Under pancreatitis is understood the inflammation of the pancreas, the role of which many people underestimate. In fact, it is her enzymes that help digest proteins, fats and carbohydrates in the intestines. And such hormones as insulin and glucagon regulate the blood glucose level.
- Causes of pancreatitis
- Clinical picture of pancreatitis
- Diet for pancreatitis
Causes of pancreatitis
Let's start with the fact that pancreatitis can occur in acute and chronic( with periods of exacerbation) form. It is important to understand that the untimely rendering of medical care to a person with acute pancreatitis can even lead to a fatal outcome.
If you study the reasons for which a person develops pancreatitis, then you can distinguish two main: gallbladder disease( cholelithiasis) and alcohol abuse.
Unfortunately, it is impossible to limit alcohol consumption( at least some people), but in your power to reduce its negative impact on the body. In particular, during the feast, try not to "seize" alcohol, but to "wash down" with a lot of non-carbonated water. In addition, this recommendation will help to avoid alcohol intoxication.
Factors provoking the development of pancreatitis:
- disease of the duodenum
- stomach operations
- abdominal trauma
- administration of some drugs( estrogens, antibiotics, furosemide)
- hormonal change in the
- anomaly of the pancreatic duct of anatomical nature
- metabolic disorders
However, in some cases, doctors can not establish the cause of acute pancreatitis.
Clinical picture of pancreatitis
The main symptom of acute pancreatitis is severe pain, having a girdling character. In this case, a person can not remove it with the help of habitual antispasmodics and analgesics.
In addition to acute pain, the patient can tell about other complaints.
- stool disorder
On ultrasound in a person with acute pancreatitis noticeable changes in shape and uneven edges of the pancreas. In addition, there may be the formation of cysts.
With pancreatitis, you can calm down the pain only if you sit down and lean forward slightly. Pain syndrome worsens 1 hour after eating( especially fried, fatty and spicy).Sometimes the pain irradiates in the heart, resembling an attack of angina.
Patients with pancreatitis often suffer diarrhea. And, the chair becomes mushy, and it contains not digested food.
With this disease, a person loses weight before his eyes. Sometimes chronic pancreatitis becomes the main cause of diabetes.
Diet for pancreatitis
Suppose you were given this non-comforting diagnosis. If pancreatitis is associated with the presence of stones in the gallbladder, then it is necessary to resort to surgery. If the disease is caused by alcohol abuse, then it is necessary that the doctor selects for you medical therapy aimed at the removal of the inflammatory process.
Alcohol is absolutely contraindicated during treatment. In addition, one must adhere to a literate diet in order to prevent an exacerbation of the disease.
Nutritional guidelines for pancreatitis:
- Food should be prepared in the oven, steamer or multivark.
- Bread consumed in dried form.
- Soup should not have cabbage.
- As for meat, give preference to lean beef, veal, chicken, rabbit.
- Fish can be eaten with cod, pike, pike perch, carp.
- It is better not to get involved with dairy products, but they should not be acidic.
- Add vegetable and butter to ready-made meals.
- It is useful to eat boiled water( without salt) porridge.
- From fruits you can eat apples without peel in a baked form.
- Drink compotes of dried fruits( you can forget about fresh ones, but if you drink, then in a diluted form with water).
- fatty meat, fish and poultry
- sausages, smoked products and cheese
- meat, chicken, mushroom and fish broth
- fatty sour cream
- white cabbage, sorrel, spinach, radish and radish, garlic, horseradish, onion
- marinades, spices, marinated mushrooms
Thus, pancreatitis is a fairly serious disease, which is much easier to prevent if eat properly. However, if the ailment makes you aware of yourself, then immediately consult a doctor. During treatment it is important to follow a strict diet, without which the most expensive drugs will simply not be effective.
Tell your friends! Tell about this article to your friends in your favorite social network using social buttons. Thank you!