Despite the fact that hemorrhoids can appear both in men and women of any age, there are several features of the female body that increase the risk of this unpleasant disease. There is an opinion that women suffer from hemorrhoids more often than men, which means they need to be more careful about their health.
- 1 Common causes of hemorrhoids in women
- 2 Births, pregnancy and hemorrhoids
- 3 Malnutrition and stresses leading to hemorrhoids
- 4 Signs of hemorrhoids in women
- 5 How to avoid hemorrhoids?
Common causes of hemorrhoids in women
Today this unpleasant disease affects more than 10% of the population in civilized countries. Let's consider more in detail the causes of hemorrhoids in women:
- A sedentary lifestyle. This reason is common for men and for women. However, in women, occupations are more often associated with a fixed seat than in men. In addition, it is dangerous not only to sit constantly, but also stay on your feet for a long time without moving. This risk group includes masters of manicure, hairdressers, make-up artists, office workers. Fixed stay in the same position leads to stagnation of blood in the organs of the small pelvis, because of which the hemorrhoid nodules fall out.
- Constipation. Women often have constipation due to the desire to lose weight and various diets that disrupt digestion. It does not mean a healthy diet, but absolute starvation and at times dehydration. Constipation inevitably leads to hemorrhoids, anal fissures and other problems.
- Menstruation. At a certain time of the cycle, blood flows to the pelvic organs with special force, so during menstruation, you should not give up physical activity( as much as possible) to avoid falling out of the hemorrhoid cones.
- Pregnancy. With the growth of the child, the load on the pelvic organs increases manyfold. Despite bandages for pregnant women, supporting the stomach, hemorrhoids can be avoided extremely rarely.
- Childbirth. The very process of childbirth is often traumatic and is associated with various gaps. Generic attempts may provoke the prolapse of the nodes or strengthen the hemorrhoids arising during pregnancy. To the wonderful time of motherhood was not overshadowed by unpleasant sensations, it is necessary to listen carefully to the midwife during childbirth, to carry out all her instructions.
- Heavy lifting. Most often this reason is also associated with the desire of women to lose weight. In pursuit of a beautiful figure, the fair sex does not spare herself in the gym, pulling dumbbells and other weights. Without a knowledgeable trainer, performing some exercises can provoke an increase in intra-abdominal pressure, which increases the risk of hemorrhoids.
Birth, pregnancy and hemorrhoids
During pregnancy, the future mother is already full of worries: this is the preparation for the birth of the child, and constant analysis, observations and, of course, the experience for the baby. At this time, the woman's body is completely rebuilt, there are many physiological processes that affect the general state of the body. The growing uterus increases the load on the vessels and organs of the small pelvis. Because of increasing intra-abdominal pressure, the risk of hemorrhoids is very high. Unfortunately, not all funds from hemorrhoids are allowed during pregnancy. Therefore, it is very important to prevent the appearance of hemorrhoids.
In addition to these reasons, the sedentary lifestyle of pregnant women plays an important role. It's very important to move. This not only avoids stagnant processes in the vessels of the small pelvis, but also enriches the body with oxygen, which is vital for the child. Therefore, if there are no contraindications, it is advisable to take daily walks, which will significantly reduce the risk of hemorrhoids.
Very often, pregnant women are concerned about constipation, which subsequently leads to hemorrhoids. This is also associated with hormonal changes. Use laxatives is not recommended if they are not prescribed by a doctor. The best prevention of constipation is proper nutrition, compotes of dried fruits, fruit drinks, and sufficient intake of clean water. During labor, the load on the vessels increases several times. The attempts are so strong that the blood vessels in the eyes burst. However, this, like hemorrhoids, can still be avoided if you listen carefully to the doctor and push yourself only when he speaks.
Hemorrhoids is not a contraindication for natural childbirth.
However, if this disease has already appeared, it is necessary to be especially cautious, as labor can be more painful and prolonged. Pressure on the pelvic organs during labor pains is especially dangerous for internal hemorrhoids, which may not be manifested during pregnancy. The doctor at the time of delivery will give advice on how to push right, what to lean on and how to hold your head. These tips should not be neglected, since they will help the child to appear more quickly, and the mother will avoid various ruptures, anal fissures and exacerbation of hemorrhoids.
Improper nutrition and stress leading to hemorrhoids
Women are known to be more emotional than men. They are more prone to stress, more difficult to survive problems and grievances. Sometimes various diseases, including hemorrhoids, are associated with a general weakening of the body's resistance due to nervous overstrain and stress. In this case, other diseases are joined to hemorrhoids, for example, frequent colds, thrush, exacerbation of chronic diseases, allergic reactions.
With the psychological reason for the appearance of hemorrhoids to cope most difficult. Controlling your emotions and mood is not a simple task. In these cases, the doctor can prescribe light soothing drugs( Afobazol, valerian, Novopassit, Persen, etc.).
Working women are not only exposed to stress, but often do not have time to follow their diet. Snacks on the go, lack of a full breakfast and non-compliance with the drinking regime lead to constipation, and after a while, when the constipation is already chronic, hemorrhoids appear. Active women, immersed in the work, this is particularly troublesome. When there is no possibility to sit quietly, walk, feel pain and burning in the anus, concentrate on work does not work. This provokes stress, and everything goes in a circle.
