The mammary glands have a fairly fragile hormonal balance, which is better initially maintained at the proper level. If you do not engage in prevention, there may be a symptom known as pain in the mammary gland. The pain of varying degrees of intensity often disturbs women - there are reasons for that.
Often the pain is accompanied by a feeling of raspiraniya, heaviness, increased sensitivity of the nipples and their swelling. Pain in the mammary gland may occur before menstruation. Far from always causing the pain is an oncologic or mammologic illness. But to go to the doctor is still necessary.
- Classification pain
- Symptoms Probable Causes
- risk groups
- Treatment Prevention
depend on the emergence of pain in the breast, is isolated:
- cyclical pain( hormonal transformations occur before and before menstruation);
- non-cyclic pain( it is usually associated with bruises, trauma and intercostal neuralgia).
By its nature, the pain of the mammary glands is divided into the following groups:
- is a piercing;
- is pulsing;
- aching( or strangely-pulling);
Symptoms inherent in cyclic glandular pain syndrome:
- association with monthly;
- aching and dull character;
- is an inflammatory process;
- occurrence of nodules in the chest;
- recoil in the armpits;
- symmetry( pain is felt in both breasts);
- age factor( patients 20-40 years old suffer from a symptom more often).
Symptoms of non-cyclic soreness:
- no association with menstruation;
- squeezing and burning in the chest;
- localization in one section of the breast( left or right);
- the incidence of women in the menopausal stage.
- daily pain lasting more than 2 weeks;
- pain enhancement over time;
- localization in a strictly defined area of the breast;
- pain in the mammary gland causes difficulties in daily activities.
Factors contributing to the occurrence of unpleasant sensations( that is, their causes) are different:
- Anatomical factors. Provoke non-cyclic pain. Triggers are often a trauma to the breast, a cyst of the breast, a transferred surgical intervention.
Acid imbalance. Affects the sensitivity of the breast to the hormones circulating in it. To combat this scourge, you need to include in the diet nutritional supplements containing fatty acids.
- Drug use. Part of hormonal drugs( for example, those that treat infertility), oral contraceptives and a number of other medications can provoke problems in the mammary gland. Before you use these drugs, you need to consult a doctor.
- Breast size. Sometimes non-cyclic pains occur in women with large breasts.
Symptom can be caused by various injuries and bruises of the mammary glands, as well as changes in the body in the early stages of pregnancy. Before you start treatment, you need to understand the cause of the ailment, because more serious pathologies are possible.
Develops due to impaired sensitivity of individual nerve fibers. Painful sensations "spread throughout the nerve( trunk and branches), so not only the mammary glands, but also the back and the lower back can be ill. Neuralgia in the glands is characterized by intensity, paroxysm and strengthening during walking. Also, pain occurs when pressing on the chest, exhaling and inhaling.
Refers to benign diseases of the mammary glands. In this case, the gland tissue grows, and the liquid begins to emit from the nipple. Mastopathy affects two breasts at once. The pain becomes aching and dull. An interesting fact is that 15% of women suffering from mastopathy do not experience any painful sensations at all. In some cases, mastopathy is transformed into a cancerous tumor.
Fibroadenoma of the breast
Treatment of this tumor-like formation is extremely problematic. The encapsulated tumor has quite distinct contours. The chest tightens, the nipples give off a strange substance. If a woman faces an illness in adulthood, doctors recommend surgical intervention. Fibroadenoma is a benign tumor, so it does not break the very structure of the mammary gland. Transformation into sarcoma is extremely rare.
This is an inflammation of the mammary glands. The disease can develop if the hygiene norms are not observed or during the lactation period. Infection penetrates the body through microcracks in the nipples. Pain syndrome is intensified in the process of feeding. A typical mistake is the identification of mastitis and mastopathy. These are different pathologies, with the second more dangerous.
Before starting treatment, it is important to conduct a competent diagnosis of the disease. The following methods are used for this:
- ultrasound. The most popular method, we will not dwell on it.
- Palpation. The patient undresses to the waist and allows the doctor to feel the affected area - with his head raised and his hands down. At this stage, the asymmetry of the mammary glands is revealed. Such an examination allows you to visually determine the puffiness, redness, the condition of the subcutaneous vessels. Pain in the mammary gland is also diagnosed at this stage, as if the problem is localized. Lymph nodes( supraclavicular, subclavian, axillary, cervical) are also examined.
- Biopsy. There are three types: excision( excision of the seal along with adjacent tissues), puncture( insertion of a needle or syringe into the compaction), trepan-biopsy( with the help of needles a tissue column is allocated for later investigation).Before or after the menstruation is a survey - it does not matter. The main thing is to determine the nature of the tumor( benign, malignant).
- Mammography. This is the process of X-ray diagnosis of the processes going on in the mammary gland. A special X-ray machine is used for this procedure - a mammogram.
- Doktografiya. Diagnosis with the help of radiopaque preparation, helping to detect a tumor in the mammary gland, if this formation is in the ducts.
- Thermography. The research mechanism is a thermal imager. This device is sensitive to infrared rays emitted by our body. A hot spot will be observed above the lesion.
- Ultrasound diagnosis. The second name of the method is echography. Due to ultrasound, the data obtained by X-ray pathway is significantly supplemented.
- Pneumocystography. Implies the puncture of the cavity of the cyst.
Problems with breast pain can occur not only before menstruation. The risk group includes:
- women who gave birth 1 time( or did not give birth at all);
- those who did not have a chance to breastfeed;
- patients with a predisposition to cancerous tumors( maternal line);
leading an irregular sexual life;
- have repeatedly performed abortion;
- emotionally exposed to stress;
- inhabitants of disadvantaged areas( bad ecology);
- suffering from lesions of the liver, thyroid, gall bladder;
- has suffered trauma associated with the mammary gland;
- smoking and drinking alcohol.
Diagnostics correctly performed before treatment can show absence of communication with functional disturbances of a mammary gland. In this case, the doctor prescribes symptomatic treatment. For example, antiprolactin drugs are struggling with an increased level of prolactin. They can suppress the secretion of this hormone by the pituitary gland.
Hormone therapy has a significant drawback - it knocks down a menstrual cycle. Therefore, it is used extremely rarely. Most common in medical practice are:
- food additives;
- vitamin therapy.
A popular diet, aimed at excluding from the diet of Coca-Cola, chocolate, alcohol and coffee. In some cases, pyridoxine is used. The price of this drug varies within 30 rubles.
The doctor can prescribe the following medicines:
- vitamins( E, A, C, B);
- sedative and antistress agents;
- preparations for the normalization of the synthesis of sex hormones;
- enzymes( regulate metabolism).
If none of the listed treatments work, the patient can be sent for surgery. This means the removal of areas affected by tumor-like formations. After the operation, the patient is prescribed immunomodulatory, analgesic and antitumor agents.
The best prevention is the systematic strengthening of immunity. It is also necessary to avoid stress, anxiety and nervous tension, engage in regular sex with the same partner, do not go to abortion and breast-feed. It is worth to abandon a close bra and annually give time to a manual examination.
- Cystic breast mastitis causes
- Stitching pain in the vagina during pregnancy
- Aching in left testicle in men