- Emergency assistance for ankle damage
- Prevention of ankle damage
Ankle, ankle, or as professionals say, an ankle, this is the place of our body that is most often prone to various injuries. And not only among athletes, but also among ordinary people. Especially often, ankle injuries occur in the elderly. The vulnerability of the ankle is due to the fact that it carries all the weight of the body. That's why when a person unsuccessfully jumps, slips or stumbles, dislocated leg. It is characterized by the fact that, because of the injury, the bones fixing the bones are damaged, and it is pushed out of the joint.
How to determine that it was a dislocation, and not a fracture of the limb in the ankle region?
For this, after the injury you should pay attention to the following symptoms:
- In the area of the ankle, there are constant painful sensations. They not only do not stop, but they also increase significantly under any load.
- A hematoma can form at the site of the injury, and the mobility of the foot is significantly impaired and the injury site becomes hot to the touch.
- Appears edema, which forms in a few minutes at the site of injury.
Edema and bruising - external signs of ankle dislocation
Also, that a dislocation of the leg has occurred, will also say a characteristic click during the injury. Many people, for the first time faced with such an unpleasant and painful problem, are interested in what to do in this situation? If the symptoms appear indicate that the damage in the ankle region is similar to dislocation, it is necessary to consult a specialist. After the X-ray, he will diagnose and prescribe the appropriate treatment.
Emergency assistance for ankle damage
But it is not always possible to consult a specialist immediately after getting injured. What to do in such a situation, to reduce pain and prevent further internal bleeding? The following simple tips will help to cope with the problem:
- It is necessary to apply the ice compress as quickly as possible to the damaged part of the foot. Keep it stands intermittently, for 20 minutes each time. The procedure is carried out before visiting a specialist. You can make compresses from alcohol.
- An injured ankle joint requires complete rest. To ensure that a bandage is placed on the dislocated ankle, an elastic bandage is applied. Imposing it, you should be extremely cautious. It should not interfere with the blood supply to the foot.
- Pain, which causes dislocation, is well removed and conventional analgesics taken internally.
An ice pack with ice will help eliminate the pain of swelling after an
injury All these actions will bring temporary relief, so do not delay with a visit to the doctor. Only he can exclude the rupture of ligaments or a fracture, and also appoint the most appropriate treatment, thanks to which the full recovery will occur in the shortest possible time.
Prevention of ankle damage
In order not to encounter the appearance of such leg injuries, it is worthwhile to take the necessary preventive measures. The main thing that experts recommend is the strengthening of the leg muscles. For this, any stretching exercises are suitable. Athletes should make a warm-up before going in for sports. Women in order to avoid the occurrence of injuries in the ankle, it is necessary to limit the wearing of shoes with high heels. In the same case, when it has to be shod by virtue of certain circumstances, it is necessary to walk slowly and very carefully.
It should also be taken into account that preventive measures are most needed for those people who previously needed ankle treatment. At them the probability of a repeated trauma increases several times. This is due to the fact that the human ligament loses its elasticity after stretching. Observing the necessary preventive measures, it will not be possible to protect yourself from such damage to the ankle by 100%, but the risk of its occurrence will decrease several times.