- Reasons for
- When can joint pain occur?
- Diagnostic study of
- Diagnosis of
- Treatment methods
- Effective gymnastic exercises
- Popular methods of fighting
First we will find out what causes pain in the thigh during walking.
Pain in the thigh is a signal about some pathology. If they have nothing to do with the injury, you should immediately seek help from a specialist.
The most common causes of pain in the thigh are:
- arthrosis. In 25 percent of complaints about hip pain, patients are diagnosed with arthrosis. The main difference of this pathology is a slow flow. The disease can be triggered by stressful situations or traumatism. Often, arthrosis is diagnosed in women after forty years. The hip and groin region hurts. Unpleasant soreness can descend further, reaching the knees. When a person rests, pains in the hip joint go away, but intensify with physical activity and when getting out of bed or chair;
- joint infarction. Unlike the previous disease, it is found much less often, but in its manifestations is very similar to arthrosis. Nevertheless, the main feature is the rapid development of the process. Patients are concerned about severe pain in the hip( external surface);
- lumbar injuries. This cause is found in every second case. Patients have a characteristic one-sided lesion - the right or left thigh, in particular, pain may appear on the posterior surface. They also have a sore leg. As a rule, pain does not return to the groin;
- is a muscular inflammation of rheumatic origin. Most often occurs after a severe acute viral disease or psychoemotional stress. To severe pain in the hip joint hyperthermia joins;
- pathology of the heart;
- oncological diseases;
- inflammation in the organs of the reproductive system;
- Pelvic abscesses.
The reasons can be very different, therefore only the specialist can prescribe the necessary examination and conduct a comparative analysis with other diseases.
When can joint pain appear?
Pain in the hip joint can be accompanied by the development of limited movement. It is acute, occurring rarely and lasting for a short while, and also chronic.
Pain can occur on the top, on the inside of the thigh, and also on the back surface. The nature of pain is aching, pulling, sharp, sharp. In some cases, pain can appear simultaneously in the lower back and thigh.
Typical complaints of patients telling about hip pain are:
- aches and pains in the femoral joint during menstruation;
- with prolonged loads on the legs of the muscles in the femoral joint become hot and red and even begin to grow dull;
- patients are hard to both lie and stand.
The following are common features:
- pain resulting from trauma appears almost instantaneously;
- if the whole reason is overload, then pain can occur even after a few hours;
- tenderness is accompanied by lameness. It is an attempt to minimize the weight for which the femoral joint is responsible.
Diagnostic study of
If there is no history of traumatization and hip pain is associated with pain in the lumbar region, then the first thing to do is to perform an MRI of the lumbar and sacral parts of the spinal column. The next step should be an appeal to the neurologist.
Treatment is associated with lifestyle changes
The first thing to know is the cause that caused the development of pain in the hip joint. Before taking any medications or doing gymnastics, you need to consult a doctor.
You can not put diagnoses yourself, because the reasons can be very diverse. After setting the correct diagnosis, you need to ask the doctor what is shown in this case, and what is contraindicated.
Methods of treatment
Taking analgesic agents
Often pains in the hip joint are associated with inflammation in the joint, so taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs is effective in combating discomfort.
Analgesics remedy pain only for a short time.
If analgesics do not have any effect, then you should consult a specialist who will prescribe drugs more feasibly.
If ice is put on the hip joint, this will reduce the inflammatory process. Cryoprocedures should be done a couple of times a day for 10-15 minutes. You can wrap the ice in a towel so it's not so cold.
This is especially effective if the cause is arthritis. Warming softens the pain. You can take a hot bath or apply a hot-water bottle directly to the place of unpleasant sensations.
Rest is especially important in those cases when there is a trauma in the anamnesis. It is necessary to comply with bed rest, because in order for everything to heal, it takes time.
It is important to protect yourself and your strength. It is best to avoid excessive loads. They can provoke an inflammatory process, which in turn will cause an increase in pain.
Normalization of body weight and comfortable shoes
The thigh will be overloaded if the person has extra pounds. Losing weight softens the pain.
Shoes must provide support. Orthopedic insoles should be used. The sole should promote the distribution of pressure throughout the entire length, and also absorb possible shocks.
