Throughout its stages of development, osteochondrosis leads to various neurological complications. At the initial stage of the disease, painful sensations are limited to the area of the affected intervertebral disc and are expressed only in its degeneration. The duration of the initial period of the disease can last several years, without causing any special discomfort to a person. Aching pain can only occur when the spine is stressed.
Mechanism of development of osteochondrosis of 2nd degree
If prevention is started in a timely manner, the development of the disease can be stopped. Otherwise, the height of intervertebral discs decreases. Muscles and ligaments that connect the adjacent vertebrae, sag. This leads to instability of the vertebrae relative to each other. Develops osteochondrosis of 2 degrees. At this stage, displacement of the vertebrae may occur. The effect of physical exertion only increases the displacement of the vertebrae.
Clinically, this is manifested by irritation of the nerve roots in the affected segment and pain syndrome. This condition can last for several years, accompanied by exacerbations and remissions. During the exacerbation pains not only in the spine, but also in the internal organs, there is a violation of patency of the bile ducts and urinary tract. Pain feels the patient feels throughout the nerve.
In case of osteochondrosis of the second degree, the body tries to compensate for the inadequate redistribution of the load on the intervertebral discs. On the edges of the vertebrae begin to form outgrowths, increasing the area of their contact. As a result, the lumen of the intervertebral foramen narrows even more, squeezing the nerve roots and blood vessels more strongly.
When the cervical region is affected, the patient may have a falling head syndrome, in which prolonged fixation of the head in one position causes severe pain. This forces the patient to hold his head with his hands to reduce pain. Prolonged compression of the nerve roots and vessels in the cervical region leads to a disruption of the blood supply to the brain.
In the case of osteochondrosis of the lumbar region of the 2nd degree, the instability of the vertebrae leads to the patient having to fix the lower back to reduce the pain that can be given to the pelvic organs, buttocks, legs.
Treatment of neurological disorders of osteochondrosis of 2nd degree includes:
The main causes of osteochondrosis of the spine
1. Reducing the burden on intervertebral disks, as well as reducing the mobility of the affected department.
2. Thermal procedures. In neurological disorders, a certain role is played by irritation of the nerve root. Therefore, heat is not always effective in an acute period. On the contrary, such a procedure can increase the swelling of the tissues and the increase in pain.
In the period of stifling pain dry heat, applications, warm baths with pine extract allow to obtain a good therapeutic effect.
3. Medical massage and acupuncture. Not earlier than the second day after exacerbation massage reduces reflex muscle spasm. A good analgesic and desensitizing effect is provided by acupuncture. However, this method has contraindications. Therefore, in each individual case only the doctor prescribes acupuncture.
4. Manual therapy. The essence of the manual procedure for osteochondrosis of the 2d degree is that with the help of special manual techniques the tension in muscles and ligaments is eliminated, the blood flow, lymphatic flow improves, the posture is corrected. Restoration or compensation of impaired functions of the spine normalizes the activity of the functional systems of the body.
5. Nutrition for osteochondrosis of the 2nd degree should include sufficient protein intake. It is necessary to limit the consumption of fats and carbohydrates.
It is noteworthy that garlic and onions contain compounds that can influence metabolism, normalizing connective tissue structures of the spine.
6. Medical therapy. The use of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, muscle relaxants, chondroprotectors and vitamins eliminates inflammation in the nerve roots and normalizes metabolic processes in the intervertebral discs.
7. Physical therapy. The goal of gymnastic exercises for osteochondrosis of 2 degrees is to strengthen the muscular corset and stretch the spine.
Therapy in the treatment of the disease should be comprehensive and include all of the above points.
Only in this case it is possible to achieve the disappearance of neurological disorders and the onset of prolonged remission.
Do they take the 2nd degree in the army with osteochondrosis?
The army may not be called upon if the patient finds signs of limited deforming spondylosis and subarachnoidal osteosclerosis in the examination. In addition, the medical documents should be recorded repeated calls to the doctor with complaints of pain during exercise.
Radiographic examination of the spine should confirm the following pathological changes:
- Violation of the static function of the spine
- Violation of the dynamic function
- Decrease in the height of the intervertebral discs
- Displacement of the vertebral bodies.
The army is unavoidable if osteochondrosis of the 2nd degree passes asymptomatically.