, the activity of the tick activates such causes as:
- alcohol abuse;
- excessive use of various spicy condiments;
- large amount of coffee;
- immense infatuation with visiting baths and solarium;
- prolonged exposure to the sun.
One of the most negative characteristics of demodicosis is its infectiousness, i.e.the ability to transfer from person to person. In the most rare cases, the animals can act as carriers of the disease. How does the infection occur? The subcutaneous tick, located on the face, comes to the surface along with the sebum. Therefore, any contact with the infected person is fraught with the fact that the mite will jump to a new place. As a result, the use of the same towel or one dish can lead to infection. And in some cases, you can simply become a carrier of a tick without becoming infected.
Signs of the disease
The following general symptoms characteristic of demodectic infections can be noted:
Immediately after the beginning of the active activity of the mite, you can notice that the skin on the face becomes fatter, the pores expand. In addition, there is a rash, small sores and acne( this is clearly visible on the photos available on the web);
- Appearance of reddish spots on the face. It should also be noted that as a result of increased fat content of the skin on the face, it becomes wet, acquiring a characteristic luster;
- The skin becomes bumpy, outwardly it looks clearly unhealthy;
Especially unpleasant symptoms appear on the skin of the cheeks and nose. In particular, there may be an increase in the nose, and in some cases quite strong( you can verify this by photo);
- Itching. It is noteworthy that the itching greatly increases as night and evening come. As a result, unpleasant sensations can disturb an infected person almost all night;
- It is also possible the appearance of scaly formations at the bases of the eyelashes( they are also noticeable in the photo).As a result, the cilia are strongly itchy, stick together, then, gradually becoming thinner, begin to fall out;
Of course, since it is a tick, the patient will feel that someone is crawling under his skin;
- Finally, in the most difficult situations, when demodicosis is completely neglected, focal thickenings can be observed characterized by the presence of a crust( serous or bloody-purulent, they can be seen in the photo).
These are the symptoms that make it possible to determine that the patient has started his activity with a subcutaneous tick on his face. Accordingly, effective treatment becomes necessary. But in order to clearly determine the direction by which the treatment will be carried out, it is necessary to conduct a full-fledged diagnosis, which makes it possible to establish the reasons.
A correct diagnosis is possible, primarily due to a visual examination of the patient. In the course of such examination, the specialist pays special attention to the presence of characteristic eruptions, which are usually difficult to treat. The diagnosis can also be confirmed if it is scraped off at the skin lesions and when a large number of ticks are found.
Of course, diagnosis alone is not limited to inspection. For laboratory examination, scales, crusts, droplets of purulent discharge are removed.
To obtain reliable results of the analysis during the day preceding the study, you do not need to wash yourself.
In addition, the treatment itself does not begin within 10 days after the study. Then they start treatment, using an integrated approach.
The complex treatment of subcutaneous mites on the face includes local( external) therapy prescribed by the doctor, as well as systemic therapy. As part of the treatment, various types of drugs are prescribed:
- antiparasitic agents with a wide spectrum of action and high level of efficacy;
- reconstituting drugs. These are the means that provide restoration of intestinal flora, activate the production of gastric enzymes by the body;
- vasoconstrictor drugs. The need for their application is due to the fact that the subcutaneous tick on the face in the course of its activity makes all the surrounding vessels quite fragile. Therefore, it is important to restore the vessels to strength.
In addition, the treatment involves maintaining a high level of immunity, as this will allow the natural struggle of the organism with the pathogen. Otherwise, as noted, the body is not able to cope with the tick. That is why in some cases, drugs can be prescribed, the action of which is aimed at restoring the hormonal background.
An important role is played by proper care, this implies the non-use of cosmetics, as well as the exclusion of peeling. From cosmetics, first of all, fat means are forbidden, since they favor the appearance of ticks on the face, creating the most optimal conditions for the existence of parasites.
But the treatment for mites on the face includes not only medical therapy. Along with it, acting as the main treatment, additional treatment is possible. It's about cryotherapy. It is performed in one of three existing forms:
- and cryodermabrasion.
The value of cryotherapy is reduced to helping restore the protective function of the skin. This will allow the code to deal with mites independently. Treatment through cryotherapy usually involves the use of sulfur-containing drugs. For example, the following method is used: to begin with, a special ointment is applied to the skin, which is held for a certain time. At the end of the period the product is washed off, for which any vegetable oil is used. After this, a thin layer of steroid ointment is applied to the treated area of the skin. What gives such treatment in the end? The chemical store, which has skin oil, changes, in addition, the pores gradually return to their normal state. As a result, there is a significant reduction in ticks, as well as a practical minimization of the risk of becoming infected again.
It should also be noted that effective removal of subcutaneous mites is possible provided that a strict diet is observed. It assumes the complete exclusion from the daily diet of a number of products:
- , first of all, the use of honey and chocolate is not allowed;
- it is necessary to exclude brewer's yeast;
- eliminates sea buckthorn;
- is extremely not recommended to use spicy, fried and salted.
Instead, vegetables and fruits, herbs, and also tea( currant or mint, it replaces coffee) are introduced into the diet.
Of the restrictions, it is still necessary to point out the inadmissibility of carrying out cosmetic procedures, as well as hobbies for bath and solar procedures. It is recommended to replace bed linens, towels and clothes daily. All things are best to iron regularly.
But keep in mind that the subcutaneous mite on the face is treated long enough, at least 3 months. The treatment is being re-diagnosed.
In conclusion, we will give a few recommendations that can protect you from the appearance of a tick on your face:
- First of all, take care of your skin properly;
- Any detected skin disease, especially on the face, needs to be treated as quickly as possible;
- Also, one should not neglect the treatment of various inflammations;
- If there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract, they should be removed in a timely manner;
- Proper nutrition is very important;
- Do not use other people's cosmetics.
Follow these rules and you will never be disturbed by a subcutaneous tick on your face.
- Nervous breakdown symptoms
- Spots on the back