Why do your toenails crack?
Foot care is an integral part of maintaining women's beauty, especially in the summer when our feet are on display. Often it happens that our toenails become brittle, fray and lose an attractive appearance.
Why do your toenails crack?
The most common and obvious cause of lamination of the nail plate is the lack of necessary vitamins and minerals that are needed to maintain beauty and health of the body.
This is an unbalanced diet, a deficiency of calcium, potassium, iron, magnesium, zinc, vitamin D, etc. In this case, you need to deal with cardinally your health, drink a course of vitamins for prevention and treatment.
The second reason is the negative impact of the environment, the effect of water of poor quality, an allergy to cosmetics for foot care, professional nuances and much more.
Next, it should be said about wearing tight shoes, wrong size selection, in such shoes the nail plate "does not breathe well", and therefore begins to separate, or grow into the skin on the finger, this too is fraught with serious consequences.
Fingernails can and will be with improper or inadequate circulation in the lower limbs, this will be facilitated by existing varicose veins, a sedentary lifestyle, bad habits.
A huge role in nail care is played by proper pruning or filing, the toenails should be cut in a straight line, without rounding, cut once a month under the very foundation.
If the intake of animal protein is insufficient, the problem can be aggravated, according to average estimates, the norm will be within 1 gram per 1 kg of weight per day. The best source of protein is fatty fish, red meat, chicken, turkey, eggs.
Fingernails on the legs can be a harbinger of fungal diseases, so do not think that this problem means nothing, because the earlier you start treatment, the more effective the result will be.
What should I do when my toenails go off?
Here are the popular ways to solve this disease:
- Regular use of special firming creams, oils, lotions for nails. They can be purchased at a pharmacy or made from natural ingredients. Pharmaceutical preparations contain panthenol, protein, ascorbic acid and other nutrients that actively fight against such disorders, restoring the integrity of the nail plate at the cellular level.
- Before going to bed twice a week you need to make baths with sea salt, for this dissolve the spoon of the main component in 3 liters of warm water. Duration of the procedure is 15-20 minutes. After the foot, wipe off with a towel and wrap it in a blanket.
- After the mask, you can thoroughly massage your limbs, take a medium hardness brush and walk around the cuticles, lightly doing a healing massage. This procedure will help to activate the root fibers, provoking a rapid growth of nails.
- If the nails on the legs are strongly weakened, then the experts recommend that they carry out paraffin therapy. The legs should be dipped in the melted paraffin for 10 seconds, after removing and so 3-5 visits. After soya, the paraffin on the legs is fixed with a plastic bag, put on warm socks, and after 30 minutes, remove the mask.
- Every day before going to bed lubricate your feet with baby cream or other moisturizing and nourishing, after 3-4 procedures you will notice the first positive sensations, the legs will become soft and elastic, and the nail plate - healthy and attractive.
In addition to these procedures, it is important to revise the diet and dietary norms, drink a course of multivitamin preparations, try to get rid of bad habits. It is important not to be lazy to do preventive masks and massages to improve the appearance of the legs and nail plate.
It is necessary to undergo qualitative treatment of all fungal diseases, this is a serious problem, and it can not be allowed to go by itself. Infection of the nail with the wrong treatment can lead to leg amputation.
Traditional treatment when fingernails are cracked
Olive oil is especially well-proven, it must be mixed with lemon juice and applied to the nails for a whole night. Perform this procedure 2-3 times a week, until you get a stable result.
Compress from glycerin - 20 g, water - 70 g and alum - 5 g is also good. On the nail plate this composition lasts about half an hour, after it is washed off. Nails are dried naturally, a nourishing cream is applied.
Effective treatment with herbal decoctions, infusions, essential oils, such procedures will have an antiseptic effect, relieve pain, swelling, eliminate bacteria.
To make a herbal mixture you need to take a tablespoon of the collection of plants( chamomile, calendula, thyme), pour a liter of boiled water and insist 30 minutes. After the broth pours out into the pelvis and you can make a bath, the duration of the procedure is 30 minutes.
Elm broth perfectly strengthens the nails, done on the same principle, can be stored in the refrigerator for a long time, before use, dilute it with warm boiled water.
Strengthening effect has lotions from freshly squeezed citrus juice, currants, cranberries, and the tea mushroom in general is an indispensable tool for improving the structure of the nail plate.
To avoid lamination of the nail, you need to regularly carry out sodo-salt baths, treat the nails with wax, and lubricate honey with honey before going to bed. To improve blood circulation, you can add a pinch of red pepper to the prepared bath, but this procedure should not be done more than once a week.
At home, you can prepare an antifungal ointment and use it for prevention. To do this, take a raw egg and mix with a spoonful of acetic acid. Carry out the procedure in the evening before bedtime, lubricating the nail plate with a prepared compound.
Take care of your legs and stay healthy!