Treatment of all types of bronchitis involves taking antibacterial drugs, antitussives, mucoactive and expectorants, necessarily a warm, plentiful drink. An important effect is also on folk methods of treating bronchitis, including herbal preparations, as well as proper nutrition and a complex of respiratory gymnastics. And all these recommendations are relevant for acute, and for obstructive, and for chronic bronchitis.
Bronchitis is an infectious disease accompanied by diffuse inflammation of the bronchi. If the disease lasts less than 3 weeks, they talk about acute bronchitis. If the symptoms of bronchitis occur at least 3 months during the year for 2 years, then it will already be about chronic bronchitis.
Obstructive bronchitis and its treatment
Obstructive bronchitis. Diagnosed if, along with inflammation, obstruction occurs, in which the airway swells and swells, a large amount of mucus accumulates in them, impeding respiratory processes. There is a narrowing of the bronchi and a decrease in their ability to ventilate the lungs. A characteristic feature is the "wheezing exhalation" that occurs when air passes through the narrowed areas of the bronchi. In obstructive bronchitis, a sudden sharp spasm often occurs, leading to persistent cough, and in many cases to acute respiratory failure.
Treatment. Antiviral drugs are used. How to treat obstructive bronchitis in the event of an alleged bacterial infection? In this case, only antibiotics will help. Usually you need a lot of drinking, mukoactive drugs. Physiotherapy may be useful.
In most cases, bronchitis is caused by viruses and occurs within 10-14 days. In cases of protracted course, a number of examinations are required( sputum culture, chest X-ray, a number of laboratory tests, etc.), which can reveal the cause of prolonged bronchitis.
Bacterial( staphylococcal, pseudomonasal) bronchitis develops in patients with impaired bronchial cleansing mechanisms: in the presence of a foreign body, with habitual aspiration of food( throwing into the respiratory tract), with a long tracheostomy, with cystic fibrosis.
Industrial air pollution( carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxides, smoke), smoking, stove heating and gas stoves, contributing to the development of hypersensitivity of the bronchi, are important factors leading to the development of bronchitis. Their effect is especially pronounced in children of the first 6 years of life.
Acute bronchitis and how to treat it with antibiotics and other medicines
Acute bronchitis. The main symptom of acute bronchitis is cough, at the beginning of the disease dry, and after 1-2 days wet with an increasing amount of sputum.
Sputum more often has a mucous nature, in the second week it can acquire a greenish color. Usually the cough lasts up to 2 weeks. A longer cough is seen in infants with MS virus infection, in older patients with mycoplasmal and adenoviral infections.
Bronchitis usually does not disrupt the general condition, body temperature is usually low.
Treatment of acute bronchitis is mainly carried out at home. Radiography is necessary in the event of presumed pneumonia. Systemic antibacterial therapy is carried out with suspicion of a bacterial cause of bronchitis( chlamydia, mycoplasma, severe course of the disease with sowing of staphylococcus or Pseudomonas aeruginosa).
How to treat acute bronchitis at home? Necessarily plentiful warm drink with honey, raspberry, lime color;Good results are obtained by the use of heated alkaline mineral water. How else to treat bronchitis in the absence of fever? In this case, thermal procedures are applied to the chest. Good for inhalation of eucalyptus, menthol, anise oil. For the duration of the disease it is desirable to exclude hypothermia, smoking and alcohol abuse.
And how to treat acute bronchitis with medications, if inhalations do not bring relief? Drug therapy includes antitussives, expectorants, preparations for relieving bronchial spasms, antiallergic agents, vitamins.
Chronic bronchitis and methods of its treatment
Chronic bronchitis is an irreversible disease.
The most unpleasant for anyone is the development of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease( COPD), which is characterized by a partially irreversible airflow restriction in the airways, which, as a rule, has a steadily progressing nature and is provoked by an abnormal inflammatory reaction of the lung tissue to irritation with various pathogenic particles and gases.
Modern methods of treatment can only reduce the severity of the symptoms and complications of this disease. Episodic or persistent shortness of breath, the inability to perform normal physical activity violate a person's life. To maintain the legal capacity, the patient is constantly forced to use a number of inhalation drugs, a means to facilitate sputum discharge. Doctors on the question of how to treat bronchitis, advise antibiotics, exercise is very important, training of the respiratory muscles with the help of various devices and smoking cessation.
