Home remedies that can eliminate headaches are a good option when the pain is moderate and you do not want to resort to pain medication. You can try the following recipes of fruit and vegetable juices, the positive influence of which has long been recognized in European countries.
Folk remedies for headaches are becoming more and more popular. It is better to use them, because if you often resort to taking a lot of painkillers, you can eventually make it worse and begin to suffer from a medicamentous kind of headaches. The best such means are decoctions of medicinal herbs, which have a wide range of useful properties.
- 1 Fruit and vegetable juices for headache relief
- 1.1 Juice recipes that help with headache
- 1.2 Other juices that can be tried from a headache
- 1.3 Additional juice additives that help to relieve pain
- 2 Herbsfrom a headache
- 2.1 What herbs help in the fight against a headache?
- 2.2 How to prepare a decoction of herbs correctly?
Fruit and vegetable juices for getting rid of a headache
Using the right fruit and vegetable juices is popular for this purpose, however, one must remember that in case of very severe headaches or migraines, they will not be effective. The best results with their help will be achieved not immediately after the first intake, if the pain has already appeared. But with regular admission they will soon give a positive effect, after which they will need to drink a long time for prevention.
Juice recipes that help with headache
Recipe for the best multi juice from a headache:
- 2 leaves of dandelion or cabbage;
- 1 cup of chopped broccoli;
- 1 cup of alfalfa sprouts;
- 1 apple;
- 1 large carrot;
Preparation of : Wash, clean and cut all the ingredients. Put them in the juicer and squeeze the juice.
Drinking : Drink twice two glasses( about 400 ml at a time) of juice a day.
Other juices that you can try from a headache
- juice from 50 grams of potatoes, half leeks and 3 celery stalks;
- quarter turn of turnip, halves of red pepper and 2 large carrots;
- juice from 3 mandarin and 2 fruits of guava strawberry;
- carrot and spinach juice in a ratio of 1 to 2;
- juice of one large, raw potato.
Additional juice supplements that help to relieve pain
- can add strawberries to taste;
- 2-3 leaves of the salad will have a calming effect on the nervous system;
- if there are problems with the sinuses of the nose( stuffiness), then you can add radish and garlic;
- to reduce toxins in the body( for example, after poisoning or with a hangover syndrome) can add wheat germ;
- celery helps with fluid retention in the body to normalize blood pressure;
- Citrus contains vitamin C, which reduces inflammation and improves blood circulation;
- 1 cm fresh ginger root will ease inflammation;
- 1 clove of garlic or 1/2 red onion will improve blood circulation, which is very important for people who suffer from migraine.
Herbs from a headache
With a headache, when there is no possibility or desire to often take pills, you can also try folk remedies. First of all, these are properly selected herbs. The list of them is quite large, so there is a high probability that they will be able to find those that suit and taste, and will surprise with its effectiveness.
But it's worth remembering that the herbs will be able to help with the headache, provided they are used regularly. But if the pains are frequent and intense, it is better to consult a doctor to find out their cause. Although according to statistics in most cases it is tension headaches.
Which herbs help in the fight against a headache?
- mint, lemon balm and valerian reduce muscle tension, therefore reduce pain caused by stress and degenerative changes in the spine;
- ginkgo and feverfew improve blood circulation in the vessels of the brain, bringing relief from migraine and headaches caused by hypoxia;
- bark of white willow, chamomile have anti-inflammatory and analgesic effect, therefore suitable for headaches that occur during colds;
- ginger suppresses nausea and vomiting, helps with migraine and headaches caused by overeating or alcohol abuse;
- hops and sage have a tonic effect on the hormonal system, suitable for relieving headaches associated with menstruation and caused by weather changes.
How to prepare a decoction of herbs?
Better help fresh and warm infusions. Their temperature dilates the blood vessels, so the drugs quickly penetrate the area of pain. Infusion, as a rule, is done with a teaspoon of selected herbs. They pour a cup of boiling water, and after 10 minutes they can already drain and drink. It is a ready-made folk remedy for headache.