Diet after a stroke
The recovery period after a stroke is severe and serious, and one of the fundamental roles in it is played by a balanced and balanced diet. What should be a diet after a stroke at home? Details of the composition and diet.
Rehabilitation and Healthy Regimen
Proper nutrition after a stroke of the brain is a key moment for the recovery of the entire body. Then all internal organs, intestines, gall bladder, liver, kidneys, spleen, genital sphere will function effectively. And when the body is ready to fight, he has a strong immune system, then the recovery period is less painful.
Basic principles of menu preparation after a stroke
For cooking, it is important to use sunflower, rapeseed, olive and soybean oil. A huge amount of seafood and fish, contra-indicated shrimp and caviar. A portion of lean meat per day should not exceed - 120 g.
It is necessary to refuse any bakery products, it is better to eat black bread from whole grains, oat bran, corn flour. Eat more vegetables and fruits of natural growth( if possible).
With a diet after an ischemic stroke, the best drink will be purified water, as well as green tea without sugar and compotes. Alcohol after a stroke is strictly prohibited in any doses!
Sample menu diet after a stroke
- Breakfast: a glass of milk with honey, two slices of rye bread.
- You can eat a green salad with a slice of black bread on the snack, and drink a glass of slightly boiled tea.
- Lunch: soup with vegetables on beef broth, mashed potatoes, fruit salad with lemon wedges.
- We have supper with two tomatoes, a slice of black bread, butter and sprinkled with dill. A glass of low-fat kefir.
Caution: after a stroke a person's taste changes, so you can not refuse to eat, even if it's prohibited foods. The main thing is to eat a little, 5-6 times a day, eat soup-puree, drink plenty of liquid. Do not eat too cold or hot food. You should also drink a full vitamin course.
Salt - the cause of hypertension
Adhering to a diet after an ischemic stroke at home, it is important to reduce the amount of salt in the diet, it helps to retain fluid and increases blood pressure, gives pressure to the vessels of the brain. Instead of it it is possible to put in dishes grasses and spices which do not contain salt.
Diet for ischemic stroke
The diet after a stroke for each day should contain restriction of animal fats, after all these components are capable to provoke a micro stroke and a stroke. The acceptable menu is as follows:
- Breakfast - oatmeal, dried fruits, not strong tea.
- The second breakfast - a light salad with greens, a piece of black bread.
- Lunch - soup with lean meat or fish, mashed potatoes and fruit salad.
- Afternoon snack - low-calorie cottage cheese.
- Dinner - boiled chicken and a serving of buckwheat porridge, a glass of compote.
Such a diet patient after a stroke will allow him to quickly restore life forces and be rehabilitated after illness. It is important not to include canned food from the store, semi-finished products, ready-made sauces, soups, and when looking for products, look at the packaging to control the sodium level, the main source of table salt.
Healthy balanced diet and a measured lifestyle - an excellent prevention of all diseases!