- Removal of wet or watery calluses
- Dry calluses and their removal
Causes of corns
Corn on the leg is a protective skin reaction to our shoes. From the point of view of medicine, corn is called a cornified layer of skin, consisting of dead cells.
There are many reasons for their appearance. Here are the most common:
- too close or trampled shoes;
- uncomfortable outsole;
- high heels;
- walking barefoot on hard ground.
The appearance of calluses is also affected by the body's painful conditions:
- flat feet;
- diabetes mellitus;
- excess weight;
- possible fungal diseases.
Corns occur on the soles of the feet, toes and toes. And the swelling and redness that appeared on these places are the first signs of their appearance.
How to properly remove calluses on the feet: Video
Types of calluses
There are several types of calluses on the legs:
- wet or water;
- are dry;
You can remove corn using medications, folk methods of treatment, visiting beauty salons. But there are cases when surgical removal is required to get rid of calluses on the legs. Let's consider the most possible cases.
Removing wet or watery calluses
So, a wet callus can cause prolonged friction of the shoes. It causes severe pain. A blister appears, inside which there is a lymphatic fluid. Sometimes in the fluid there are admixtures of blood.
In such cases, it is strictly forbidden even to try to remove calluses on the legs in such ways as piercing, ripping off the upper skin, burning out. This creates a great danger of infection. But you can not just stick the callus plaster and continue walking in the same shoes.
So what should I do? The first thing is to change shoes in more comfortable shoes. Then glue the corn with a plaster with a silicone cushion. If the integrity is broken and the liquid has flowed, we treat the wound with an antiseptic. You can also apply a bactericidal bandage. And we wait for the full drying of the wound. In no case should you touch the skin until it disappears.
Dry calluses and their removal
Dry calluses arise from the death of the upper layer of cells on the leg, the so-called keratinization. This phenomenon is usually observed on the fingers and toes of the legs. If the dry calluses on the legs do not remove in time, they can turn into a kind of corns.
Dry calluses can be removed both independently and with the help of a beauty salon. How is this done?
- If the corn is fresh, you can buy in any pharmacy a special plaster against corns with salicylic acid.
- To soften the horny layer of the skin, you can also buy a cream containing salicylic acid.
- Another option from dry corns is a soda bath. For one liter of water, take a teaspoon of soda. Also add a piece of soap to the water. It is necessary to steam out the leg well in solution, then rub with pumice stone. This procedure must be performed up to 10 times.
- You can use the pedicure apparatus. Accordingly, after softening the dry calluses.
Treatment of dry calluses: Video
Causes of the appearance and removal of cores Cornea
A corn stalk is called so because of a rod or root that penetrates deeply into the skin tissue. From above it looks like a bonnet made of a horny layer of skin. Stems can occur at any age, and their size depends on the degree of neglect.
Removal of corns on the legs is not an easy task. You need to have patience. And it's best not to do it yourself. The most correct decision will be to go to a hospital or a beauty salon.
Special procedures are performed in the salons.
- Drilling. Using the pedicure apparatus, gently remove all keratinized tissue. Ensure that the rod is completely removed. If it is not removed, the callus can recover. Then an antifungal or anti-inflammatory cream is placed in the hole.
- Laser removal. This is the fastest and most effective way. The laser burns out the infected surface, and also kills all bacteria. So the appearance of the inflammatory process can not be afraid.
- Cryotherapy( application of liquid nitrogen).Corn is treated with liquid nitrogen, and after 30 seconds the dead layer of cells peels off. In doing so, he takes with him also all the pathogenic bacteria.
The most dangerous corn occurs due to the hammer-shaped deformation of the toes. The finger is bent upward in the first joint, the contraction of contraction of muscles and tendons is lost. In this case, as a protective reaction of the body, corn will arise when wearing any footwear. Only surgical intervention will help.
But it must be borne in mind that the procedure for eliminating cores is not recommended for elderly people with poor health.
The operation itself is not very painful and is performed under local anesthesia. The incision that is made is so small that it does not even require a suture. And in 6-12 months you will be absolutely healthy.
Corn with a rod treatment at home: Video
To avoid the appearance of painful calluses, you should not be lazy and find time for your legs.
- Every day before going to bed, you can use softening creams for the feet.
- Maintain hygiene. When working with legs, it is necessary to put on gloves, to sterilize manicure tools.
- Do not be long on high heels, wear comfortable shoes.
- Periodically make soda-soap trays.
- If necessary, buy an orthopedic footbed.
- For severe sweating of feet, use special preparations.
Once a week, spending a little time on such prevention, you will never have to question how to remove some corn on your leg. Moreover, you will simply forget about these build-ups.
Take care of your health, do preventive maintenance and be always beautiful!