Our blood is a unique substance in which everything is balanced and works for the benefit of the whole organism, but a system that is strong at first glance is really easy to unbalance.
- Hypomagnesemia and the function of magnesium in the blood
- Causes and main symptoms of hypomagnesemia
- Treatment and prevention activities
There are a lot of blood-related diseases, they differ in symptoms, content and consequences, of course, there is a certain similarity, but the blood test is practicallyalways indicates a specific problem that has arisen in the circulatory system.
Hypomagnesemia and the function of magnesium in the blood
Hypomagnesemia, as the name implies, is outside the norm, an indicator of the magnesium level, downward. Decreases in the magnesium level lead to numerous abnormalities in the body, including cardiovascular and neurological. The pronounced form of pathology does not appear immediately, first the lack of a microelement can be detected only through tests, and only a little later there are symptoms.
Norms of magnesium, depending on age:
- Adult 0.75-1.26 mm / l
- For pregnant women 0,8-1,05 mm / l
- For children 0,74-1,15 mm / l
Functionsmagnesium in the blood
Magnesium is one of the most important and important elements in our body, it is a dynamic participant in almost all metabolic phenomena. It has not the last effect on the immune system, the formation of cells, on digestion, the formation of bones, on the normal functioning of the kidneys, tissues, brain and heart. When magnesium is reduced, it is natural that all these processes slow down already at the cellular level, phagocytes and antibodies are produced that are necessary for the destruction of various pathogenic viruses and bacteria, which makes the human body easily succumb to numerous diseases.
Separately need to clarify and do not forget the importance of magnesium for blood pressure, for blood vessels and heart.
Magnesium deficiency becomes the direct cause:
- of the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases, since it is magnesium that significantly influences the regulation of the cell membrane that will save a person from arrhythmias;
- the onset of ischemic disease, myocardial infarction and other pathologies, due to the accumulation of bad cholesterol, which in turn starts its accumulation due to poor lecithin production;
- poor supply of calcium and potassium cells;
- failure in the release of hormones and enzymes;
- appearance of arrhythmias, increased blood pressure.
Where does magnesium come from
Magnesium enters our body, like many other useful elements and substances, mainly with water and food. Therefore, it is so important to use seasoned or fresh vegetables, foamed, buckwheat and oat porridge, beans, lentils, nuts and cocoa, sea fish, halva, eggs, dried fruits, greens, etc.
It should be noted that only a third of the magnesium received is absorbed by our body, due to many reasons, which is why food is not able to supply us with the required amount of the element, especially if it is not balanced. Also, the absorption of phosphorus and calcium, which are contained in the same products as magnesium, fats, which are present in the oil and other products, interfere with the so that with a deficiency of magnesium, one diet can not do.
Causes and main symptoms of hypomagnesemia
There is chronic hypomagnesemia, which is a congenital pathology and which, too often in our country, is not diagnosed at birth, although this type of disease is widespread, which causes the disease to be "rampant" in the body.
Secondary hypomagnesemia develops when ingested or poorly absorbed magnesium enters the body.
This happens for a number of reasons:
- Systematic malnutrition;
- Nutrition that occurs abnormally for the body in a parenteral fashion;
- Failure in gastrointestinal absorption( usually this occurs with fistula, chronic diarrhea, etc.);
- Kidney problems;
- Endocrine disruptions.
Treatment and prevention activities
The main thing in the prevention of hypomagnesemia is a magnesium-containing diet, which will include fish, bran, meat, liver, cheese, nuts, yolks, sour-milk products, vegetables, fruitsetc. Next, you need to take prescribed medications based on magnesium, they are not only that make up magnesium in the body, but also help in the fight against other concomitant diseases, such as oncology, allergies, cardiovascular, nervous and toxic disorders, etc.
The following steps are used in the treatment:
- diagnosis of the disease and other pathologies and their elimination;
- administration of magnesium preparations into the body by oral and by injection;
- the appointment of a diet with increasing foods rich in magnesium( millet, peas, beans and others).
To avoid health problems, especially if there are problems with the gastrointestinal tract, people who already feel tired for a long time, have convulsions, suffer from headaches should undergo examination, pass not only an analysis of urine, feces, but also an extensive blood test, get advice from theirtreating doctor. We must not forget that the faster the disease is taken under control, the easier it will be to control it and fight it.
Tell a friend!