Pain, heartburn, problems with defecation, deterioration. Going to a gastroenterologist or calling an ambulance. Hospitalization. The diagnosis is not happy - an ulcer of the stomach or duodenum. There is a long and painstaking treatment. Recovery depends on the competence of the doctor and the patient's care, as they will have to take medicines for a long time.
- 1 Medications for an ulcer. General principles of therapy
- 2 Auxiliary preparations
- 3 Effective dosages of basic therapy
- 4 Effective dosages of auxiliary medicines
- 5 Phytotherapy preparations
- 6 Preventive measures
Medications for ulcers. General principles of therapy
Each case of a stomach or duodenal ulcer is unique. The physician selects the medicines taking into account the following factors:
- General condition of the patient
- Duration and localization of the erosion process
- Liner dimensions of the ulcer
- Intolerance of the medicines
- The prescribed drug complex should address the following issues:
- Eliminate the cause of the pathology
- Remove the inflammatory process
- Epithelialization) erosion
- Restoration of gastric motility
- Restoration of gastric juice and enzymes production.
The main culprit of stomach ulcers is the bacterium Helikobakter Pilori. Other effects on the mucous membranes rarely lead to erosion of the mucosa. Treatment of an ulcer is complex, monotherapy is not effective.
There are 2 methods of patient management:
- Triple therapy is a classical technique for treating ulcers.
- Antibiotics - tetracycline, amoxicillin, clarithrimycin, ampicillin
- Antiprotozoal drugs - metronidazole and the like
- Quadrotherapy - 4 groups of medicines are used.
- Antibiotics - penicillins, clarithromycin, ciprofloxacin
- Antiprotozoal drugs - metronidazole and its analogues
- Drugs that reduce the production of hydrochloric acid - omez, omeprazole
- Bismuth-de-nol and analogues
Both schemes are equally effective. Complete recovery and scarring of erosion sites occurs in 85% of cases.
The doctor prescribes additional medicines for the preparations of the main therapy:
- Antitoxids - have an enveloping effect. This reduces the irritating effect of hydrochloric acid on the epithelium of the stomach and intestines. They remove eructations and heartburn. The choice of drugs of this group is huge - maaloks, rheni, geviscon.
- Selective quinolytics - the effect of these drugs is aimed at increasing the duration of antacids, reducing the production of hydrochloric acid, relaxing the muscles of the stomach and intestines. A typical representative is atropine or platyphylline. These drugs are injected exclusively by injection.
- Spasmolytics - reduce the tone of smooth muscles, anesthetize. Assign no-shpu, spasmalgon or riabal.
- Histamine receptor blockers and proton pump inhibitors reduce the release of hydrochloric acid.
- Gastroprotectors are these preparations containing bismuth salts. A typical representative of the "De-nol".Reduce inflammation, has antibacterial action against Helicobacter.
- Reparants - improve trophic and blood supply of tissues, have wound-healing effect. Usually prescribed or metiuratsil, or aloe extract in the injection form.
- Drugs that reduce dyspepsia - heartburn, defecation disorders, nausea, increased gas and bloating. Typical representatives - motilium and cerucal.
In addition, prescribe sedatives. But these funds are not included in the mandatory protocol of treatment.
Effective dosage of the main therapy
The choice of treatment is the prerogative of a gastroenterologist. Manufacturers recommend the following effective dosages:
- Tetracycline - 250-500 mg every 6 hours for adult patients. Children from 8 years are prescribed 25-50 mg after 6 hours.
- Amoxicillin - 250-500 mg every 8 hours. In severe cases it is recommended to increase the dose to 1 g per reception.
- Ampicillin - 250-500 mg 4 times a day. If necessary, the amount of the drug is increased to 4 g divided into 4 doses.
- Clarithromycin - dosage is selected individually. Children under 12 years of age are not prescribed a drug. Adults - from 250 mg to 1 g in 12 hours.
- Digitalfloxacin - 250-750 mg in the morning and in the evening. The duration of the course is selected individually and can be up to 1 month.
- Metronidazole( trichopol) - with an ulcer appoint 500 mg( 2 tablets) 2 times a day. Duration of treatment at least 7 days as part of complex therapy.
- Omega or omeprazole are preparations with the same active substance. There are several recommendations for taking this remedy. Assign or 1 tablet in the morning and evening, or 2 tablets once in combination with other drugs for 2 weeks. The drug should be taken 30 minutes before meals.
- DeNol - adult patients and children from 12 years of age are prescribed or 1 tablet every 6 hours, or 2 pcs.- 2 times a day. The drug is taken half an hour before meals. The course is from 1 to 2 months. In addition to the standard problems with the digestive tract, bismuth preparations stain the tongue and the sky in a dark color.
