Heartburn. A familiar phenomenon? Bakes, hurts in the throat, esophagus, behind the breastbone. This condition exhausts, provokes inflammation in the nasopharynx and oral cavity, has a similar symptomatology with heart diseases. Scientifically, this phenomenon is called gastroesophageal reflux. This pathological condition in the gastrointestinal system.
Heartburn is not an independent disease, but a symptom. You need to find out the cause of the problem and get rid of it. But our people like to be treated using advertising and Internet forums. In the advertisement of antacids - preparations for heartburn - courageous firemen extinguish a fire in the mouth and esophagus. And all is well. .. For a while. .. One of the highly advertised preparations for heartburn is a suspension of "Gaviscon".
- 1 Form and composition of the preparation
- 2 Indications for the appointment of Gaviscon. Recommended dosage
- 3 Contraindications, overdose. Treatment of overdose
- 4 Special instructions
- 4.1 Rules for storage and dispensing from pharmacies
- 5 The price of the drug
- 6 How to replace the antacid
Form and composition of the drug
The drug belongs to the group of antacids. These medicinal substances reduce the acidity of gastric juice. This is a kind of emergency aid, but not a solution to the heartburn problem. On the exterior, "Gaviscon" is a white suspension with a mint flavor. As part of the preparation, alginate and sodium carbonate, calcium carbonate.
A suspension is produced in bottles of dark glass with a volume of 100, 150 and 300 ml and in sachets of 10 ml. The components of the drug neutralize the gastric juice and remove the irritation of the mucosa of the esophagus and stomach. The environment does not change, so the processes of digestion and digestion of food when taking antacids do not deteriorate.
Suspension "Gaviscon" is not absorbed into the systemic bloodstream and does not affect the general condition of the body. The drug lasts an average of 4 hours. The suspension forms a dense film on the mucous membrane, which prevents the penetration of acids, peptides and other irritants.
Indications for the appointment of "Gaviscon".Recommended dosage
The drug is indicated under the following conditions:
- Dyspepsia of various genesis that is accompanied by gastroesophageal reflux
- Acid acid content of the stomach
- Heartburn of pregnant women without pathology of the digestive tract
- After surgery on the digestive system
Effective dosages of the drug are depending on the age of the patient and are prescribed individually:
- Children from 12 years and adults - the dose is 10 to 20 ml after meals. In a day not more than 80 ml.
- Elderly adjustment is not required.
- Children 6 to 12 years - 1-2 teaspoons after eating. No more than 40 ml of drug per day.
- Children younger than 6 years of age are not prescribed a drug.
The duration of treatment is determined by the attending physician and is at least 1 week.
Contraindications, overdose. Treatment of overdose
Contraindications for taking antacids a little:
- Children under 6 years of age
- Individual intolerance of the acting components of the drug
- Pregnancy and lactation are not an obstacle for the appointment of Gaviscon. The drug does not penetrate the placental barrier and is not excreted in breast milk.
Symptoms of an overdose of the drug:
- Blowing up of the stomach due to the formation of carbon dioxide
- Diarrhea possible
Suspension "Gaviscon" does not interact with other medicinal products. Side effects are extremely rare. Usually these are various allergic reactions - hives, itching, bronchospasm. Treatment is symptomatic.
Symptoms of overdose do not require specialized treatment. It is enough to cancel the drugs and during the day the unpleasant manifestations disappear.
The preparation contains sodium salts. Patients who are prescribed a diet with a limited intake of salt, the suspension should be administered with caution. The drug contains calcium, so at this point it is important to pay attention to patients with hypercalcemia and nephrocalcinosis. Reception of the suspension is possible, but only under the dynamic supervision of the doctor and adjusting the effective dosage.
Gaviscon does not affect the attention and ability to drive vehicles or work with precise mechanisms. If there is no improvement within 1 week of admission, discontinue treatment and consult a doctor to adjust the prescriptions.
Important! The drug is not prescribed to patients with phenylketonuria!
Rules for storage and dispensing from pharmacies
Suspension refers to OTC drugs. Store the drug at a temperature of 15 to 30 degrees. Freeze or store in the refrigerator "Gaviscon" is prohibited! The open vial of the suspension is stored for 3 months at room temperature.
Price of the drug
The cost of the antacid depends on the bottle's capacity:
- In Ukraine - a suspension of 150 ml will cost the buyer 120 UAH.A drug in sachets with a note for pregnant women - 400 UAH.
- In Russia - a bottle will cost from 207 to 216 rubles. Sachets for pregnant women will cost an average of 400 rubles.
- The cost of the drug in Belarus is not known at the moment. Perhaps the drug is on re-registration or not imported.
How to replace the antacid
There is no complete analog with the same active substances. Generics - the same composition, but another manufacturer - in the market of antacids also does not exist. Drugs with a different composition but having an anthracite effect:
- Sodium bicarbonate - baking soda
This is a small list of preparations. Therefore, to choose an adequate replacement of the suspension "Gaviscon" is not difficult. But you should consult your doctor first.
How does Gaviscon work? Find out from the video:
Tell your friends! Tell about this article to your friends in your favorite social network using social buttons. Thank you!