Specially prepared complexes of physical exercises are recommended for almost all possible diseases of the spine: with radiculitis, with curvatures, with hernia, etc. This aspect of recovery is important to pay due attention, because a properly selected set of specific exercises will allow the spine to be ready for the load. In this article, we will separately consider therapeutic exercises, which are shown in the hernia of the spine.
The vast majority of problems that sooner or later occur in the spine are associated with its excessive stress on the background of poor blood supply and malnutrition. What causes this situation? In fact, there can be several reasons: too active sports activity, and lack of mobility, and heavy physical labor. So it turns out that the muscles of the spine are not able to support it, and this entails huge loads directly on the spine itself. Therefore, with hernias of the spine, doctors prescribe to their patients the performance of special medical exercises, and such gymnastics is carried out without taking into account other prescriptions such as medications, massages and so on.
- Therapeutic gymnastics:
- goals How is the set of therapeutic exercises selected?
- Exercises for hernia - swimming
- Complex №1
- Complex №2
- Complex for stretching
Medical gymnastics: purposes
As already mentioned, the hernia is the result of weakening of the vertebral muscles( the so-called muscular corset of the spine).Consequently, the main goal of gymnastics, appointed with hernia, is to strengthen this very muscular corset, bringing it into a normal working state.
The specific goals pursued by gymnastics depend on which hernia is being treated. For example, a hernia of the intervertebral disc( incidentally, one of the most common diseases associated with the spine) involves special gymnastics, the hallmark of which is the slow performance of all necessary exercises. As a rule, exercises are performed on flexion and extension, as well as actions aimed at stretching the spine. What does this result in the end? These exercises warm up the muscles and significantly improve the nutrition of the joints.
A special place is occupied by the exercises prescribed for the hernia of the cervical region, since this is the most, if you may say so, whimsical department of the spine. Unfortunately, not all cervical problems can be solved by performing physical exercises. Nevertheless, they are very effective at the earliest stages of the development of the disease.
How is the set of therapeutic exercises chosen?
The choice of a specific set of physical actions that a person suffering from a hernia of the spine should regularly perform can not be arbitrary. Localization of the problem site, general condition of the spine muscles, as well as possible individual features are taken into account.
The most important rule that should be followed when developing a set of exercises is that exercises should not entail uncomfortable feelings or pain. Otherwise, the spine, and so damaged, will only experience even greater loads.
It turns out that the choice of the program of gymnastics with a hernia of the spine depends on many individual factors. Below will be given specific exercises, the performance of which helps to strengthen the spine. However, it is important to consult a doctor before starting a particular complex.
Exercises for hernia - swimming
Regardless of which set of exercises will be chosen / assigned, it is also recommended to engage in swimming. In fact, swimming is the most necessary element of therapeutic gymnastics, because under the water the spine is constantly in the right position. In addition, the water significantly reduces the compression. But it's not all the advantages of swimming: it also contributes to the fact that virtually all muscle groups are involved, which means training the entire muscular corset. Preferably is swimming with a crawl or on the back.
The proposed option includes the following exercises:
- put a stool on top of which you need to put a pillow. It is necessary to lie on the pillow with the belly, and so that the body bends right in the place of localization of the problem zone. The exercise of the exercise is that a person relaxes and breathes evenly and calmly the upper part of the chest. Such actions cause stretching of the spine and muscle corset;
- try to walk around the perimeter of the room on all fours. When doing this exercise it is important to keep your back straight, and keep your hands straight;
- lie on the floor, placing a soft roller under the problem seat on the back. It is necessary to sit on the right side and twist the trunk so that the pelvis moves forward and the chest back. After that turn over to the left side;
- lie on your back and gradually pull up the toes of your feet, touching your chest. This exercise causes stretching of the muscular corset of the spine.
But this complex can not be used in all cases, since the twisting of the spine, trunk is strictly prohibited under certain circumstances.
This set consists of only three specific exercises, which, however, if done correctly and regularly, will quickly yield positive results. These are the following exercises:
is the so-called "cobra posture".To perform the exercise, you need to lie on your stomach, placing your hands on the floor, under your shoulders. In the beginning, you should slowly start lifting the upper part of the trunk so that the shoulders do not rise above the level of the ears, and the pelvis always remained pressed to the floor. The pose is kept as far as possible seconds 10-15, after which you can fall to the floor. The exercise is repeated twice;
- the following exercise is performed lying on the back. You need to gradually raise your legs, bent beforehand in your lap. It is important that the angle between the shin and thigh is straight. Hands should be stretched along the body. Next, you should straighten the left leg, while simultaneously withdrawing the right hand. Then everything repeats with the right foot and left hand. It is advisable to perform the exercise at least 20 times;
- is finally the last exercise from the complex, which, by the way, is also performed on the back. The legs must be bent at the knees and begin a slow lifting of the pelvis. This rise continues until there is a straight line connecting the knees and shoulders. In this position, the body should be held for at least 10 seconds, after which a break is made. Regular execution of this exercise will contribute to the fact that eventually a person will be able to lift the pelvis, while relying solely on the fingertips( of course, we are talking about the toes).
Complex for stretching
The therapeutic gymnastics with hernia also includes its stretching, which allows it to partially, but still repair the spine. So:
very useful is spinal sprain, performed on an inclined board. An inclined board is an ordinary wide and smooth board, with one end of which are straps. Its upper edge should be fixed approximately at a meter height. Lying on such a board, stretching your arms through the straps, you will provide absolutely painless stretching of the spine;
- also help the slopes in the side, however, it is necessary to perform such exercises with the utmost care.
As you can see, there are several options for gymnastics that have a curative effect with a hernia of the spine. Let's repeat: a specific list of exercises acceptable in your case should be appointed by a doctor, it is not recommended to independently determine physical actions. And remember that regular and responsible performance of gymnastics will help your speedy recovery.
- How to treat sciatica
- Treatment of a spinal hernia folk remedies
- Hernia of the cervical spine consequences
- Pain in the left side