Side effects of the drugs of the basic therapy are standard. On the 1st place there are various digestive disorders and dyspeptic phenomena. Other pobochki may differ depending on the drug. With the development of unpleasant phenomena you need to inform the gastroenterologist.
Important! Antibiotics and metronidazole preparations are incompatible with alcoholic beverages. During treatment it is not necessary to take even alcohol-containing tinctures. Failure to comply with this rule threatens the strongest hangover, even with extremely low doses of ethyl alcohol.
Effective dosage of auxiliaries
These drugs strengthen the action of the main therapy, improve and accelerate the regeneration of the stomach and intestinal mucosa, anesthetize, and remove side effects. Treatment regimen of ulcers with adjunctive therapies:
- Reni - antacid - appoint 1 tablet. The drug should be slowly resorbed. The maximum allowable dose is 11 tablets per day.
- Maalox - antacid - is prescribed for patients older than 15 years. Take 1 sachet( 15 ml) of the suspension after meals. The maximum allowable dose is 6 packets per day.
- Gaviscon - 2 to 4 tablets after meals.
Side effects of antidepressants depend on the main active substance of the drug:
- Based on magnesium - defecation disorders, tachycardia, inflammatory processes in the kidneys
- Aluminum - dyspeptic phenomena
- Calcium preparations - increases the level of this substance in the blood, promote the formation of kidney stones
- Atropine - quinolytics - a preparation for injection. Assign 300 micrograms every 4-6 times a day.
- Platyffilin - quinolytics - is administered subcutaneously or intramuscularly by 1 or 2 ml 2 times a day.
- Side effects of quinolytics - dryness in the oral cavity, urination and vision disorders, dyspepsia, increased heart rate.
- No-shpa, riabal, spazmolgon - anesthetize, removing a spasm of smooth muscles. Assign 1 tablet 3 times a day. But-spa and spazmolgon are produced in tableted and injectable form, riabal - only tablets.
- Methyluracil - Adult patients are prescribed 1 tablet every 6 hours. The maximum is 3000 mg per day.
- Aloe extract - is administered intramuscularly by 1 ampoule per day. If necessary, dosage can be increased to 4 ampoules per day. Duration of treatment is from 1 to 1.5 months. The next course is carried out 2-3 months after the last injection.
- Motilium - a drug that improves the motility of the stomach and intestines. Adult patients are prescribed 10-20 mg 3 to 4 times a day. The maximum is 80 mg of motilium per day.
- Cerucal or metocroplamide - injected intramuscularly or intravenously 1 ampoule 3 times a day. Tablet form - 1 tablet 3 times a day.
Additionally, various vitamin complexes are prescribed in tableted or injectable form. During treatment it is recommended to drink at least 2 liters of water per day.
Important! Do not stop taking medications as soon as you feel relieved. It is important to undergo a full course of treatment in a hospital and follow the recommendations of a doctor at home.
After discharge, the patient continues outpatient treatment. After 14 days after discharge, it is recommended to go through fibrogastroscopy to observe the cicatrization of the ulcer and pass the test for the determination of Helicobacter.
During the treatment of erosion of the mucous membranes of the stomach, decoctions and infusions of herbs are widely used.
The following herbal medicines are shown:
- Hypericum perforated
- Camomile first-aid kit
- Sheepskin bag
- Burdock root
Use of these funds must be agreed with the attending physician. All these herbs are approved and widely used in official medicine. Decoctions make by classical technology. Dry raw materials - 1 teaspoon - is poured with boiling water and insisted until it cools completely.
Important! All herbs have contraindications - for example, pregnancy or oncological disease in the anamnesis. Therefore, do not self-medicate and coordinate the use of herbs with a gastroenterologist.
Peptic ulcer disease requires periodic preventive treatment and dynamic monitoring of the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum. Prevention is as follows:
- Adhere to the diet recommended by the gastroenterologist
- Forget about smoking and alcoholic drinks
- Food should be warm. Boiling water and ice - under the prohibition of
- Get enough sleep and avoid stress situations.
- . Two times a year, you have a routine examination with a gastroenterologist. To hand over the appointed analyzes, to pass or take place the appointed or nominated analyzes, to pass or take place fibrogastroskopiju, a roentgen
- Within 5 years after an exacerbation to drink the preparations appointed or nominated by the doctor
Diseases GASTROINTESTINAL TRACT tend to chronization. Therefore, it is important to undergo a full course of treatment and not to allow recurrence of the disease. But the best choice is to prevent the development of erosion of the stomach or duodenum.
With the modern treatment of gastric ulcer with antibiotics you will be introduced to the video:
Tell your friends! Tell about this article to your friends in your favorite social network using social buttons. Thank you!