Charge will help increase blood circulation, as well as relax the joints. As a result, for the whole day, the soreness of
will be significantly reduced. Charge
What if the hips ache? Start your day with a simple charge. For example, an exercise called "footbridge" will warm the muscles of the painful joint. Consider a step-by-step effective exercise:
- you first need to assume the supine position;
- then bend the legs in the knee joint;
- feet should be well pressed to the floor and put them at a width corresponding to the width of the hips;
- further raise the pelvis. Due to this, the whole body weight falls on the ankles;
- starting from the shoulder to the knee joint, the body must draw a straight line;
- hold the body in this position for a few seconds, then slowly and carefully return to its original position. It is necessary to do about ten such approaches.
Physical exercises should be done regularly
Treatment with water procedures will strengthen the muscles of the thigh, while not exerting too much stress on them, as happens when running. Swimming, aqua aerobics - all this will positively affect the condition of your joints.
Before starting the exercises that alleviate pain in the joints, you should consult a specialist.
Effective gymnastic exercises
Treatment should be comprehensive. It includes the following actions:
- should be straightened and stand, and then raise the maximum leg to the side and gently return to its original position. We are doing the same thing with the other leg. This exercise will help stretch the hip muscles;
- treatment with the following exercise helps to strengthen and maintain the internal muscles of the thigh. This is very important, since weak muscles can even damage other healthy joint muscles. To perform this exercise, it is necessary to take the supine position on the back, and hands to spread apart. At the same time, you should grab the gymnastic ball with your feet and try to lift it so that the foot with the floor forms an angle of 90 degrees. Next, try to squeeze the ball as much as possible with the internal muscles of the thigh ten times. We make several approaches;
- having strengthened internal muscles, it is possible to be taken for external. These muscles support a significant portion of your weight. Therefore, their strengthening is extremely important, especially in the presence of arthritis. For the beginning we lay down on a healthy side. It is better not to lie down on a hard and cold floor, you need to use a rug. Then we lift the sick leg a little and hold it in this position, after we lower it. So you can do it ten times, then if it does not hurt, you can repeat this exercise with the other leg;
- having strengthened muscles, it is possible to begin their stretching. Treatment using this technique should begin with a consultation with a physiotherapist. Stretching not only softens the soreness, but also strengthens the muscles, which in the future will also contribute to less pain. There are several types of stretch marks. First, let's talk about stretching with rotation. To do this, lie on your back and place your hands in both directions. The leg that you want to stretch should be bent at the knee joint, and its foot should be placed on the floor. The second leg should lie on the floor, with the socks up. Then we lower the leg, stretching in the side as much as possible, before the appearance of painful sensations. In this position, the leg should be up to five seconds, and then return it to its original position. We do such actions with both legs for ten approaches. You can also stretch the hip flexors. Everything begins, as in the previous stretch: we lay down on the floor and one leg bends in the knee. Only now you need to clasp this leg with your hand and try to squeeze it as hard as possible to the chest before the pain. Hold your foot also for a few seconds. We repeat actions in two legs up to 15 approaches;
- complex of exercises ends with the squeezing of the buttocks. For this, both legs should be bent at the knee joint, and both feet should be placed on the floor. Next, you need to take a towel, twisted in the shape of a cylinder, and put between the knees. Now we try to squeeze them, while straining the muscles of the buttocks and the inner surface of the thigh. Up to ten approaches are made. We stay in position for up to five seconds.
Before treatment with traditional medicine, you should consult a doctor
Folk methods of fighting
Let's talk about the most common recipes.
For the beginning, the leaves are separated from the head of cabbage. Then they are smeared with honey and applied directly to the sore spot. We wrap the sheet over the sheet with a plastic bag, and on top of the bag with a woolen shawl. Leave such a compress can be for the whole night.
To prepare the following recipe, you will need:
- 3 lemons;
- 100 grams of garlic;
- 200 grams of celery root.
All the ingredients are cut into small pieces, poured with boiling water and put in a thermos. Let's brew for a day.
Ready tincture you need to drink 100 grams three times a day.
To prepare a therapeutic bath you will need the following:
- Jerusalem artichoke;
- pine branches;
- kilogram of sea salt;
- pinch of turpentine;
- 20 grams of honey.
You should make up to ten such baths. After the procedure, you can steam a hot mesh of fat( pig internal).
As can be seen, pains in the hip can occur for various reasons, so you can not do without qualified help.