A wet callus is a very common problem. It is unlikely that there will be a man who at least once did not come across her. At first glance, such a trauma seems insignificant. We begin to treat it, pierce it, cut it off or do not pay attention to it at all, which results in sad consequences. And all because we know very little about such a commonplace phenomenon.
Causes of wet calluses
Surely you know the reasons why a damp corn appears. But it is never superfluous to update your knowledge. So, most often we rub our feet with uncomfortable shoes. Artificial non-breathing material, rough seams, a large number of straps, inappropriate size - all this leads to the fact that after a few hours of wearing such shoes, we can acquire painful rubbing.
High heels contribute to incorrect load distribution on the foot. Because of what appear corns on the fingers. A hard back or too tight shoes lead to the formation of a wet callus on the heel. Flip-flops, in turn, are often rubbed between the fingers.
If we talk about the brushes of hands, then here we get grimaces, if we work with a tool for a long time without putting on gloves.
The second main reason is wet skin. It is more easily traumatized. That's why most often we rub our feet in the spring-summer period.
A useful recipe. Treatment with potatoes
Prevention of wet calluses
Treatment of wet calluses on the legs is not a pleasant process, so it is best to do everything possible to prevent their appearance. To do this, you must follow several rules:
- Choose comfortable shoes, especially for everyday wear. She should not squeeze or spank.
- Summer shoes are better to choose from natural fabrics, as they allow legs to "breathe".From this they will not sweat and rub.
- Avoid rough seams and small straps.
- There are special shoes for sports or hiking.
- A thin socks will save you from rubbing.
- In the summer heat, when socks are completely out of place, you can use talc or special sticks from corns. Instead of sticks, hygienic lipstick, which is greased between the fingers or the seams on the shoes, is also perfect.
- Just in case, always carry a band-aid with you, especially if on that day you plan to put on a new pair of shoes.
Why calluses need to be treated
Many ignore the treatment of wet calluses on their legs, thinking that this is not so important. This should not be done for the following reasons. First, the water bubble can become infected and inflame. And secondly, if you do not finish the rubbing in the same place, then they are layered on each other. This is how the callousness is formed, which after a while can turn into a dry callus.
The most unpleasant of its kind is the rod, which is very difficult to remove. It brings tangible pain when walking and even can deform the foot and walk. To treat it requires long-term therapy. So if, as a result of wearing some shoes, you constantly have a wet callus on your foot in the same place, you have to give them up.
Treatment of Wet Corn
The best treatment is not to touch the place of rubbing. If the water bubble is a whole and a small size, then you do not need to pierce it, nor cut off the upper cuticle. You will think, but how then to get rid of damp callouses. You just have to stop the mechanical effect on the skin in this place and rinse it with clean water from the contaminants.
The absence of bandages, bandages, socks, etc. is welcome. Therefore, open an injured place at home, so that it soon dries up. Fresh air promotes faster healing of the callus. If you need to go somewhere, then seal it with a plaster, so as not to rub it even more or not to peel the skin. Try to find on sale a bactericidal plaster with holes through which the skin will breathe.
When there is a wet callus on the heel, treatment must necessarily be accompanied by a change of shoes. Choose shoes with the softest back.
Quite differently, it is necessary to act if the bubble is large, prevents walking or is located in a place where it is probably injured. This happens rarely, but still it's an excuse to pierce it yourself until it bursts. A large wet callus on the toe or on the foot should, first of all, be disinfected, like the needle that you plan to use. Then proceed according to the plan:
- Gently make a puncture at the very base of the corn, holding the needle parallel to the skin surface.
- If necessary, make a few punctures.
- Press the bubble gently to let all liquid come out of it.
- Again, treat with an antiseptic and fix if necessary with a "breathing" bandage.
- Probably, after a few hours it will be necessary to repeat the procedure, since the liquid can again be collected inside the bubble.
- Peel in any case, do not cut!
If corn burst
But how to treat wet callus, which itself has burst? The first thing you need to do is to clean it of contamination. To do this, flush the wound with soap under warm running water. Although the upper peel and not desirable to touch, but if you see under it particles of dirt, they need to be removed from there.
Your further measures should be the same as with an open wound. It must be treated with some antiseptic in the form of liquid, singing or ointment, but do not use alcohol-containing products for this purpose. Eau de cologne, green, iodine - this is not the best choice.
After treatment of the wound, apply a bandage from a sterile bandage. Need to go somewhere? Again, seal it with a band-aid. In pharmacies is sold a special remedy for wet calluses Compeed. This is a plaster that prevents the skin from further injury, and also absorbs secreted fluid from the bladder or wound. But you can use the usual band-aid.
Symptoms of corneal inflammation
Sometimes a wet callus becomes inflamed because pathogenic microorganisms get into it. This is not good and sometimes requires medical intervention. Let's look at the symptoms that indicate a complication:
- Redness and swelling have spread to surrounding tissues around the corn.
- Soreness has intensified and persists, even if you do not touch the problem site.
- You feel a ripple in the rubbed area.
- The liquid inside the bladder has become turbid.
- Yellow crusts appear on the corn.
- From the wound oozes pus.
- The corn spot is hot to the touch.
- Body temperature increased.
Do you observe one or more of these symptoms? It is best in this case to seek medical advice from a doctor. Do not consider this a trivial matter, because even a small wound can lead to big health problems. If a wet callus is inflamed, treatment should be immediate.
Folk Ways to Treat Wet Corns
For a long time people know plants and improvised products that can cope well with the removal of inflammation and painful sensations. They quickly dry and heal wounds. They can be used and when the callus on the foot does not give you rest. These include:
- Cookery or sea salt. Prepare a solution: a teaspoon of salt per liter of pure boiled water. Rinse them with a spot of corn or take a short bath.
- Plantain. The leaves of this plant should be collected away from the track and well washed. Take one leaf and rub it in the palms, and then attach it to the problem area.
- Lemon crust. The essential oil of citrus fruits contains a powerful natural antiseptic. Pribintuyte at night to a watery bladder "ass" of lemon. In the morning you will notice how your condition has improved.
- Aloe and Kalanchoe. There is nothing easier, how to get rid of a wet callus, attaching to it a leaf from an ordinary houseplant, which is practically in every house.
- Tomato juice. Lubricate occasionally a wet callus with a piece of fresh tomato. Very soon you will forget that you had such a sore.
- Camomile and Calendula. These are two well-known medicinal plants that produce a wonderful antibacterial effect. Make them infusion for the bath.
- Weak solution of potassium permanganate. It has a drying effect.
- Film from a chicken egg. Smash the raw egg and separate the delicate white film from the shell. Stick it to the corn, which from this treatment will quickly pass.
Our video. What's in the corn for a fluid
Now you know all the possible ways how to treat a wet callus. But in the absence of special need, do not touch it again. A small water bubble will dry itself after 1-2 days. More time will be needed if it bursts, but when inflammatory process be particularly vigilant and do not delay the trip to the doctor.