Medical data indicate that hemorrhoids affect fifteen percent of the population, and more often it affects men, but women are more likely to turn to medical services, most likely because they are used to monitoring themselves, making decisions and responsibly treating theirhealth.
- Complications, Diagnosis and Treatment
Hemorrhoids are a dangerous pathology, because apart from humiliating and unpleasant sensations, it carries the threat of numerous complications.
Hemorrhoids, a "blood source" from the Greek language, is a varicose pathological increase in the internal and external hemorrhoids of the rectum, periodically exacerbated, accompanied by bleeding, discomfort, inflammation, and the exit from the anal canal of the hemorrhoidal internal nodes.
The insidiousness of this disease lies in the fact that it is hidden, it is often found late, when the disease passes to the late stage, and the very first signs of hemorrhoids are paid not only by inattention to themselves, but also because they are very individual.
Symptoms may vary, vary in intensity, do not self-medicate and diagnose the diagnosis on the Internet, one consultation with a specialist will give a better and safer result.
Hemorrhoids develops due to the fact that an increased blood flow begins to flow to the hemorrhoids, and the outflow of it from the nodes decreases significantly. Excess blood leads to an increase and displacement of the nodes, the ligamentous-muscular system, which holds the nodes, is destroyed.
There are several reasons for the increase in blood flow:
- The specificity of labor when a person is too long on their feet, for example: hairdressers, sellers, surgeons, etc.
- Complicated or multiple pregnancies;
- Sedentary, sedentary lifestyle;
- Diseases and conditions that lead to increased circulation in the pelvic organs and intra-abdominal pressure, for example: power sports, diarrhea, weight lifting, constipation and others;Excess weight.
The earliest signs of hemorrhoids that should alert a person are the severity and slight pain in the anal passage. Then follows a slight bleeding, which is also rarely noticed, and if noticed, begin to treat themselves, while the disease is aggravated.
- Discomfort in the anus, when a person feels heaviness, there is also a feeling of incomplete emptying, and when the stool masses go down the aisle a person may feel a tingling sensation. These sensations are not constant, they can become aggravated, and can also die off, because of what the pain is not particularly worried. At some point, simple discomfort turns into pain.
- Bleeding during emptying, a sign that can not be missed and seeing that you need to immediately consult a doctor. But often it is not noticed because of the specifics of the location, not everyone can look at the used paper. Bleeding can also occur and stain the underwear after lifting weights or intense exercise. Bleeding is a serious signal, even if there is no hemorrhoids, it should not be, it is also a symptom of the presence of a tumor of the rectum.
- Swelling and inflammation, they are often observed with exacerbation of pathology, a person is uncomfortable not just go to the toilet, he can not normally sit, and even small sneezes or a minor cough brings a lot of suffering.
- Acute pain is already a pronounced symptom of hemorrhoids, because aching pain may be characteristic of another disease, the acute pain during defecation signals an acute course of the disease and problems in the anal passage.
- Nodal drop, this happens already at later stages, when nodes become excessively large. They may appear slightly when defecating, when they are still small, and with the development of the disease they have to be inserted by hand.
- Appearance of mucus, a sign not only of hemorrhoids, but often accompanies it. Standing out, it starts to irritate the skin, there is burning and itching.
- Constipation often occurs when the nodes proliferate and thereby squeeze the stool masses, do not let them calmly descend and exit.
Complications, diagnosis and treatment
When bleeding becomes intense and frequent, it is already a complication of the disease, which leads to anemia, poor health due to dizziness, lowering blood pressure, weakness, etc. An inflammatory process can also develop, leading to a purulent process, there is an intolerable itch and cracks. The aggravation of the disease leads to the fact that the sphincter of the anus is deficient, because of this there is incontinence of gas and contents.
It is not difficult to identify hemorrhoids to a doctor, on the basis of complaints the proctologist holds and appoints:
- Finger diagnosis, it is the main diagnosis and is carried out by everyone.
- Recto-manoscopy is an accurate, widespread and reliable method for examining the rectum with the help of special equipment.
- Colonoscopy - examination by the endoscope of the rectum.
- Anoscopy - using the rectal mirror, the lower section of the rectum and the anal canal are examined.
- Irrigoscopy - X-ray of the large intestine.
- The analysis of feces is general, on the latent blood and on the qualitative composition.
- Blood test to determine the presence or absence of anemia.
If you identify signs of hemorrhoids, you should immediately contact a specialist.
If the condition is accompanied by constipation, then you need to adjust your diet, and the doctor will already prescribe the necessary laxatives to ease the condition. Also the doctor will recommend ointments, gels and rectal suppositories. When the process is running, all conservative drugs do not help, therefore, surgery for surgical correction is prescribed.
Tell a friend!