Birthmarks on our body are always present. Some have many, others only single manifestations. We perceive them as absolutely innocuous specks. But sometimes it happens that they cause the development of cancer. A cancerous mole - melanoma - is very dangerous. How to recognize it? Why does it appear? What should I do if I find it? This we will discuss in this material.
The causes of melanoma
Scientists have proved that this malignant tumor develops from the pigment cells of the epidermis. The exact reasons for its occurrence have not been revealed, but the factors that provoke their development are known. This is a long stay under the open sun( beach), visits to the solarium, severe sunburns suffered in childhood, hereditary predisposition, white skin color, the presence of numerous birthmarks on the body, mechanical damage to the formations on the skin.
It is important to remember to everyone that the disease is much easier to prevent than cure. Melanomas are very aggressive.
How to identify melanoma?
The importance of regular inspection of own moles is not exaggerated. What are the distinctive features of malignant moles? Medics developed the ABCDE system. Each letter is a designation of a factor, which you must always pay attention to.
- A( asymmetry) - asymmetry. An imaginary straight line is drawn through the existing mole. She will divide education into two symmetrical halves, if the birthmark is normal. Sprouting should alert.
- B( border irregularity) - uneven edges. In an inoffensive mole, the edges are perfectly even. A rugged and indistinct edge is bad.
- C( color) - color. Normal birthmark of the same color. Its heterogeneity, black, red inclusions - one of the signs of melanoma.
- D( diameter) - diameter. A mole with a diameter of more than 6 mm should certainly alert you.
- E( evolving) - changeability. Any transformation of the birthmark, regarding its color, shape or size - is the reason for the visit to a specialist.
Focus on the above factors when looking at their moles. Now you know how the cancer moles look and how they differ from the rest. The slightest suspicion necessarily requires the attention of the doctor.
Treatment of melanoma
The process of melanoma treatment depends on the stage of the disease. Almost always, malignant moles are excised. Before surgery, you can try to ease the condition of the birthmark if it is ulcerated or inflamed. To do this, there are several time-tested recipes.
- A complex ointment made from a mixture of chopped poplar buds, pomegranate crusts, incense powder, madder root, chilli pepper in equal parts, alcohol impregnated with 70%.The mixture is insisted for 15 days in the warmth. After mixed with fat cream. Ointment is suitable for the treatment of moles and open wounds.
- Butter seed oil, is prepared from 10 g of seeds of this plant and 200 ml of corn oil. Insists in the dark for 20 days. Such a drug effectively affects the external tumor.
Birthmark and melanoma. Illustration
Folk medicine against melanoma
Any diseases of the body lead to a weakening of our immunity. In the case of oncological processes, the protective forces rapidly weaken, which leads to an increase in the growth of moles and the spread of metastases. Therefore, traditional medicine recommends taking the so-called adaptogens. This is a natural remedy that stimulates immunity. Here are some effective recipes.
- Pharmacy tincture of ginseng, tincture of eleutherococcus, tincture of rhodiola rosea are applied on 20-30 drops, 3 times a day, for a couple of months.
- The tincture of the Jungar aconite is well known as a anti-metastasis agent. It is prepared from 20 g of dry root of the plant and 1 l of purified alcohol 70%.The mixture is infused in a dark place for 3-4 weeks. The method of taking it is from 1 drop to 10, then back. Drink 3 times a day for an hour before meals. After each 20-day course, the break is 7 days.
- Collection of bark of aspen, elm, black elderberry in the ratio 2: 2: 1.2.5 tbsp.l.crushed dry raw material is brewed 0.5 liters of boiling water and infused. Then it is mixed with 2 tbsp.l.honey and is taken 3 times a day for 0.5 hours before meals.
- Aloe juice also has a negative effect on melanoma metastasis. Take it is recommended for 1 tsp.3 times a day.
- The roots of angelica, badana, burdock, licorice, rhubarb, the skullcap of Baikal, taken in equal quantities, are well crushed and dried.2 tbsp.l.the mixture is brewed 0.5 liters of boiling water. The broth is taken one third of the glass again 3 times a day.
Video. What will happen if you tear off the birthmark
Prevention of the appearance of melanoma is very important, it should not be neglected. Limit your being under the sun and apply a good sunscreen on your skin. Special clothes made of polyester protects us well from the destructive sun. Remember that a beautiful tan, which will soon disappear, is not worth your health.