Diet for acute, chronic and obstructive bronchitis
The main thing to take into account when using a diet for obstructive bronchitis is the high calorie content of food, since the body spends most of its energy fighting the inflammatory process in the bronchi. The same food is relevant for chronic bronchitis, and acute.
In addition, since there is a noticeable protein deficiency in respiratory diseases, protein foods should be present in the diet of a patient with bronchitis, and for a more effective protein exchange, not vegetable, but animal origin.
A great importance in the diet for acute bronchitis and chronic is given to the dairy component, since it is the main source of calcium, which, in addition to all its known properties, has an anti-inflammatory effect, which greatly speeds up the healing process.
As for products with a high amount of carbohydrates, their consumption in a diet with chronic bronchitis, as well as with acute and obstructive disease, must be minimized, as when the sugar content in the blood increases, the pathogenic bacteria multiply actively and thereby inhibit the reduction of inflammatory processes in the bronchi.
All the food offered to the patient should be cooked on steam or boiled, in consistence - puree. Fried or baked products should be excluded from the diet. Since such sparing food for the digestive tract with obstructive bronchitis, as well as acute and chronic, does not require additional energy costs from the body, it means that all the saved forces will be directed at fighting inflammatory processes in the bronchi.
Therapeutic diet for bronchitis should last for 1-2 weeks. After this period, you can gradually switch to a normal diet.
In a diet with bronchitis, you need to minimize the intake of salt, which delays the removal of fluid from the body, which creates an additional burden on the heart and blood vessels.
Authorized and prohibited products with bronchitis
Some products are prohibited in bronchitis, and some, on the contrary, are welcomed in the diet of patients.
Foods and dishes allowed for bronchitis:
- Wheat bread, dried;
- soups on low-fat meat broth or vegetarian( vegetable, cereal mucous - rice, oatmeal, semolina);
- boiled poultry meat, meat soufflé, steamed meatballs or meatballs;
- boiled or steamed fish;
- milk and dairy products, butter;
- fresh eggs( in the form of an omelette or boiled soft-boiled);
- boiled or steamed vegetables;
- porridge( rice, semolina, buckwheat, corn) of a liquid consistency;
- freshly prepared vegetable salads in small quantities;
- puree of fresh fruit and berries;
- juices, compotes, kissels;
- not strong tea, drinks with chicory, broth of a dogrose.
Products and dishes prohibited in bronchitis:
- freshly baked bread and bakery products;
- soups prepared on bone and fat broths;
- fatty meat and fish;
- meat and canned fish, balyk, smoked fish and meat;
- sour cream with a high percentage of fat, cream, spicy cheeses;
- millet, barley and porridge;
- grain of leguminous plants, radish, radish, cabbage;
- strong coffee and tea.
Methods of traditional medicine for the treatment of bronchitis
This section of the article describes how to treat chronic bronchitis, as well as acute and obstructive form of the disease folk remedies.
Treatment of bronchitis with traditional medicine:
Mix equally the althaea root, Ledum grass, birch buds, Veronica grass, elecampane root, sweet clover grass.
Mix 4 parts of Labrador grass, 2 parts of leaves of coltsfoot, chamomile flowers, oregano grass, 1 part of birch buds and nettle leaves.
In acute bronchitis, the treatment period is 2-3 weeks, but the treatment is carried out in "shock doses", namely: they brew in a thermos at 5-6 st.spoons of chopped dry grass to a liter of boiling water, left overnight and drunk it all during the day in a few meals half an hour before meals. Children dose reduced at least twice.
In the treatment of chronic bronchitis by folk methods, the herbs should be drunk constantly for 1.5-2 years, every three to four months, taking a break for 2 weeks and changing the collection. In this case, the usual dose: 2 tbsp.spoonfuls per liter of boiling water, the broth is infused in a thermos during the night, drunk during the day in several meals half an hour before meals.
How else can bronchitis be treated with folk remedies in addition to herbal remedies?
- Cut the bottom leaves of aloe, rinse, grind, squeeze the juice, add honey at the rate: 1 part honey to 5 parts juice. Take only freshly prepared mixture of 1 tbsp.spoon 3 times daily before meals.
