Cancer of the rectum is a malignant neoplasm that forms in the mucosa of the terminal section of the large intestine. In oncology, rectal cancer accounts for about five percent of all malignant tumors. The first signs of colorectal cancer are not very pronounced, so diagnosis at the initial stages, as with most malignant tumors, is difficult. So how is rectal cancer manifested, and what should be done to prevent the onset of this disease?
It is known that "the cancer backs away," but the cancer can move in any other direction, if there is an oncological disease.
Alas, many forms of cancer in the initial stages are asymptomatic or do not reveal themselves much. But if they do not find themselves, then they can find the appropriate diagnostic examinations. That's why annual medical check-ups are so necessary. And one should not be afraid of the results of such examinations, because oncological diseases, diagnosed at the earliest stages, are not bad in a huge percentage of cases and are effectively treated!
How is rectal cancer manifested: the first signs of
A notorious "bag" is very vulnerable in our body, in which the remnants of digested food are collected - the rectum.
The first symptoms of rectal cancer: unpleasant sensations in the abdomen;feeling of dissatisfaction with incomplete emptying of bowels after defecation;"Incomprehensible", seemingly causeless flatulence, the appearance of mucus or veins of blood in the stool. If these signs of rectal cancer are present, you should immediately go to a proctologist or oncologist, without waiting for a planned medical check-up.
However, the symptoms just listed can appear to be a manifestation of both ordinary colitis and sigmoiditis or are the result of polyps developed in these parts of the large intestine, or even only internal hemorrhoids complicated by the inflammatory process in the intestinal mucosa. But in all these diagnostic subtleties, oncologists should be dealt with by appropriate examinations( feces, abdominal ultrasound, sigmoidoscopy or colonoscopy, if necessary - and biopsy, that is, a histological examination of a piece of tissue taken from the affected part of the intestine).
If such symptoms of rectal cancer, as constipation, often alternate with diarrhea, are also accompanied by constant discomfort or even painful sensations in the abdomen( usually in its left ileal region), and in the stool the presence of blood and mucus is detected with an extremely unpleasant putrefactive odor,then it is better not to hurry to oncologists, but to rush, not hoping for any "" folk healers ", nor for homeopathy, or for herbal medicine!
Oncology: causes of colon cancer
Modern medical science believes that the causes of colorectal cancer, several - it can be a hereditary, genetic factor;and an unfavorable ecological situation;and poor-quality nutrition( eating high-calorie, refined, poor in plant fibers, and also "chemical" products).All these unfavorable factors can lead to mutations of individual cells of the mucosa of the corresponding parts of the intestine, followed by uncontrolled, unrestrained reproduction of these degenerated cells.
Fortunately, rectal cancer is most often adenocarcinomas, and they develop slowly enough( not as, for example, sarcomas).And therefore, after discovering them, modern oncologists manage to surgically, and if necessary( that is, not in the first stage of the disease), then also with the help of radiation and chemotherapy, to cope with this serious disease.
By the way, according to medical statistics, with the timely detection of rectal cancer in the first stage, the effectiveness of treatment is close to 100%!
Prophylaxis of rectal cancer: diet and nutrition
All of you, of course, know well the statement that any disease is easier to prevent than treat. Therefore, any modern person should be well informed first of all about the use of which products is a kind of prevention of the development of rectal cancer.
Here are the main ones:
- nutrition for rectal cancer should include bread from wholemeal flour, bran( contributing to the timely removal of toxic decomposition products and most carcinogens);
- vegetables( except potatoes) and aromatic herbs( especially celery, coriander, parsley, dill and parsnip), having the same effect;
- fruits( especially oranges, lemons, grapefruits and other citrus fruits, containing special compounds that neutralize carcinogens);
- dogrose( compounds and vitamins in its fruits have not only an anti-cancer effect, but also contribute to the removal of many toxic substances from the body, especially radionuclides);
- garlic, an excellent suppressant activity of carcinogens;
- green tea, which slows the synthesis in the body of a particular carcinogen substance nitrosamine;
- milk( low-fat).
It is known that only by reducing the caloric intake of food consumed can not only reduce the risk of occurrence, but also slow the development of colon cancer.
That's why you should not only know the following basic principles of nutrition, but also steadily, constantly follow them:
1. Emphasize your nutrition on low-calorie foods.
2. Diet for colorectal cancer implies a decrease in the number of animal fats in the diet along with the daily intake of vegetable fats( 2 to 4 tablespoons a day).
3. Always include raw vegetables, fruits, freshly squeezed juices, herbs( especially aromatic herbs), dried fruits, rose hips, whole grains( whole grain bread or bran is desirable) and once a week soy.
4. Minimize the use of smoked products, salines, canned food, spicy marinades, tobacco and alcohol( especially strong, and even more surrogate!).
And, of course, to prevent cancer of the rectum you need to lead a healthy lifestyle;have a normal, optimistic mood;be able to withstand stressful shocks. Also, rational physical activities are shown( intensive physical exertion should be no less than 20 minutes per day!).All this is a pledge not only of general health, but also the basis for the prevention of cancer.
In conclusion, the information for consideration: those whose work sedentary( drivers, accountants, teachers, bank workers, doctors), rectal cancer is found in 3 times more often than in representatives of other professions!