Every person faced diarrhea at least once. The liquid stool, pain and bubbling in the stomach deliver a lot of unpleasant sensations. However, a healthy person in a couple of days in the absence of complications and the disappearance of symptoms will decide that something has been eaten and will forget about everything. If we are talking about a woman who is carrying a child, then the level of anxiety is greatly increased.
- 1 Causes of diarrhea during pregnancy
- 2 How to treat diarrhea during pregnancy?
- 3 What is dangerous for diarrhea during pregnancy?
- 4 Diet and prevention
Causes of diarrhea during pregnancy
Dehydration, spasms and abdominal pain can lead to premature birth or harm the baby. Therefore it is very important to know how to stop diarrhea during pregnancy, what to do and how to avoid it. First, let's find out why diarrhea occurs in pregnant women:
- Toxicosis. We used to think that early toxicosis( up to 12 weeks) is expressed only in nausea, but it can also be accompanied by diarrhea. In this case, the woman will not feel much pain. The chair will simply be quickened and liquefied, without foreign inclusions, without changing colors and increasing the volume. In this case, it is not worth worrying, it's enough to eat right and drink properly.
- Vitamins. All pregnant women without exception, doctors prescribe vitamins. Courses can be interrupted, adjusted, but vitamins drink everything. This is due to the fact that during this period the body especially needs additional vitamins and microelements. However, he can react to them unexpectedly. If you notice that diarrhea begins after taking the pill, stop taking them and contact your doctor.
- Hormones. Hormonal reorganization also affects the functioning of the intestine. In the early stages it is unsettling, but immediately before childbirth it is normal. Intestine self-cleaning.
- The growing uterus. The uterus constantly increases and presses on other organs. Sometimes it provokes various problems such as diarrhea, cholecystitis and other. It is necessary to monitor the color of the stool, regularly take tests to monitor the work of internal organs.
- Microorganisms. It is impossible to exclude the fact that the body of a woman got disease-causing bacteria, viruses, which caused diarrhea. This condition is dangerous for the fetus. Therefore, with severe diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, temperature, you should immediately consult a doctor.
- Power. The presence of products that have a lax effect can also trigger diarrhea. For example, prunes, which are eaten with anemia, fruits, berries. This diarrhea will not be too frequent and strong.
How to treat diarrhea during pregnancy?
You should never take self-medication, take any medications or folk remedies without the knowledge of the doctor. Most drugs are forbidden for pregnant women. This is especially true of early deadlines. Do not think that a plentiful drink weakens and dilutes the stool. With diarrhea, you need to drink more than usual to avoid dangerous dehydration. You can take Smecta and Regidron. The first removes toxins, and the second restores the water balance in the body. Take even such harmless drugs you need, after having studied the instructions and observing the dosage. With mild diarrhea, you can do without them at all.
The doctor can advise safe folk remedies that will help cope with diarrhea without causing allergies. For example, you can dilute 1 teaspoon of starch in a glass of lukewarm water and drink at a time. Such a recipe will help stop the dilution of the stool. However, with pain in the abdomen and continuing attacks of diarrhea, you need to see a doctor.
- You can drink a decoction of pomegranate peel. It strengthens and does not harm the body. You can drink it not in its pure form, but add to tea. The same property is possessed by blackberry leaves.
- Walnut leaves are used as an astringent for diarrhea. They have a lot of vitamins. They help even stop bleeding in the stomach ulcer.
- Sometimes diarrhea is a consequence of stress and nervous overexertion. If this is the case, the pregnant woman should take a sedative, which the doctor will prescribe( mint broth, motherwort in tablets, etc.).Do not take such drugs without the advice of a doctor, some herbs that are part of sedatives, increase the tone of the uterus and can trigger a miscarriage.
- Loperamide is not prohibited during pregnancy, but before taking it, consult a doctor. This drug quickly stops diarrhea, but it can cause constipation if you overdo it with dosage.
