The pancreas is a very important organ of a person, without which the normal process of digestion is simply impossible. That is why close attention should be paid to the problem of the onset of diseases of this gland, since the consequences can be very serious.
- 1 Pancreas functions
- 2 Symptoms and signs of pancreatic disease
- 3 Causes of diseases
- 4 Pancreatitis
- 5 Diabetes diabetes
- 6 Pancreatic cancer
As mentioned above, the pancreas performs a number of very importantfunctions, through which the body functions as it should. The main functions performed by the iron can be attributed:
- The production of enzymes, that is, direct participation in the digestion process. If at least one enzyme is produced in less or more, it can lead to irreversible processes, which will cause the body to experience a huge stress.
- Regulation in the process of metabolism, namely, the production of insulin cells
In the event that a problem ariseswith the fulfillment of one of the above functions, the process of digestion and metabolism is disrupted, and it is very difficult to restore it, for the reason that not always violations can be noticed immediately. Most often they are found when nothing is done.
In order to provide the pancreas the normal performance of its functions, it is only necessary to eat properly. It is the right and healthy food that positively affects the production of all the necessary enzymes.
Symptoms and signs of pancreatic disease
Very often people ignore any manifestation of painful sensations in the upper abdomen, thinking that it will pass by itself. But, unfortunately, any pain, even short-term, is not the norm, it indicates that there are some problems with the pancreas. One of the main signs that the disease of the gland develops, will be weight loss, and then, when a person normally eats and does not adhere to any diet.
Among the main signs of diseases, there are also vividly evidenced causeless attacks of nausea, and sometimes vomiting. For an absolutely healthy person this will be a complete surprise and will make you pay attention. The appearance of nausea indicates that digestion processes have been disrupted, and thus vomiting or nausea is provoked. There are many diseases of the pancreas, which have their own particular signs. The main symptoms of manifestation include:
- Pain, which appears very sharply and is localized approximately in the region of the lower ribs, and from the back
- Pain, which seems to girdle. It becomes every minute more unbearable, and a person can not even move.
- The appearance of a vomiting reflex, which basically appears at the moment when the peak of a pain attack is felt. At this point, a person can snatch more than once, and the vomit will be with an acidic odor, indicating a violation of the alkaline environment in the stomach.
- Poor appetite. A person can even give up their favorite foods and reduce the number of meals a day to one, as he just does not feel like eating
- . The increased body temperature, which happens when there is a strong inflammation of the pancreas.
- The pain subsides if the person leans forward. The pain can either completely pass, or it can subside until the person assumes the former position of
. In some cases, the symptoms develop so quickly that a person can not even really understand what happened. In this situation, you need to immediately call an ambulance, because in most cases, urgent hospitalization of the patient is required.
Causes of illness
Basically, the main cause of problems with the pancreas is a wrong lifestyle, that is, the abuse of alcoholic beverages or excessive smoking. In addition, a huge role is played by the diet. In the event that a person mainly eats only very fatty and spicy food, then he has a better chance of developing problems with the gland. The main causes of various problems and diseases with the pancreas include:
- Problems with the duodenum. In the human body, everything is closely interrelated. And if there is a failure in one place, it will definitely affect the other organ
- . Transferred operations on the stomach or other organ of the gastrointestinal tract
- . Belly trauma
- . Taking medications that can become the main cause of pancreatic function depression and as a consequence, the development of diseases
- Infiltration of the body. Quite often an adult can not pay attention to mild indisposition, although it will say that the infection has penetrated into the body. And, as a rule, such infections are the causes of pancreatic function disorders.
- Congenital anomalies in the pancreas. This is usually referred to as excessive narrowing of the bile duct, or, conversely, its expansion
- Problems with metabolism that lead to the development of other diseases, as the bodies receive less necessary substances, or, on the contrary, receive them in larger quantities than required
- Violation of the hormonal background. This can occur against a background of stress, and also because of the development of other diseases.
- Vascular problems. Vascular diseases lead to the fact that the blood supply of some organs is reduced, thereby reducing the amount of nutrients and the necessary trace elements
- . Heredity. As a rule, those children whose parents suffer from pancreatic diseases are also likely to become owners of these ailments.
There are many reasons for the development of the diseases of this body, and in fact, it is very difficult to control everything. That is why, in case of any pain attack, even if tolerable and not strong, you should immediately consult a doctor for advice, since only he can make an accurate diagnosis and find out the problem.
