Severe sweating of the entire body( hyperhidrosis) can be caused by various diseases. Night sweats, or sweat with a strange smell are often signs of health problems. Even such serious ones as cancer, diabetes, tuberculosis or hyperthyroidism. Excessive sweating of the entire body is a common symptom for many diseases. But this is only one of the symptoms of the disease, below are additional, which can more accurately indicate a particular ailment.
Diseases that are accompanied by sweating
- Fever Acute diseases of are those that are accompanied by a greatly increased body temperature and are caused by ingestion of so-called pyrogens( most often viruses). Increasing sweat production is the body's response to heat - so it triescool down. The higher the temperature, the more we sweat. Most sweat is released when the body temperature drops.
- Obesity .In people who are overweight, every movement requires effort. The body easily overheats and sweats.
- Tumors of the lymphatic system .Leukemia and lymphomania come from weakness and loss of appetite. The skin becomes pale, and the lymph nodes increase. At night there is a strong sweating of the whole body.
- Tuberculosis .Night sweats, persistent cough, weight loss, weakness, a slight increase in temperature or its fluctuations.
- Diabetes .When the blood sugar level drops sharply( hypoglycemia), then it is accompanied by a strong sweating. The patient pales, the palpitation accelerates, the muscles tremble. There is dizziness, weakness and hunger.
- Pancreatic cancer .There are the same symptoms as with hypoglycemia: sweating, weakness, bouts of hunger, a shiver in the muscles, nervousness.
- Central Nervous System Disorders .Sweating is unbalanced - one side of the body sweats more. There may be alopecia - hair loss in some part of the body.
- Parkinson's disease .Slow down movements and a strong sweating with a tangible smell. Progressive rigidity and tremor of the muscles - their involuntary tension and trembling. A person with signs of seborrhea( pimples, oily skin, redness) and covered with sweat.
- Acromegaly is a slowly developing adult disease caused by impaired pituitary function. Thickening of the fingers, lengthening of the legs, lower jaw, superciliary arches and intense sweating.
- Heart attack .Burning pain behind the sternum, sweating, anxiety, shortness of breath, and sometimes nausea.
What condition does sweat smell indicate?
Diseases that are accompanied by severe sweating, often violate the chemical processes in the body. As a result, the smell of perspiration changes, which makes it possible to diagnose the disease itself.
|sweat smell||Possible disease|
|liver Fresh||Liver failure|
|Mice||Phenylketonuria( a rare disease in which affected CNS)|
|musty, stale beer||Tuberculosis|
|rotten fruit or acetone||Diabetes|
|fresh bread||Typhoid fever|