It is important to distinguish diarrhea caused by pregnancy itself, and a dangerous condition for the body. In the second case, diarrhea is repeated often, the stool is very thin, resembling water in consistency, while the woman experiences abdominal pain, spasms, nausea.
What is the risk of diarrhea in pregnancy?
How dangerous diarrhea is for the fetus and the health of the woman herself, can be judged only when considering each specific case. Diarrhea can be absolutely not dangerous if it is a manifestation of toxicosis and does not cause pain or occurs immediately before childbirth. Slight and infrequent diarrhea should not cause concern. But if the cause of diarrhea are viruses and bacteria, it can cause significant harm to the child, which also receives a part of the toxins through the blood. For this reason, a pregnant woman is recommended to abandon dangerous products such as mushrooms, rolls with raw fish, etc.
The most dangerous thing that can be with diarrhea is dehydration. With prolonged diarrhea, the body loses a large amount of moisture. Danger is considered diarrhea, repeated more than 5 times a day. With such a loss of water, the amount of vitamins and trace elements in the body is significantly reduced, which affects the development and condition of the child. Severe form of dehydration leads to miscarriage or serious malformation. How to understand that there is dehydration? First, you need to consider how many times a woman went to the toilet for a day. Secondly, monitor urination. With dehydration, the urge to urinate disappears altogether or is very rare, while urine becomes darker. The pregnant woman constantly wants to drink, feels dryness in the mouth, dizziness, fatigue, drowsiness, weakness. It is necessary to urgently stop the loss of fluid and begin to replenish it with the help of Regidron.
The risk of diarrhea also depends on its severity and duration. One day diarrhea will not cause significant harm to the body. If diarrhea lasts about two weeks, you should seriously take care of the treatment. Most often such prolonged diarrhea is caused by bacteria that are dangerous to the child. Diarrhea for more than two weeks is considered impassable and especially dangerous. Pregnant should be examined and identify the cause. Chronic diarrhea lasts more than a month. In this case, it is usually not the bacteria that are to blame, but bowel diseases, such as laziness syndrome, inflammation, colitis.
Diet and prevention
Usually, with diarrhea it is recommended not to eat at all, but only to drink. However, for a pregnant woman, fasting may not be good. You can eat lean broth. They are nutritious and at the same time they fill the lack of fluid in the body. When the first symptoms are weakened, it is possible to put breadcrumbs into the broth. Fresh porridge is also useful. Especially oatmeal and rice. They normalize the work of the intestine, rice strengthens and helps stop the loose stool. Sometimes it is recommended even to drink rice broth for diarrhea. It envelops the walls of the stomach, helps to relieve inflammation.
When diarrhea should be limited to eating meat, sour-milk products, fresh fruits and vegetables, as well as anything that enhances the processes of fermentation and gas formation. Oily, fried, salty and spicy food is harmful to pregnant women. Even if there is no diarrhea, all of the above can provoke it. A sharp spice and does cause a contraction of the muscles of the uterus. Pregnant women who are already faced with diarrhea troubles, continue to try to avoid this phenomenon. To do this, follow a few simple rules:
- Wash your hands as often as possible: after visiting the street, public transport, toilet, before eating and cooking.
- Take vitamins for pregnant women recommended by your doctor. They will strengthen the body and normalize the work of internal organs.
- Properly eat. There is need only fresh, natural products, forget about chips, fast food, hot sauces, fatty meat, soda, alcohol.
- Refuse to visit restaurants and cafes. Even your favorite cafe can fail, because you can not know how clean the kitchen is and if the sanitary norms are observed. Try to cook at home from fresh products and not buy pies and shawarma on the street in questionable stalls.
It is not possible for a pregnant woman to drink carbonated drinks, powdered juices, coffee. These drinks should be excluded even if there is no diarrhea.
Safety rules help to avoid digestive disorders, which can lead to very unpleasant consequences for the mother and child.
What should I do for diarrhea? Do not panic will teach the video:
Tell your friends!