Varicose veins are affected, in spite of popular opinion, not only by obese people, whose feet have a considerable load. This disease affects all categories of the population - both with an overly active lifestyle, and with insufficient mobility.
Not all drugs in the treatment of varicose veins completely relieve the disease, so to prevent the occurrence of varicose veins, it is necessary to perform certain exercises.
Information on the causes and treatment of varicose veins, as well as on the prevention of the disease is described on this page.
Varicose is a disease of peripheral veins, manifested by the loss of their elasticity, their considerable stretching and deformation. Most often, such a lesion occurs on the legs.
The disease is extremely widespread, because more than half of the adult population, for the most part women, is exposed to it.
The causes of varicose veins
The predisposing cause of varicose veins is the congenital weakness of venous walls and the inadequacy of venous valves. This predisposition is realized by the following factors:
1. Occupational hazards( work associated with prolonged standing on the legs or prolonged sitting, sports with heavy, exorbitant loads on the legs, etc.).
2. Excess weight.
3. Wearing tight clothes.
5. Lack of vitamin P( rutin) in the diet.
Symptoms of varicose veins
The main symptoms of varicose veins are the following:
1. Increased fatigue, increasing weakness of the
of the legs.
2. Unpleasant sensations in the field of ankle joints.
3. Increased veins.
4. Swelling of the feet.
5. Darkening of the calf skin beginning in the later stages of the disease development. The skin here becomes dense, "parchment".
6. The slightest trauma can lead to the formation of long-lasting non-healing trophic ulcers with an already expressed disease.
Preventing the occurrence of varicose veins
To prevent the occurrence of varicose veins, the following recommendations should be followed:
1. Pouring cold water.
2. Contrast shower.
5. Water aerobics.
6. Wellness running.
7. In winter - unhurried skiing.
8. Avoiding excessive loads.
9. Wearing a free, not pressing on the rise of shoes.
10. For flat feet - use of insteps that correct it.
11. For pregnant women - wearing special pantyhose.
12. Rational nutrition.
13. At already planned expansion of veins - bandage of legs or foots by elastic bandages.
14. Refuse to continue taking hot baths.
Nutrition as prevention and treatment of varicose veins
Considering nutrition as prevention and treatment of varicose veins, the following rules should be adhered to:
1. Limit the use of table salt, because its excessive amount in food prevents the removal of fluid and intensifies swelling.
2. Provide in the daily diet a sufficient amount of food with a high fiber content - fruits, vegetables, whole grains. Such food prevents the appearance of constipation, which often contributes to the emergence and development of varicose veins.
3. Epizodically, but regularly take multivitamins( especially including vitamin P( rutin), necessary to strengthen the walls of blood vessels, as well as vitamins C and E).
4. Eliminate fried foods from the food ration, as well as products that promote the development of atherosclerosis and the deposition of salts( fat meat broths, legumes, jellies, pickles, marinades, etc.).
Clothing for prevention of varicose veins
If among the ancestors or close relatives there were or are suffering from varicose veins, it is necessary in advance to take care not to continue this family "varicose line".
Clothing in the prevention of varicose veins should be free - do not wear tight, tight tights or tights. It is not bad to get special stockings and tights from compression knitwear.
To wear such knitwear is necessary for prolonged walking, standing, physical exercises, etc.
Drugs and preparations for the treatment of varicose veins
In this disease, therapists and phlebologists are most often recommended to be taken orally after eating, with a small amount of water, agapurin 600 retard 1 tablet 2 times a day. Another drug for varicose veins is the escusan( 12-15 drops 3 times daily before meals).
Also in the treatment of varicose veins, traumeel C is shown in tablets 1 tablet under the tongue 3 times a day or in the form of ointment apply 2 to 5 times a day on the affected areas.
Veerutonum may also be prescribed for 1 tablet during meals 2 times a day, or in the form of a gel applied to the skin and rubbed 2-3 times a day, or troxevasin also in the form of a gel.
In addition, in the treatment of varicose veins, prescribe the drug anavenol 20 drops 4 times a day after meals.
New medicines for varicose veins
Of the newest drugs for varicose veins, you can call: detraleks, pentoksifillin and tribenozid.
If drugs with varicose veins do not help, in advanced cases often resort to phlebotomy - surgically cut out the affected vein. True, nowadays we have resorted to a more modern method - endoscopic( without skin incisions).
Preventative exercises against varicose veins
In order to prevent the occurrence or progression of the disease, perform the following preventive exercises against varicose veins:
1. Stand on a step or sashes, transfer the weight of the body to the front of the stage. The back should be straight, legs should not be too strained. To maintain balance, you can hold your hand against the wall. Breathe exactly. Now swing back, trying to keep your balance at the expense of your feet. Further, slowly counting to 10, go back to the starting position. Rest a little, and then repeat this exercise 2 more times.
2. Sit on a chair, spread your legs as wide as possible. Remember how the centipede moves, making fun of its numerous paws, and try to picture something like that. Start moving from the toes, pressing them to the sole, and then unclenching. At the same time, the entire foot must work, imitating the movement of the wave. Do not lift your feet from the floor. This exercise for varicose veins should be completed when you feel that your legs are tired.
3. Try using your toes to raise a coin from the floor - start with the largest coins, then, as you improve, go to the new ten-ruble, later - to five-kopeck coins and then - to a penny.
Exercises from varicose veins in the initial stage of
If you have varicose veins in the initial stage, the exercises can be as follows:
1. Stretch and relax the muscles of the thigh by moving the kneecap( 10 times).
2. Stick out your stomach, then inhale, draw it in, then exhale( 3-4 times at a slow pace).
3. Raise your hands through the sides upwards, then, taking a breath, lower them down, doing thus exhaling( 3-4 times also at a slow pace).
4. Bend and unbend your toes( do this 10 times at a slow pace).
5. In addition, you can do the following exercise: rise to the toes of the legs so that the heels come off the floor by 1 -2 cm, then sharply lower the heels. After completing this exercise 30 times, rest for 10-15 seconds, and then, if there is no fatigue or weakness in the legs, repeat it again. It is advisable to perform this simple exercise calmly, slowly, 3-5 times a day, making each time no more than 60 strokes with heels on the floor.
Gymnastics for varicose veins in neglected form
Gymnastics with varicose veins in an advanced form includes the following set of exercises:
1. While lying on your back, lift your legs and twist them as if riding a bicycle for 3 minutes several times a day. This exercise is especially recommended to perform after physical exertion on the legs( health running, long walking, etc.).
2. In the prone position, lift up your right foot, relax as much as possible and sharply shake your foot. Lower your foot. Then do the same with the other leg. Repeat this exercise several times a day( the more, the better).
3. Several times a day with leg fatigue, make a stand on the shoulder blades( this exercise can be done only in the absence of contraindications from the side of the spine).