Why are there white spots on my nails?
Nails - a mirror of the internal state of the body, if something is wrong - look at the nails! White spots on the nail plate can talk about the presence of serious diseases, and therefore their appearance should not pass unnoticed.
How to deal with this phenomenon and prevent the occurrence of such violations. Advice of experienced professionals and ordinary users - all on one page. What is it - white spots on the nails?
Disorders on the nail platinum
In medicine, the appearance of white spots on the nails is called leukonichia, and it is not only the presence of the spot that matters, but also its shape, size, location relative to each other.
Symptoms of the disease can be not only stains, but also white bands and even a discoloration of the entire nail. There are such inclusions due to the appearance between the layers of the nail air bubbles. But how does he get there?
Causes of white spots on the nails
The reasons can be various factors, the most famous and common:
- lack of vitamins, such white spots indicate a catastrophic shortage of vitamins and minerals in the body, and therefore you need to adjust your diet, make it more useful and diverse,add a vitamin-mineral course, after which your nails will again be healthy and beautiful;
- mechanical injuries and damage to the nail plate, any trauma can not but affect the condition of the nail, because at the time of damage the affected area is deprived of the usual blood supply, the nails may appear white spots;
- the presence of fungal diseases, among them - thickening of the nail plate, changing its color, deformation, white spots on the nails, all this means that you need to urgently seek medical help;
- the presence of chronic diseases that can affect the appearance of the nail plate, it is stress, overexertion, excessive physical activity, malfunctioning of the heart and digestive system, problems with the reproductive organs and thyroid gland.
There are several types of leukonichia:
- Limited, partial "decoration" of the nail plate.
- Spot, manifested as white dots on the nail, of various diameters and coloring, from rich white to more transparent.
- Stratus, on the surface of the nail may appear white stripes, depending on the location can determine the type of organ that has suffered.
- Total, abundant nail coating in white, this is a serious reason to seek help from specialists.
How to treat white spots on nails?
What will help improve the structure of the nail plate and eliminate white spots? If it is a question of the presence of chronic diseases, then in the first place it is necessary to undergo a full diagnosis of the disease and find the cause of the disorder.
To make "cleaning" of the nail, you can try to make hot baths, to improve blood circulation, the procedure time is 20 minutes. After applying a nourishing cream on your hands, lightly massage the nail plates in the cuticle area.
For any damage, the nail patient should be calm, constantly moisturize the nail plate, make baths with sea salt. Such measures will help the injured finger to restore its appearance.
You can use therapeutic varnishes in order to treat and prevent such a violation, apply to a previously cleaned nail, you can make decorative cover from above.
It is also worth revising your diet, adding more foods containing vitamins and minerals in bulk. You should keep in the daily menu vegetative fiber, fish fatty varieties, fermented milk products.
You need to rest more, sleep at least 7-8 hours a day, protect yourself from stressful sources, less worry, absorb more positive information, do not stuff your stomach with food before going to bed, or rather eat one unsweet fruit or drink a glass of kefir.
In the evening it will be useful to rub olive oil into the nails, vitamins A and E, do not rinse, after full absorption, apply a nourishing cream on your hands. The course of treatment - 7 procedures, after a short break can continue.
To improve circulation, you can make different masks based on almond oil, aloe juice, egg yolk, rinse your hands with decoctions of chamomile, calendula, St. John's wort, sage. These plants will have antibacterial and analgesic effects, if there are wounds on the nails.
To improve the general condition, you can do relaxing procedures to improve healthy hands and good mood:
- Hand-based coffee scrub. Take a few boxes of coffee from the brewer, add 2 tbsp.l.sour cream and a little essential oil. Rubbed into the hands and lightly massage the nail plates.
- Mask based on honey and radishes. In equal proportions we take liquid honey and grated radish, we put on hands. Rinse thoroughly with warm water. It is important that there would be no abrasions and cuts on the skin.
- Scrub based on salt. One tablespoon of a large salt is mixed with a spoonful of sour cream and add a little vanilla. A pleasant aroma and a stunning cleansing effect is guaranteed.
- Sweet chocolate mask. A tablespoon of cocoa and also olive oil, we also add a teaspoon of sugar to the mixture. We withstand 30 minutes, after doing a wipe with a towel, and then wash off with warm water.
- Nourishing Scrub.1 liter.confectionary poppy, 1 liter.salt and 1 liter.olive oil. A few drops of orange juice will speed up the procedure for cleaning the nail plate from damage.
There are such ways of healing the nail at home.
Prevention of leukonichia - advice and recommendations of experts
To avoid the appearance of such formations on the nails, you must adhere to certain rules:
- Eliminate nail injuries in the home, be extremely careful when doing any work, do not injure the nails intentionally by tapping them on a hard surface.
- It is correct to do manicure and pedicure, use only high-quality materials, carefully clean them.
- Keep track of your health so that your body will always have the right vitamins and minerals.
- It is important to observe antifungal measures, because it is these diseases that are one of the reasons for the appearance of white spots on the nails. It is often necessary to wash hands after visiting public places, using soap and warm water.
- It is necessary to periodically check your health status, do internal diagnostics, take tests to identify various health problems in the early stages.
- When working with chemicals and other toxic substances, you need to use gloves, this also applies to household tasks, dishwashing, washing with hands, etc.
- It is important to eradicate the bad habit - gnawing nails, it not only disfigures the nail, but also is a risk factor for the development of intestinal diseases.
- As for the nail plate on the legs, it is necessary to choose the right shoes, do not chase the fashion, but wear shoes that are comfortable in planting, with a moderate heel made of natural materials. This applies to other types of shoes.
- When you are in a sauna or a sauna, it's best to take your own slippers and use public bath slippers. Your health is only in your hands! Carefully watch your health!
These are simple rules for preventing problems with nails, so follow them and be healthy! I wish you success and prosperity!