Fish cutlets should always be present in the diet of each person. Of course, this does not mean that you need to eat them every day and several times. But still, at least once a week or two it is necessary that the fish be on the table. Most people prefer red fish or pike perch. But the difficult economic situation makes it necessary to abandon expensive fish in favor of cheaper fish. But cheap - it does not mean bad. For example, excellent fish cutlets are obtained from pollock, which contains a lot of useful microelements and vitamins, which are so necessary for every person.
- 1 Pollock. Benefits of
- 2 Secrets of cooking fish cutlets
- 3 The most popular and delicious recipes
- 3.1 Recipe 1. Cutlets in the oven
- 3.2 Recipe 2. In the frying pan
- 3.3 Recipe 3. Fish cutlets in the
Alaska pollock. Benefits of
Before proceeding to the basic recipes for cooking cutlets from this fish, you need to get acquainted with all its useful properties to make sure that pollock is not inferior to the same trout or salmon. So, pollock - a fish that loves cold water and therefore is found mainly in the bottom regions of the Pacific( in its northern part).
On the table to the consumer it falls mainly in the frozen form, as in the others it is very difficult to keep its freshness. In addition, not everyone knows, but it is from the meat of pollock that they cook surimi, the main ingredient of all favorite crab sticks, without which there is not a single celebration. The main benefit of this fish is that:
- It contains saturated fatty acids that play an important role in the human body.
- . Pollack pollock has a good effect on the respiratory system, it is advised to eat during the recovery from a serious illness
- It has remarkable antioxidant properties
- Well regulates the level of sugar in the blood, which is why it is allowed in small amounts to eat diabetics
- Positively affects the mucous membranes in the body, including nschevaritelnoy
- system Vitamins and minerals that are found in fish:
- pollack liver contains high amounts of vitamin A, which has a positive effect on the teeth, nails and hair
- iodine and protein, which are found in fish, it is very easily absorbed by the body. Iodine helps the nervous and cardiovascular system to function normally
- Nicotinic acid, phosphorus, potassium give the fish even more useful
- Cobalt. It is an excellent blood reducer and regulates the carbon exchange of
- Sulfur. She is one of the participants in the normal oxygen exchange of
- Fluoride. Another important element, without which the tooth enamel will begin to break down, and the bones will become more fragile
- Chromium. It is this element that is involved in the regulation of lipid metabolism. In addition, it activates specific elements that affect human heredity
It is recommended that this type of fish is used if a person has frequent fractures of bone, atherosclerosis, there areproblems with the cardiovascular system. During pregnancy, it is necessary to include pollock in the diet, as it is a storehouse of vitamins and trace elements, which are so necessary for the future mother and her baby. As for children, it is possible to give Alaska pollock already from eight months, the main thing is to cook it properly.
Many people undesirably push pollock to the background, thinking that this fish is not useful. They are deeply mistaken and the above points are an obvious proof of this.
Secrets of cooking fish cutlets
Each landlady has her own special recipes, which they do not always want to share with others. But, very often it's not the recipe itself, but how to properly prepare the mince and choose fresh fish. So, a few secrets about the fish, its preparation and choice:
- If you found a fresh fish on the counter of the store, but do not want to cook now, then it is worth remembering that pollock - the fish is rather dry. Therefore, it should be frozen in such a way that only 4 percent of the ice forms from the entire mass of the
- . If you get the fish to unfreeze( be it fillets or unfinished fish), then it should be prepared immediately, because the pollock can not be re-frozen
- You have to defrost the fish eitherin cold water, or in the refrigerator
- . Fish meat should be white without any shades. Often on the shelves is a fillet with a pink or yellowish tinge - this fillet is not worth buying
- Very often there are worms in the fish that make it unattractive, but at the same time, these parasites are harmless to humans.
- You need to twist the fillet with onions and carrots, asThe fish is dry and you need to soften it with something.
It seems that there is nothing significant in the above recommendations, but always a small mistake can lead to a bad choice, and as a consequence, a spoiled dish.
The most popular and delicious recipes
As already mentioned above, each housewife has her own secrets of cooking. Someone uses some special ingredient, someone fry not twenty minutes, but twenty-three, etc. Below are the most popular and delicious recipes of fish cutlets made from pollock.
Recipe 1. Cutlets in the oven
They are perfect for nutrition, both young children and adults, because they do not fry on a lot of oil, and bake in the oven. The main danger when cooking food in the oven is a high probability of drying them. So, you need 1.5 kilograms of fillet, several slices of fresh white bread or a loaf, 2 cups of tomato juice, egg, sweet pepper, two tablespoons of vegetable oil, salt and pepper to taste.
Bread is soaked for a short time in water, and then it is twisted through a meat grinder along with fish and onions. Egg, salt and black pepper are also added here. Then the baking sheet is taken, another bulb is gently cut into rings, the red pepper on top with small cubes. This is laid out cutlets, which should be small in size. Then, everything is poured with tomato sauce or juice( who loves it).You need to bake for 40 minutes. Thanks to the tomato sauce the cutlets will not be dry
Recipe 2. In a frying pan
These patties are fried in a frying pan in vegetable oil. It is necessary to take two kilograms of pollock( or 1.5 kilograms of peeled fillets).In the event that you took the whole fish, it is better to cut it into pieces, so that it would be more convenient to separate the meat. Here you will need:
- Potatoes( 2 pieces)
- Onions( 3 heads)
- Garlic( 7 teeth)
- Eggs( 2 pieces)
- Third part of the loaf( pulp)
- Milk( 50 ml)
- Salo pork( 100 grams)
- Saltand pepper to taste.
It is necessary to peel potatoes, onions and garlic, soak a loaf in milk. Fish fillet and other ingredients to twist through a meat grinder. In the received forcemeat we break eggs, salt and pepper. After that, we wait until the frying pan is heated, and we begin to fry the cutlets. At the end, they can be sprinkled for beauty and the best flavor with greens
Recipe 3. Fish cutlets in the steamer
Today almost every family has a steamer. In it you can prepare useful and tasty dishes for the whole family. So, for cutlets you will need:
- 500 grams of walleye pollock fillets
- Bread( several slices)
- One onion
- Milk( half glass)
- Salt and pepper
Bread should be soaked in milk and the fillet should be kneaded with onion, then mix, salt and pepper. Here, hammer eggs and add bread. In order to taste even better, in the middle of each cutlet you can put cheese. After the cutlets are formed, they are laid out in a steamer and are cooked for about half an hour.
Fish cutlets from pollock are not only delicious, but also very useful dishes on the family table, which will appeal to both adults and children!
How to cook delicious and appetizing cutlets from Alaska pollock, will tell the video:
Tell your friends!