To keep the intestines working properly, fasting should be avoided. If you go to work in the morning without breakfast, go to lunch in a hurry, drink tea with a sandwich, and at home after all business is full, be prepared for the fact that problems with the gastrointestinal tract will overtake you very quickly. Food taken late at night, poorly digested, disrupting the intestines. The abundance of easily digestible carbohydrates and the insufficient amount of dietary fiber in foods also lead to constipation. Snacks buns, cookies and sweets will not only add kilograms, but also add problems with the pancreas and intestines.
However, even proper nutrition does not help if there is not enough water. You need to drink not only tea, coffee( which also provokes constipation), juices, but also purified unboiled water. This will help maintain weight in the normal state, to adjust the work of the gastrointestinal tract. Sometimes women, to avoid constipation, and also for weight loss, abuse laxatives and cleansing enemas. This is unacceptable, since excessive relaxation of the sphincter muscles also leads to hemorrhoids.
Signs of hemorrhoids in women
The signs of hemorrhoids in women and men are usually similar. Symptoms are easily recognizable. The fact that you have hemorrhoids, it is easy to guess. However, it is not recommended to make a diagnosis for yourself. Be sure to consult a doctor. The main symptom of external hemorrhoids are the dropping painful nodules. They are the ones that are the most troublesome. Hemorrhoidal cones can be of different size and different degrees of sensitivity. As a rule, they appear immediately after defecation and after a while "hide".
- Itching and burning in the rectum. Unpleasant symptom, always accompanying hemorrhoids. With this disease, mucus is released from the anus, which causes inflammation and burning. Itching also occurs with anal fissure, which can occur with hemorrhoids. The crack is constantly traumatized by the feces, and then it contracts again, causing severe itching.
- Blood during defecation. During the emptying of the intestine, blood may appear. Pure red blood on toilet paper speaks about traumatization of a cone or an anal fissure. Blood stasis in feces or black feces is a much more disturbing symptom, requiring immediate examination. Any bleeding is potentially dangerous because of the risk of anemia. Particular attention should be paid to this to pregnant women.
- Sensation of foreign body in the rectum. This is also a dangerous sign, which can mean not only internal hemorrhoids, but also more dangerous diseases, for example, neoplasms in the rectum. If during the evacuation of the intestine and for some time after there is a feeling of an incomplete act of defecation, it is worthwhile to see a doctor.
- Painful sensations during defecation. Pain during a trip to the toilet can be barely noticeable or very strong. For severe pain and bleeding, seek medical attention immediately. The cause of pain can be both traumatized hemorrhoidal nodules, and the crack of the anal opening. In the absence of proper treatment, the pain will only increase. At the last stages of the disease, pain accompanies a person almost always: during walking, sitting and even at rest.
How to avoid hemorrhoids?
Treat hemorrhoids is not so easy. It is much easier to take some measures to avoid this unpleasant ailment. The basic rules of prevention are not as complex as it might seem at first glance. If you develop a habit, you can forget about hemorrhoids once and for all. It is necessary to reduce the consumption of fatty, spicy, smoked food, alcohol, and also sweet. This does not mean that you can never eat shish kebab, chocolate and cakes. But if possible, eat these foods as little as possible.
There are more vegetables, fruits and cereals. Fiber is necessary for the full operation of the gastrointestinal tract. You can train yourself to eat porridge with fruit for breakfast or pour oatmeal overnight with yogurt. Fresh vegetables are useful in the form of salads with herbs and vegetable oil. It is necessary to drink at least 8 glasses of water a day. This will help maintain the metabolism in the norm, cleanse the body of toxins, as well as avoid constipation. This amount does not include other liquids such as tea, coffee, soups, liquid yoghurts, juices.
If nevertheless it was impossible to avoid constipation, do not strongly push. It is better to use glycerin suppositories or enemas for rapid evacuation of the intestine. Constantly resort to these funds is not necessary, so as not to cause the syndrome of "lazy bowel".After defecation, it is better not to use stiff toilet paper, even if it says that it is super soft and multilayered. Toilet paper can still cause irritation. It can be replaced with wet wipes or a cool shower with hypoallergenic soap.
Try not to lift weights without special preparation. This can damage many muscles and organs, as well as provoke a hernia.
As much as possible to move is the first rule of health. If there is no time for fitness and gym, you can make walks, run in the mornings( even if in the apartment), give up the elevator, a couple of times a week go to the pool, accustom yourself to a five-minute morning exercise. Physical exercises that stimulate blood circulation in the pelvic organs include scissors, bicycle, lifting the pelvis, lying on the back with bent knees, Kegel exercises.
One of the main reasons for the appearance of hemorrhoids in women is a deviation from the rules of a healthy lifestyle. Caring for your body will allow you to maintain your health for many years, and if signs of malaise appear, you need to take the necessary measures as soon as possible.
What causes hemorrhoids, the reasons for hemorrhoids in women will tell the video:
Tell a friend!