Vitamins for babies - the health of our children
A newborn baby who was born on time and without any abnormalities, does not need additional vitamins. He gets them in full from his diet. If the baby is on breastfeeding, he receives all the necessary substances for the body through Mom's milk, if on artificial feeding - through dry mixtures.
However, recently, cases of the development of a disease such as rickets, which occurs against a background of vitamin D deficiency, have become more frequent. It is for this reason that doctors have increasingly prescribed vitamins for infants as prevention of various diseases.
Unfortunately, even with the observance of the regime of the day, proper nutrition and regular walks in the open air, it is not always possible to provide the body with all the necessary minerals and vitamins. And in such situations, pharmacy vitamin-mineral complexes come to the rescue.
But it should be noted right away that it is impossible to make a decision on the need for their admission, especially when it comes to newborns. After all, the overabundance of minerals and vitamins in the body leads to equally sad consequences, rather than their deficit. Therefore, if you think that your baby needs such drugs, you should consult your doctor in advance.
What is important to know?
Talk about the benefits and the need for vitamins for the body can be very long. After all, absolutely every process( exchange, fats, proteins and carbohydrates, the formation of organs and systems, mental development, etc.) does not occur without their participation.
It should be noted that all pharmacy vitamin complexes can be divided into single-component and multi-component. The first are taken in those cases if the body has a deficit of a substance that occurs against the background of the characteristics of the organism of the baby itself or the unfavorable ecological environment of his residence.
In pharmacies one can observe preparations containing only one vitamin A, D, E, C or any of group B, or else compositions containing various minerals( magnesium, iodine, zinc, etc.).).The latter, although not vitamins, are also necessary for a growing body.
Multiparticulates are correctly called multivitamins. As a rule, they contain several vitamins and minerals. But besides them, various enzymes and extracts of medicinal plants can also be present.
In addition, it is worth noting that all vitamins can be divided into artificial and natural. To the first belong the above-described drugs, and to the latter products made from various microalgae. They are easily absorbed by the body and almost immediately begin to have a positive effect on it.
Also worth mentioning about eubiotics, which are also required for a newborn body. These substances contribute to the normalization and maintenance of intestinal microflora. If it is normal, the absorption of vitamins and minerals coming from food or drugs will be much better. In addition, eubiotics prevent the development of dysbiosis.
The need for a child in vitamins
Speaking of vitamins for babies, it should also be said that a newborn child develops very quickly and spends much more energy on it than an adult person, so it constantly needs replenishment.
Starting from 4-5 months in the diet of infants, in addition to breast milk and dry mixes, other foods begin to appear( lure is introduced).And the main difficulty in this is that as the body grows, the body needs different amounts of vitamins.
For this reason, all pharmacy vitamins for children have their age category. However, this should not be the main criterion for choosing vitamin complexes. In this case, an individual approach is required. After all, a child may have any disease or peculiarity in the assimilation of certain products.
That's why vitamins for babies should be prescribed only by a doctor. But in any case, every parent should know what role this or that vitamin plays in the process of the formation and development of the organism of a newborn child.
The role of vitamins in the child's body
A newborn body needs all vitamins and minerals without exception. Each of these substances fulfills its function and, when they are deficient, the functioning of certain organs and systems is disrupted. So, for example:
- Vitamin A. It can be said that it is the most important in the development and formation of the body. After all, vitamin A is responsible for normal vision, regeneration of the mucous membranes, development of the respiratory and digestive system, as well as for the formation of the skeleton.
- Vitamin B1. He, just like vitamin A, is responsible for the development of the visual organs. But in addition, vitamin B1 provides normal mental development and the flow of metabolic processes. It is this substance that gives children strength and energy that allows them to get acquainted with the world around them and quickly absorb the information they received.
- Vitamin B2. This element is actively involved in metabolism. It helps maintain the process of digestion and assimilation of proteins, fats and carbohydrates. But also vitamin B2 is responsible for the normal growth of the child, the condition of his nails, skin and hair.
- Vitamin B6. Main in the formation of the immune system. It provides a normal synthesis of red blood cells and supports the work of the nervous system.
- Vitamin B9. It can be said that this vitamin is an excellent preventive tool in the development of blood diseases. He is also responsible for the regeneration of the skin and helps increase appetite.
- Vitamin B12. Another major element in the work of the central nervous and circulatory systems. It is he who provides all internal organs with oxygen and other substances necessary for their development.
- Vitamin C. This substance helps to increase the body's defenses. It protects the children's body from the effects of adverse environmental factors and inhibits the development of an allergic reaction.
- Vitamin D. The main assistant in the formation of the skeleton. In addition, this vitamin provides the absorption of magnesium and calcium. The first is necessary for the normal operation of the nervous system, and the second for the strength of the teeth, bones and nails.
- Vitamin E. Another element that takes part in the development of the immune system. It also supports the work of the circulatory and nervous systems.
- Vitamin K. This chemical element participates in the formation of the circulatory system and promotes the normal blood supply of all internal organs.
- Vitamin N. The health and condition of all skin depends on this vitamin. Their peeling may be the first sign of a deficiency of this substance.
- Vitamin PP. takes part in all metabolic processes occurring in the body, and also provides good absorption of other vitamins, minerals, proteins, fats and carbohydrates.
Every child needs these vitamins. However, their number at each age has its own norms. Counting this at times is very difficult, so you do not need to buy single-drug preparations in pharmacies. It is best to provide the children's body with a full intake of all vitamins and minerals, and this requires an additional intake of multivitamin complexes.
Naturally, when a child begins to use "adult" food, you should make up his diet in such a way that the child's body receives all the necessary substances in full. Since a full-fledged diet can not be replaced by any drug.
But since the baby can not yet eat the usual food, the mother should provide vitamins and minerals. When breastfeeding is very important to follow a special diet with breastfeeding, which will help the newly mum not only to quickly get in shape after giving birth, but also to provide yourself and your child with the necessary vitamins and minerals.
Vitamins for children from 0 to 1 year
As mentioned earlier, children from 0 to 1 year who are breastfed and who do not have pathologies do not need additional vitamin complexes. They are needed by his mother, who gives away most of her "supplies" of vitamins and minerals to her child.
In addition, starting from 4-6 months begins lure, which is an additional source of nutrients for the child. Naturally, breast milk is the most useful for a baby. However, if you feed your crumbs with dry milk formulas, do not worry. These products of baby food contain all the necessary substances - minerals, vitamins, amino acids, proteins, fats, carbohydrates, etc.
The only vitamin supplemented by newborn babies is vitamin D. We mentioned it at the beginning of the article. It helps to prevent the development of rickets. Obtain it from breast milk or dry mixtures, of course, you can, but the problem is that vitamin D is not retained in the body and almost every second child experiences its deficiency.
At the same time, doctors say that it is enough for a small child to give drugs containing this substance only 1-2 months, but not all the year round. Otherwise, there will be an overabundance of this substance, which will also negatively affect his state of health. Therefore, it is better not to take risks and always listen to your doctor's recommendations. If he prescribed vitamins, then give them to the child should be strictly according to the prescribed scheme.