Gastritis is a disease characterized by inflammation of the mucous( lining the inner surface of the stomach) layer. The presence of an inflammatory process leads to a violation of the secretory, motor, and absorbing functions of the stomach. Treatment of gastritis of the stomach is very important to start on time, because a violation of the absorption function( it is significantly increased due to inflammation of the stomach) can lead to intoxication of the body with toxins and some digesting products.
If you do not make timely treatment of acute gastritis, then this leads to the development of a chronic stage with all the ensuing consequences. And the treatment of chronic gastritis requires much more effort, time and money. In addition, there is a high probability of complications, for example, such as the attachment of duodenal inflammation to the development of gastroduodenitis.
Table of contents:
- Main causes of
- Main symptoms and signs
- Basic principles of treatment of chronic gastritis
The main causes of
This disease is very common and occurs in almost 70% of the world's population. In most cases, gastritis develops in people in the age range of 20 to 40 years. A large percentage is occupied by young people, since one of the fundamental factors in the development of the disease is proper and adequate nutrition. And, as is known, young people, especially students, do not pay due attention to this issue.
So, what contributes to the development and further treatment of stomach gastritis:
- Long-term errors in dietary habits( irregular nutrition, inadequate and unbalanced nutrition, dry food, etc.);
- Frequent eating of sharp, salty, smoked foods;
- Frequent consumption of hot drinks or hot food;
- Insufficient chewing food;
- Frequent consumption of alcoholic drinks, carbonated water;
- Incorrect use of medicines( especially those that can irritate the mucous membrane of the stomach and lead to the development of its inflammation).Such information can be obtained from a doctor, pharmacist or read in the annotation to the drug;
All of these factors contribute to a greater or lesser degree of stomach problems. And if there are several factors at the same time, then one should immediately reconsider their way of life, in particular, adjust their diet.
Not so long ago, the cause of the development of major stomach diseases was established. According to scientists this is the so-called E. coli Helicobacter pylori. Being colonized on the mucous membrane of the stomach, these bacteria lead to the development of digestive disorders and, as a rule, cause an increased acidity of the gastric juice.
However, scientists also found that not every chronic gastritis is at the root of the Helicobacter pylori pathogen.
Main symptoms and signs
You should see your doctor for the correct diagnosis in the following cases:
- There is a severe and severe pain in the stomach area( this is the upper abdomen), especially during or after a meal, which contributes to loss of appetite;
- There is nausea after eating, frequent urge to vomit;
- There is eructation, heartburn after each meal;
- Often there is a heaviness in the stomach, flatulence.
All these symptoms can be observed intermittently, at some period, exacerbating or calming down. But you should know that the earlier the diagnosis of the disease is carried out and the treatment of gastritis of the stomach is prescribed, the greater the probability of further recovery.
Basic principles of treatment of chronic gastritis
First of all, patients suffering from gastritis should know that untreated gastritis can lead to the development of stomach ulcers, gastric bleeding, as well as to stomach cancer.
Modern diagnostic methods allow detecting the slightest deviations in the functioning of the digestive system. To diagnose gastritis use:
- FGS is a diagnostic method that is performed on an empty stomach. A special device is used - an endoscope, which is inserted through the esophagus into the stomach and allows you to see the inner surface of the gastric mucosa on the monitor screen;
- pH - metric - a method for studying the contents of the stomach, in particular, the study of gastric juice. As a rule, it is carried out jointly with the FGS;
- Biopsy of the gastric mucosa - a study of the material for the presence of Escherichia coli Helicobacter pylori. Carried out together with FGS.
There are other methods for detecting various violations, but these are the most common and effective ones.
After diagnosis is prescribed treatment of chronic gastritis. In most cases, a number of proven and effective drugs that produce good results are used.
1. When Helicobacter pylori is detected, anti-Helicobacter therapy is prescribed, eradication:
- The 3-component scheme includes 1) the hydrogen pump blocker( omeprazole) + 2) antibiotic Amoxicillin( 1 g) + 3) antibiotic Clarithromycin( 500 mg).The course is 10 days, 2 times a day;
- The 4-component scheme is assigned when the 3-component component is inefficient. Add the drug De-nol and taken all 4 times a day for 10 days;
2. If acidity disorders are detected, drugs stabilizing this indicator are prescribed:
- In case of antacid gastritis omeprazole is not prescribed, use 3 or 4 component regimens;
- With increased acidity, prescribe drugs that reduce acidity( Almagel, Gastal, Maalox, Fosfalugel), cholinolytics( Atropine, Metacin), histamine receptor blockers( Ranitidine, Famotidine), combined drugs( Vikalin, Rother);
- With lowered acidity, preparations stabilizing the pH of the stomach are prescribed, this so-called substitution therapy( hydrochloric acid, Acidin-pepsin), as well as preparations that help normal digestion, enzyme complexes( Penzital, Abomin, Enzistal, Festal, Mezim);
3. In the presence of various dyspeptic disorders prescribe drugs that eliminate symptoms:
- If there are symptoms of nausea, vomiting is prescribed Metoclapromide, Cerucal, Cisapride, Domperidone;
- In the presence of heartburn appoint antacids( Rennie, Gastal, Maalox, Gastracid);
- With pronounced meteorism prescribe Espumizan, activated carbon.
Along with taking medications, you should remember about dieting, especially during the period of exacerbation of gastritis. Very important is a regular look, a full breakfast, lunch and dinner. The use of porridge( oatmeal, pearl barley and others) has a beneficial effect on the condition of the stomach mucosa.
Smoking people should think about getting rid of this addiction, because tobacco and tar, which stand out during smoking, strongly irritate the stomach mucosa, contributing to its destruction and development of cancer.
- Treatment of duodenal ulcer
- Omeprozole that treats