What is dry callus?
Calluses can not be called a disease, but they create a lot of problems, the main one of them is the greatest pain. Therefore, the term - to treat calluses is adopted. Usually such formations appear on the feet and toes.
The reasons for their occurrence are many, they can be both external and internal. Yellowish dense tubercles - dry calluses on the little toes of the feet - seemingly taken from nowhere, familiar to everyone, probably. What caused their appearance, how to treat these formations, how to determine whether corn or a seal similar to it appeared?
Reasons for the formation of
Internal, or exogenous, factors are not taken into account when appearing on the fingers. And in vain. After all, a dry callus with a rod on the little finger of the foot is, first of all, a violation of the trophism of the skin. Often such changes are observed in people suffering from diabetes mellitus. Appear dry calluses can and those who have skin pathology: ichthyosis, keratoderma, psoriasis. Flat feet, club foot( acquired or congenital), suffered leg trauma - all these factors significantly affect the appearance of dry calluses.
And external, endogenous, the factor of the formation of callus is, of course, shoes. Narrow, tight shoes with constant friction and squeezing in the same place almost guaranteed to provide you with dry calluses on the fingers, plus a long treatment. But too wide shoes, in which the foot "dangles", is not firmly fixed, it will also bring the same troubles. But carefully selected shoes protects a woman from a lot of unnecessary painful problems.
But before you think about how to cure a dry callus on the little finger of your leg, you need to make sure: is it corn?
Symptomatics and Diagnosis
At first glance, the diagnosis of corns is not very complicated, but it only seems so. The thing is that the wart is often masked by a wart - papilloma. Externally, it is difficult to distinguish from ordinary calluses, it develops according to other laws, and accordingly it is treated according to other schemes. Wrongly identifying the wart as a callus, you can long and unsuccessfully treat it without achieving, of course, no results. Only the doctor can make an accurate diagnosis.
Dry callus on the little toes of the feet is formed due to the fact that the treatment of dropsy( wet calluses) was carried out carelessly, and most often no one was going to treat it. Dead cells of the epidermis( bladder of water callus) form a dry callus on the skin, which gradually grows into a corn with a stem.
Corn with the rod treatment at home: Video
Getting started treatment of dry callus
How to treat the little finger on the little finger of the callus? Of course, the right thing to do first is to see a doctor. The specialist will determine what kind of corn was formed on your leg, suggest methods for its elimination. Immediately worth noting: if the corns with the stem - to remove them at home, you should not even try, because you can not remove the root yourself. Too deep it penetrates into the layers of the skin, so that it can be disposed of by domestic tools.
In the clinic you will be offered to remove such formations with liquid nitrogen or laser. The use of cryotherapy is a method of freezing the dead skin tissues, as well as the core of the callus. The procedure is practically painless, it is carried out quickly: 40-60 seconds. After a while, the corn will fall off itself, and in its place will grow new skin.
The laser therapy method works in a different direction: a dry corn with a rod on the finger is evaporated by a laser beam of high energy. A short laser session will forever forget about the calluses that tormented you.
If a pink callus appears on the little finger, its treatment is possible with the use of medicines. The doctor may recommend the use of a calendula ointment. Such a preparation will soften and disinfect the skin well.
You can try various ointments and creams in the fight against calluses. Today, there are many different drugs on sale to combat dry calluses. Before you buy the product, make sure that it contains salicylic or benzoic acid.
The best variant of the remedy against calluses is the presence of both acids. They soften the skin, allowing scraping off the dead skin with pumice stone or sharp scissors. Very good effect gives ointments "Super Antimozolin" and "Bensalitin".Unfortunately, corn with a rod is not removed by such means.
Treatment of dry calluses: Video
Home remedies against calluses
There are situations when it is difficult to get to the pharmacy or to see a doctor, and the callus torments and gives no peace. In such cases, you have to turn to folk medicine, remember grandmother's recipes and refresh knowledge about medicinal plants. Sometimes corn such as home methods, you can remove as well as using patented products.
Before you remove the dry callus on your little finger, it should be well steam out. Very well help in the fight against callus tubs with the addition of various components.
- Prepare sea salt or concentrate( the same salt mixed with coniferous oil).Take two tablespoons of one or the other, dilute in 1 liter of warm water. Dip into the solution for 15-20 minutes of the leg, and then pumice or sharp edge of the manicure scissors, gently scrape off the steamed skin.
- If you add potassium permanganate or a solution of 2% boric acid to the bath, it will perfectly help to soften the horny layers of the skin, which should also be scraped off. After the procedure, lubricate the little fingers with a fat cream.
- To soften the upper hardened layer, the bath with the addition of soda is great. For two liters of warm water, add two tablespoons of soda.
In addition to the trays, in the arsenal of home remedies, there are many recipes using the so-called improvised means. Vegetables and fruits, often decorating your table, will now act as home remedies.
- Mix in a blender fresh lemon juice and peeled onion, grease the mixture with a gauze swab and fix it on the little finger. This compress should be applied to the little finger three days in a row, before going to bed. After removing the horny skin with pumice stone.
- A vodka can also help. To do this, put a napkin soaked in vodka on the callus, wrap the little finger with compress paper or cellophane, leave it till morning. Top the woolen toe.
- An excellent potion will be a home ointment from garlic and lard. It is necessary to crush these components to a homogeneous consistency, and then lubricate the callus on the little finger 3-4 times each day. At this time, it is best to wear cotton socks.
- Fresh crushed potatoes, attached at night to the corn, help. Fingers need to be wrapped with a woolen cloth. In the morning remove the exfoliated keratinized skin with pumice or scissors.
- Try the following method: after making a softening bath, attach to the corn the black bread soaked in vinegar, fix it. In the morning, peel off the dead skin of the corn.
- Also used to treat vegetable oil. Soak the sock in the place where it touches the callus on the little finger, then put a cellophane bag on top and then another socks. In the morning, excess skin will peel off, and you will only have to carefully remove it.
Again about the reasons( reminder)
Listen to very simple advice: buy shoes of your size, observe personal hygiene rules - wash your feet more often, wear open shoes in the summer, apply a patch in case of rubbing. Such simple actions will allow you to forget for ever the dry calluses on the little toes of your legs.
How to quickly cure corn: Video