One of the most common diseases of this body is pancreatitis. Pancreatitis is a very strong inflammation of all pancreatic tissues. There are two forms of pancreatitis - acute and chronic. For the acute form of pancreatitis, the following signs and symptoms are characteristic:
- Severe abdominal pain
- Significant increase in body temperature
- Excessive formation of gases
- Stool problems, namely diarrhea, which can be 10 to 15 times a day
- Severe dehydration. Dehydration occurs due to acute diarrhea, which removes almost all the liquid from the body.
- Nausea, and sometimes vomiting, which does not give any feeling of relief.
- Rapid heart rate
- Dry mouth
- Shortness of breath
- Jaundice. This symptom is very rare, but still it is attributed to the main signs of acute pancreatitis
Among the main causes of acute pancreatitis are:
- Diseases of the biliary tract
- Gallstones formation in the gallbladder
- Obtained trauma and as a consequence, surgical intervention
- Vascular problems that result in insufficient oxygen supply to the
- Infections that penetrated the duodenum
- Any inflammation that occurs with some kind of inflammation,or an organ of the abdominal cavity
- Allergic reaction
- Exposure to toxins
If we talk about the chronic form of pancreatitis, then it is characterized by the following signsand:
- Aching pain that brings a small discomfort
- Severity in the left hypochondrium
- Stool problems that may appear as constipation or, conversely, diarrhea
- Stool with undigested remnants of food. This is because n enough enzymes for normal digestion of food
- Weight loss, which is due to the fact that most of the nutrients are not absorbed in the body
The main causes of the occurrence of chronic pancreatitis include:
- Poor treatment of acute pancreatitis
- Problemswith vessels
- Incorrect nutrition, namely excessive consumption of very fatty and spicy food that is poorly absorbed by the body
- Thyroid disease
- Problems with biliary tractotokami
Very often, chronic pancreatitis worsens in the spring or autumn. In addition, before the New Year holidays people with such ailment are advised to start drinking auxiliary enzymes in order to transfer the feasts as easily as possible and easier.
Diabetes mellitus is another of the most common pancreatic diseases that is associated with non-production of insulin. In most cases, diabetes mellitus develops gradually, thereby sometimes smoothing out all the symptoms and letting the person get used to them. And this is very dangerous. The main signs that a person has diabetes is:
- Feeling of dryness in the mouth. And the feeling will be constant, and even when drinking a lot of water it will not pass
- Increase in the level of urine output
- A sharp increase and in some cases a sharp decrease in the person's weight
- Dryness of the skin
- Gingival skin formation
- Constant sensation of weakness in muscles
- Severe,even small wounds, heal very long
If the disease has passed to a more severe stage, then a person can haveto lose sight, wounds that begin to heal for a very long time begin to excruciate, permanent headaches are aggravated, consciousness is broken, and a persistent smell of acetone from the skin of a person is felt. The main causes of diabetes include:
- Heredity. At risk are those whose parents or grandparents had this disease
- Age. Scientists have proved that the older a person, the more chances he will become the owner of diabetes
Because of the fact that the body stops producing insulin, it must be replenished. Quite often, patients are prescribed insulin injections. If the stage of diabetes is easy, then you can do with taking pills or following a strict diet.
Another serious pancreatic disease that takes the leading place is cancer. The main signs of the appearance of cancer include:
- Yellowness of the skin
- Pain sensations that usually pass into the back area
- Sharp weight loss, complete loss of appetite
- Liquid chair
Among the main causes of pancreatic cancer are:
- Incorrect nutrition, namely the consumption of large quantities of meat and fatty broths
- Change in pancreatic tissues that occur during aging
- Diabetes mellitus
- Pancreatitis, namely its chronic form
It should be noted that pancreatic cancer manifests itself mainly at the last stages, when metastases have already spread to other organs. That is why the cancer of this organ is considered to be one of the most terrible and rapid, as a person "burns" right before our eyes.
Diseases of the pancreas are very difficult to treat, since in most cases they are found even when there is little to change. Because of this, the question about the main signs of diseases of this body is actualized, because if you know about them, you can contact a specialist for a survey. Many doctors recommend at least once every two years to undergo a survey in order to identify possible deviations.
On some signs of pancreatic pathology will tell a video:
Tell a friend!