- Effective means of folk medicine for bronchitis: grate and cleaned on a grater, pour a glass of boiling water, cook for 15 minutes. Infuse for an hour, drain, add boiled water to the broth to bring the volume to a glass, drink 1/4 cup 4 times a day or a whole glass 1 time a day before going to bed.
- Another popular method of treating bronchitis: mix 1 tbsp.a spoonful of fresh aloe juice, 100 g of butter, 100 g of pork or goose fat, 100 g of honey and 50 g of cocoa powder. Mix well, rubbing. Take 2 times a day, dissolving 1 tbsp.spoon mixture in a glass of hot milk. The dose for children is 1 hour or 1 dess.spoon( depending on age) on a glass of milk.
- When treating bronchitis with folk medicine, you can pour 20 g of crushed althea roots 0.5 liters of vodka and leave in a dark place for 10 days, then strain. Take 10-15 drops 3 times a day.
- 2 figs pour hot milk in a glass, insist 2-3 minutes, then drink, and a fig to eat. Take a glass 3 times a day after meals.
Breathing exercises with bronchitis( with video)
Due to its effectiveness, breathing exercises with bronchitis are not only an important curative, but also a preventative. People who have ever had acute or chronic bronchitis or other bronchopulmonary diseases should include them in their daily morning exercise complex.
Gymnastics for the prevention of bronchitis includes the following exercises:
1. Standing, feet shoulder width apart, hands are lowered. At the expense of 1-2 spread his hands to the sides, turning his palms up, stretch and take a deep breath, at the expense of 3-4 return to and.etc. - exhalation. Run 3-4 times.
2. Standing, feet shoulder width apart, hands in front of the chest. At each account, jerk hands back, rhythmically combining them with inhalation and exhalation. Run 3-4 times.
3. Standing, legs together, hands on the belt. Take a deep breath, at the expense of 1-2, crouching on your toes, pulling your hands forward - exhale, at the expense of 3-4 return to and.etc. - inhale. Run 3-4 times.
4. Standing, feet shoulder-width apart, arms lowered. At the expense of 1, bend the left leg in the knee, place the right hand on the waist, and draw the left hand to the side, inhale;on account 2 go back to and.etc. - exhalation. Make the same movements with your right foot and your right hand to score 3-4( left hand on your belt).Run 3-4 times.
5. Standing, feet shoulder-width apart, arms lowered. Take a deep breath;at the expense of 1-2 tilt the trunk to the left( left hand slides down the leg) - exhalation;on account of 3-4 return to and.etc. - inhale. At the expense of 5-8 make the same movements on the right side. Run 3-4 times.
6. Standing, legs shoulder-width apart, arms lowered. At the expense of 1-2 bent at the elbows hands to raise to the level of the shoulders - inhale;at the expense of 3-4 weakened hands down and shake them several times - exhalation. Run 3-4 times.
7. Feet wider than shoulders, hands on waist. At the expense of 1 take your right leg back, and bent at the elbow, your left arm lifted to your shoulder - inhale, at the expense of 2 return to and.etc. - exhale, at the expense of 3-4 to make the same movements with your left foot and right hand. Run 3-4 times.
Watch the video "Gymnastics with bronchitis" to better understand how the exercises are performed:
Tracheitis after bronchitis and its symptoms
Tracheitis( from Latin tracheitis) - inflammation of the mucosa of the trachea. Sometimes tracheitis proceeds in isolation, but more often it joins rhinitis, pharyngitis, laryngitis, bronchitis, forming rhinopharyngotracheitis, laryngotracheitis, tracheobronchitis.
The cause of tracheitis is the same infection that causes rhinitis, pharyngitis and laryngitis: viruses( influenza, parainfluenza, adenovirus, PC virus), bacteria( staphylococci, streptococci and others), and intracellular pathogens( chlamydia and mycoplasma).In case of insufficient treatment( or lack thereof) of these diseases, the inflammatory process can spread to the trachea, causing tracheitis.
The term "bronchitis" refers to the defeat of bronchial tubes of any caliber;"Bronchiolitis" - mainly small bronchi and bronchioles, "tracheitis" - trachea.
Distinguish between acute and chronic tracheitis, which is a complication of acute.
Symptoms of tracheitis after bronchitis are common for diseases of the upper respiratory tract( symptoms of rhinitis, pharyngitis) at subfebrile body temperature.