- Danger of tension in the muscles of the back
- Basic methods of relaxing muscles
- Basic rules for therapeutic gymnastics
- Preparing for lesson
- Exercising against spasm of the neck muscles
- Relaxing the back muscles
- Useful exercises for the waist
Danger of tension of the back muscles
If the muscles are excessively strained, then onesudden movement, hypothermia and other negative factors lead to the fact that the tension is fixed reflexively. As a result of this condition, the intervertebral discs are squeezed and compressed, in some cases they protrude, because of which the nerve roots are squeezed. This causes pain, the intensity of which may be different.
With the protrusion of the intervertebral disc and its pressure on the nerve roots, there is a reduction in the intervertebral muscles. This increases the pressure on the discs, which protrude more strongly as a result.
The resulting spasm is an attempt by the body to protect the affected area. In the state of spasm, the muscle experiences nerve fibers and blood vessels, which causes the blood supply and nutrition of tissues to be disturbed.
Because of the excessive tension of the muscles of the back, curvatures of the spine arise, because of which pain can affect any internal organs. With constant tension of the neck muscles vision deteriorates due to the fact that the spasm is squeezing the eye nerves.
The main ways to relax the muscles
You can remove muscle tension by stretching the spine. With this, the space between the vertebrae increases, the intervertebral discs become in their place and cease exerting excessive pressure on the nerve roots. As a result, metabolic processes are restored in spastic affected tissues and in internal organs, nutrition of which is provided by clamped vessels.
As a result, defects in the spine are corrected, joints return mobility, passes pain
For the removal of spasm, one can resort to one of the following techniques:
- Pulmonary respiration .Breathing exercises will relax your back muscles. It is necessary to strain muscles on inspiration and relax on exhalation. Then inhale without exertion, try to reproduce the feeling that arises when relaxing on the affected area.
- Limiting voltage .The area that spasms cramped is strained as much as possible and retains the voltage for 20-30 seconds or even longer, if possible. Then the muscles relax at the same time as the exhalation.
- Massage .For massage you can use vibrating massagers, perform massage manually, performing pressure, kneading, ice. Cooling with ice removes tension from the affected area, reduces pain. For massage, it is necessary to perform circular motions with ice over the spasmodic area. This will first narrow the vessels, after which they will expand dramatically, which will cause muscle relaxation. As a result, the normal circulation of the affected area is restored.
- Thermal treatment .The method is effective with prolonged tension of the muscles of the back, which lasts no less than 3 days. During this time, edema and acute pain pass, so you can apply heat. Warming the affected area stimulates blood flow to it. Five times a day you can conduct thermal treatments, which require two towels. One need to be soaked with hot water, wrap around the sick area, wrap the towel on top with a film, and wind a dry towel around it. After 20 minutes, the compress can be removed.
- Sauna .In all diseases of the musculoskeletal system, visiting the sauna promotes treatment. As a result of the procedures, the nutrition of spinal injured back muscles is improved, so that they can be relaxed.
The basic rules of therapeutic gymnastics
One of the most important ways of treatment is therapeutic gymnastics. Exercises for stretching the spine will relax the muscles, maintain the flexibility of the whole body, maintain proper posture.
The main techniques that allow you to relax your back muscles:
- performing rhythmic slow movements to stretch the tonic muscle, perform preferably 6-15 repetitions with a break of 20 seconds;
- occupy a position in which the tonic muscle is stretched under the action of gravity, fix the position for 20 seconds, do the same for the duration of the break, perform 15-20 repetitions;
- strain the tonic muscle, overcoming the resistance, for 10 seconds, then relax and stretch it for 8 seconds, preferably 3-6 repetitions.
Preparation for lesson
Do not exercise through pain, this condition will only worsen. To relieve pain in the lumbar region, you can sit on the edge of any hard surface( you can on the bed or sofa, if they do not strongly bend).Leaning back, you need to pull your legs to your chest with your hands. It is necessary to try to achieve a situation in which pain passes. Then you can stand up, trying not to strain the muscles that were hurting before that.
To anesthetize the muscles of the shoulders and the upper part of the neck, sit back in the chair, put your hands on the back of the head, and then slowly lower your arms so that the muscles are not tense again.
Gymnastics against spasm of the neck muscles
To relax the neck muscles, you can perform the following complex:
- Tilting forward and backward with your head. Tilt it as much as possible. Move slowly.
- Turns the head in both directions. Turns are carried out also to the stop and not hurrying.
- Slopes to the side of the head. You can not lift your shoulders while doing this.
- Resting in the forehead with your hands, you must try to tilt your head forward. The duration of one attempt is about 5 seconds. The same slopes with resistance overcome are carried back and in both directions.
- With dumbbells 1,5-2 kg, you should slowly shrug your shoulders. At the same time, the hands are freely lowered.
For the first 2-3 weeks of physical therapy, only the first three
exercises are recommended. Then you can add the rest. The optimal frequency of exercise - twice a day. For each, it is best to perform 5 repetitions.
Relaxing of the back muscles
For the middle part of the back, with excessive muscle tension, such exercises are very helpful:
- Standing straight your arms are put on your waist. You have to lift each shoulder in turn.
- Standing on all fours, the chin is pressed to the chest, and the back is pulled upwards.
- Standing with his hands on his belt and his elbows unfolded forward, his chin is pressed to his chest. Perform the deflection of the back back to round it.
- Lying on your stomach with your hands on your hips, your legs should be straightened and brought together. The feet should be tried to reach as high as possible and fix the position at the top point for 2 seconds.
- Lying on the stomach, hands are locked into the lock. The head is lifted and the shoulders are torn off the floor, trying to reach for the feet with their hands. At the top point, the position is also fixed for 2 seconds.
- Lying on his back, his knees are pulled to his chest with his hands, his head reaches for his knees. In this position, they freeze for a few seconds.
Useful exercises for the waist
If reduces the spasm of the waist, relax the muscles will allow such exercises:
- Lying on the stomach, the pelvis is not torn from the floor, while on the hands perform push-ups.
- Lying on the back with feet firmly pressed to the floor and knees bent at the knees, the arms are crossed and put the palms on the shoulders. Head and shoulders should be tried to raise as high as possible. And the lower part of the body should be pressed to the floor. The position should be fixed for 2 seconds.
- Lying on the stomach, the left arm and right leg are lifted up. Fix the position for 2 seconds, execute too with the opposite hand and foot.
It is very important that the exercise does not cause pain. In this case, it is necessary to stop occupations and pick up another complex that will suit the patient more.