Acute pharyngitis is an inflammatory disease not only of the mucous membrane, the so-called oropharynx( middle pharynx), but sometimes also of its lymphoid tissue. Acute pharyngitis may occur due to inhalation of hot, cold or polluted air, under the influence of chemical stimuli or it can be caused by streptococci or staphylococci. At the first symptoms of pharyngitis, treatment should be started immediately, until the disease has developed into a chronic form. Even before treating pharyngitis, quit smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages - at least until the pain symptoms are removed.
This disease begins quickly enough: appear dryness in the throat, a feeling of sadness, perspiration and even a burning sensation in the throat.
Because of the increasing swelling of the mucous there is a pain in the throat, and any tension in the voice leads to increased pain, and swallowing any food and even liquid becomes a real torture. Another symptom of pharyngitis is a painful dry cough, subfebrile temperature appears( 37-37.5 ° C).
And, despite the fact that many people immediately try to eliminate these unpleasant, painful feelings by drinking warm water, gargling with a throat, more often than not this does not help much. And this means that such a disease has already arisen and began to develop in such patients.
As you can see in the photo, pharyngitis is accompanied by swelling and redness of the larynx.
Causes of acute pharyngitis
This disease can be caused not only by infection from patients with ARI, ARVI, etc., most often rhinoviruses, but also result from hypothermia, irritation of the pharynx with tobacco, alcohol, dust or some chemical components. The cause of acute pharyngitis can be even ordinary sprays of toilet water. Nasal breathing is disturbed and when chilled air enters through the mouth, leading to penetration of adenoviruses or pyogenic bacteria into it.
Methods for controlling pharyngitis
Of course, it is better not to treat pharyngitis with antibiotics. Especially not always it is possible to establish or install - the reason of its or his occurrence bacterial( and in this case doctors can appoint or nominate antibiotics), virus or simply allergic. In addition, pharyngitis can occur against the background of metabolic disorders, diabetes, diseases of the stomach and intestines, as well as some internal organs( kidneys, liver, lungs and even the heart).
Viral origin of pharyngitis can occur without any active "outside help," and in all other cases, in addition to bacterial involvement of the pharynx, the primary disease or the main cause of throat irritation should be treated first.
So do not grab at once for antibiotics, but start taking the following measures. Methods of fighting with pharyngitis at least five, and they can all be very effective.
1. Try to exclude everything that irritates the throat( including cold and any chemicals - the same deodorants, colognes, perfumes. ..).
2. Stop drinking alcoholic( strong) drinks from the very beginning of the disease.
3. Stop smoking.
4. Before treating pharyngitis with folk remedies, it is advisable to refuse acute, rough, very hot or cold food. You need to go to a liquid diet, often and gradually drink something warm( for example, milk, vitamin or herbal teas).
5. When treating pharyngitis at home, frequent throat rinses are necessary. You can easily prepare herbal formulas easily.
How else to treat pharyngitis: folk methods and methods of pharyngitis treatment
1. Mix 40 g of linden flowers and 60 grams of chamomile, pour this mixture 2 cups of boiling water, insist for 1 hour, and then rinse the throat at least 3-4 times inday.
2. You can mix 10 grams of wild rosemary, elecampane, linden flowers, chamomile and licorice;15 g of calendula and sage;as well as 20 g of eucalyptus leaf. The resulting mixture brewed 2 cups of boiling water, insist 1 hour and rinse also at least 3-4 times a day.
3. In the treatment of pharyngitis folk remedies have an analgesic effect with rinses infusion Melissa officinalis and peppermint - prepare at the rate of 15 grams of raw materials for 200 ml of boiling water.
4. In the treatment of pharyngitis folk methods are very effective inhalation with pharmacy bioparox( 4 breaths through the mouth) or inhalipt( spray the slurry in the mouth for 1-2 seconds) several times a day.
5. Inhalations can be done without using pharmaceutical products. It is necessary to take 5 parts of leaves of mother-and-stepmother, 3 parts of a grass of a turn and 1 part of peppermint. This collection should be poured in 200 ml of boiling water, insist for 1 hour, strain, and then use the so prepared infusion of 50-100 ml for each steam inhalation.
6. Take 1 tablespoon of calendula flowers and chamomile, herb St. John's wort and leaves of mint-balm, all this is ground, carefully mixed, and then 1 tablespoon of the mixture is poured with 1 glass of boiling water. The resulting composition is infused for 1 hour in a warm place in a dish, covered with a lid and wrapped in something like a warm blanket. Then the received infusion is filtered and applied in the form of inhalations for a quarter of a glass 3-4 times a day.
7. Or another recipe: raspberry leaves, horsetail grass, branches of the immortelle are mixed;1 tablespoon of raw material is poured 200 ml of boiling water, it is insisted 2 hours. It is used not only for inhalations, but also for gargling.
8. A good folk remedy for pharyngitis is an inhalation of 10 grams of a mixture of sage leaves, eucalyptus, chamomile and calendula. This mixture is infused in 200 liters of boiling water also for 1 hour.5-7 inhalations are given for 5 minutes for the whole day.
9. It is recommended to keep septolepte in the mouth( up to 1 lozenges every 2-3 hours, 6-8 lozenges per day) or imudon( 8 tablets per day) until it completely resolves.
10. You can take in the morning for 10-15 days for 1 capsule bronchomunal.
11. An effective folk method for the treatment of pharyngitis is lubrication 3-4 times a day of the mucous membrane of the pharynx with a solution of Lugol with glycerol.
12. It is good to gargle several times a day with alkaline agents( mineral water, baking soda solution - 1 tablespoon per 1 glass of water).
13. And finally one more folk remedy for pharyngitis: drink cranberry or cranberry fruit juice, so rich in vitamin C.
Prevention of pharyngitis
Try to exclude everything that irritates the throat( including cold and any chemicals - the same deodorants, colognes, perfume. ..).
To prevent pharyngitis, avoid contact with people with flu, ARI, ARVI, as well as being in a dry dusty or smoky air, do not smoke.
Pharyngitis can cause dangerous complications, even on joints and heart, with incorrect or untimely treatment, but more often it is an inflammation of the paranasal sinuses( sinusitis) and otitis. Occasional abscesses or inflammation of the kidneys may occur.