All doctors warn their patients about the danger of high blood pressure. But if it is lowered, then it can also be dangerous. And what can be caused by low pressure? Is it possible to raise it somehow and with what tools and methods can this be done?
- What is pressure: the normal values of
- What is dangerous?
- Reasons for
- Manifestations of
- How to deal with such a problem?
What is pressure: normal values
In general, the blood pressure is the pressure that our blood exerts on the walls of the vessels, circulating through the body. The blood supply, the work of many systems and organs, and well-being depend on how this indicator will work. Many people know that when there is a rise there is a threat to the brain and the cardiovascular system. But low pressure is also not the norm.
It's worth a little insight. Usually this indicator has two meanings. The first of these( upper) is systolic pressure. It shows how much blood pressure on the vessels at the time when the heart pushes blood into the artery when compressed. But the second value( bottom) shows the diastolic pressure, which takes place at the time of relaxation of the heart muscle.
What is the norm? There are no defined values for all. This indicator depends on many points and features, for example, on the age of a person, his lifestyle or activity. So, for a teenager aged 15-16 years, an indicator equal to 100/70 is considered normal. For an adult, the optimal value is 120/80.But in elderly people the indicator increases and is about 140/90.The difference between the upper and lower values is normally 30-40 millimeters of mercury.
But it is worth noting that it also happens that low rates for a particular person are normal. For example, some feel good at a pressure of 100/60, while others at such values can not even stand up. For athletes, hypotension( the so-called decrease in blood pressure in medical practice) is quite normal.
Than it is dangerous?
Is this condition dangerous? Yes, very, very. So, hypotension leads to the fact that blood circulation worsens, and because of this all tissues and organs receive less oxygen and nutrients. There is oxygen starvation, which is dangerous especially for the heart and the brain. For example, a stroke can be "earned" not only with hypertension( increased pressure), but also with hypotension. In addition, the heart muscle will weaken, because of what will gradually develop heart failure. Over time, the vessels will also begin to undergo changes, their walls narrow, which can subsequently lead to the opposite problem - hypertension. And the patients almost always feel bad, fainting is possible, which in some circumstances is dangerous. The whole body will suffer.
What are the causes of hypotension? Let's enumerate them:
- Decreased tone of the heart muscle. If it does not work at full strength, then the blood will not circulate as it should.
- Decreased vascular tone. In the room, not only blood presses against the walls of blood vessels, but the walls, in turn, are pressed against the blood, which allows it to circulate normally along the arteries and veins. And if the tone of the vessels is reduced, then a low pressure can be observed.
- You can earn hypotension and with constant stress, depression. Such conditions lead to constant vasoconstriction, because of which their tone can significantly decrease.
- Meteorological features also affect this indicator. For example, meteosensitive people suffer from strong winds, temperature changes, magnetic storms and other vagaries of nature.
- Strong loads( both mental and physical) leading to overwork. Because of them, the tone of the vessels can also decrease, because they are forced to work constantly at full strength.
- Accepting certain medicinal and herbal preparations, for example, antispasmodics, diuretics, as well as drugs that lower blood pressure.
- Hormonal disorders can trigger the development of hypotension.
- A sedentary lifestyle. If the vessels do not train( which happens with a sedentary lifestyle), their tone will decrease.
- Pregnancy often provokes the development of hypotension. After birth, everything is normal.
- Change of residence( especially with sharp and significant climate changes).
- Postoperative period.
- Craniocerebral injury.
- Vegeto-vascular dystonia.
- Hypertension may occur during rehabilitation after serious and severe illness.
- Severe bleeding, heavy blood loss.
- Shock status.
- Heart attacks and pre-infarction.
- Poisoning, severe intoxication.
- Unfavorable living or working conditions: severe noise, exposure to chemicals, vibration.
We list the main symptoms of hypotension:
- irritability, apathy, mood changes;
- darkening in eyes;
- "flies" in the eyes;
- constant yawning;
- memory impairment and concentration of attention;
- reaction to changes in weather conditions;
- sweating of feet and hands.
How to deal with this problem?
It should be noted right away that most often hypotension is not an independent disease, but a concomitant problem or consequence of some violations. So you can get rid of this condition if you eliminate the root cause, that is, the underlying pathology or disease, which led to a decrease in the level of pressure.
But what can I do to help myself? We list several possible ways:
- Many people suffering from hypotension drink coffee. Can this be done? Yes, it is possible and even necessary. Caffeine, contained in this drink, increases the tone of the vessels, stimulates the entire body and invigorates. But you should not abuse this drink, your health may worsen.
- Black tea and green also contain caffeine, so you can drink it. And if you add sugar in them, you can get a good charge of energy and vivacity.
- There is another proven and quite effective way. This is the most common salt. It delays fluid in the body, which leads to an increase in blood pressure.
- You can also drink plenty of water. It will increase the volume of blood circulating through the body and allow you to get rid of hypertension( more blood will have more pressure on the walls of blood vessels).
- You can also raise this indicator with nuts or, for example, butter, spreading it on a sandwich. Fatty foods are believed to be able to improve the condition with hypertension.
- Exposure to certain points. It is believed that throughout the body there are special active points responsible for different functions of the body. So, with hypotension, you can act on the zone located between the lip and nose. Another important site is located on the thumb of the left hand. You can also massage your ears.
Try drinking a pomegranate or grape juice( from red grapes).
- There are medicines that can affect low blood pressure. For example, the two most harmless ones, but very effective ones, are "Citramon" and "Ascofen".Thus, the latter includes acetylsalicylic acid, paracetamol and caffeine. Approximately the same components are part of Citramon. After taking one pill, after half an hour you can feel the effect.
- You can lift the indicators with the help of herbs. For example, tinctures and decoctions of plants such as echinacea, lemongrass, ginseng, honeysuckle and so on are effective.
- You can drink 50 grams of cognac, it also tones the blood vessels.
People with hypertension should lead a special lifestyle. Here are the main points:
- You need to get enough sleep. So, sleep should be given every day for at least 8-10 hours. Lie down on time, no later than 10 pm.
- Do not get up abruptly. Before getting up, move your hands and feet a little, spread out.
- Drink plenty of fluids.
- Lead an active lifestyle: do gymnastics in the morning, walk, give up the elevator.
- Eat balanced and right.
- Take daily( best in the morning) contrast shower, it tones the blood vessels.
- Do not overwork, rest.
- Be sure to have breakfast!
- Do not be nervous.
Health to you and normal pressure!
- Medication for ear pain
- How to quickly reduce blood pressure