Chronic constipation is a fairly widespread problem of modern civilization. The intake of laxatives does not eliminate the problem, but rather aggravates it. In this case, there is a decrease in the effectiveness of medications taken and the independent function of the intestine is lost to its emptying - that is, drug dependence is formed.
- 1 Description of the preparation
- 2 Mechanism of action
- 3 The effectiveness of the treatment
- 4 Advantages of treatment Resolor
- 5 Recommendations
Description of the preparation
Resolor( prukalopride) - a new drug for the treatment of chronic constipation, is registered in Russia in 2012.It is a drug related to a promising class of selective enterokinetics.
Active agent of Resolor is prucalopride-dihydrobenzofurancarboxamide, which eliminates the symptoms of chronic constipation and restores the lost function of intestinal motility.
Resolor is a tablet in a film shell, round in shape with convex surfaces. Tablets are available in white, with a dosage of 1 mg and a pink color, with a dosage of 2 mg.
Indications for the use of the drug - a symptomatic treatment of chronic constipation in women whose intestinal problems are not eliminated with laxatives.
Reception of the drug Resolor is not associated with food intake and with time of day. Although, there is a recommendation to take the drug at night.
Mechanism of action
Prukalopride has a qualitative difference in the mechanism of action compared to laxatives. It directly affects the regulation of peristalsis of the muscles of the large intestine - a complex physiological process, the violation of which leads to the development of chronic constipation.
The preparation Resolor restores the natural motility of the large intestine in the most physiological way - by acting on serotonin receptors, which play a major role in intestinal peristalsis. It causes severe contractions of the colon, leading to defecation, as well as to the elimination of the whole complex of constipation symptoms: straining, swelling, discomfort in the intestine, feelings of incomplete emptying.
The effectiveness of treatment
Results of treatment Resolor is evaluated not after 3-4 days after its application, but after a month, or three months. The effectiveness of the drug is noted with a regular daily intake:
- Its effect comes after 2.5 hours;
- Individual defecation regime is developed( depending on the initial state of the disease);
- The complex of symptoms accompanying the state of chronic constipation is eliminated;
- Most patients lose soreness during defecation;
- Fecal masses become voluminous and soft in consistency;
- When interrupting treatment for any reason, a second course of treatment does not decrease the effectiveness.
Advantages of treatment Resolor
- The drug has low toxicity;
- High degree of tolerability and no side effects( except for the first two days, when some patients report severe headaches and nausea);
- Resolor can be taken in long courses - up to 18-36 months;
- Convenience in the way of application and dosages. One tablet of the drug a day replaces several tablets of laxatives;
- The need to consume large amounts of water disappears;
- No medications used with concomitant conditions for constipation: antispasmodics, analgesics, preparations for bloating;
- The drug does not lead to dehydration of the body and excretion of salts;
- Resolor can be administered to the elderly, starting a course with 1 mg per day.
For the use of the drug there are contraindications:
- Individual intolerance of the drug;
- Diseases of the liver and kidney;
- Disturbance of intestinal wall integrity;colitis of different etiology;intestinal obstruction and other intestinal diseases;
- Hereditary reaction to galactose, deficiency of lactase;
- Child's age;
- Pregnancy and lactation.
Approximately one third of patients taking Resolor have reactions such as headache, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, increased heart rate, general weakness.
These phenomena appear in the first two days of taking the drug and pass without canceling therapy. Overdose of the drug is possible with a 10-fold increase in the usual dose( up to 20 mg per day).In this case, the symptoms that occur with a side effect are amplified: headache, nausea, diarrhea.
Specific treatment for an overdose of the drug Resolor is not present, so symptomatic and supportive therapy is performed. Particular attention should be paid to dehydration and electrolyte imbalance in severe diarrhea.
If you are interested in the drug, you can see the video presentation of Resolor:
Tell your friends!