Are you among those 30% of women who have a fat type of facial skin? You are little pleased with the promise that with age, the type of skin will change to normal? Weakly comforts that premature wrinkles are excluded, and you do not need to endlessly use a nourishing cream? You are worried, why the skin of the face all the time glitters and inflames, and what can you do about it? To successfully monitor the situation, you need to know the reasons why your facial skin is oily?
Sources of the phenomenon, processes and their causes
The causes of oily skin and the source of your suffering - a thick layer of the epidermis and the overactive functioning of the sebaceous glands.
Stimulate the process of thickening the upper layer of the facial skin with fatty acids. This leads to squeezing the pores, and they expand. A large amount of moisture, associated with the fat cells of the skin, leads to swelling of the pores along the edges.
Add hypersecretion of sebum, which manifests itself in a fat gloss and clogs the pores, forming congestion. The pores become clogged, the breathing of the skin becomes difficult, the natural process of purification and exfoliation is disturbed.
If we take into account also bacteria that get into a favorable environment for their development, the nature of inflammation, acne and acne becomes clear. All these defects increase the pores even more. Where could these problems come from?
It's a mistake to think that it's all about not observing the basic rules of personal hygiene. Of course, one should observe the hygiene of a person. However, the reasons for the appearance of oily skin can be much greater and they are much more serious. What you can not do is ignore the problem, let the situation run its course. Neither the skin, nor the body as a whole, you will not be forgiven.
The main causes of the appearance of oily skin
- Heredity .Sebaceous glands react to the release of hormones in all, however, the sensitivity in people is different. It depends on the human genetics, and with the same hormonal level, the fat content of the skin is different. In such a situation, it only remains to accept and provide the skin with appropriate care in order to minimize negative manifestations to a minimum.
- Disturbances in the diet, namely: an excess of spicy, spicy, sweet and fatty foods .Harmful also coffee, soda, muffin, eating dry or lack of vitamins and minerals in the diet. To remove problems, you need to adjust the diet and eat balanced.
- Illiterate use of alcohol-containing cleansers , which dry the skin and further stimulate the activity of the sebaceous glands, designed to protect it.
- Passion with frequent peeling .It causes micro-trauma on the skin and, as a consequence, provocation of the hyperactivity of protective functions, i.e.even more fat production.
- Use of overly greasy cosmetics that clog the pores of the skin .Caring cosmetics should match the type of skin.
- Irritant atmospheric phenomena .High humidity of the environment or production room. Oily skin in such cases reacts by the appearance of irritation. It is necessary to think over the protection from the negative impact of the environment.
- Excess testosterone in the body .Testosterone stimulates an increase in the size of the sebaceous gland, its maturation and accelerates the production of sebum. The iron that has accumulated fat, ripening, splashes it. This reason is typical for adolescents in the period of hormonal adjustment and, more often than not, it disappears by 25. .. 30 years. However, the skin still needs proper care.
- Metabolic disorders in the body .It should be consulted by specialists.
- Health problems of internal organs: thyroid, liver, gastrointestinal tract, pancreas, adrenals .Medical help is needed here.
- Long-term stresses, increased levels of adrenaline, chronic fatigue .This is due to the fact that the nerve endings of the skin can cause an increase in the sebaceous glands and stimulate the production of fat. Stresses increase the level of testosterone androgen, directly affecting the increase in the fat content of the skin. It is necessary to avoid these factors.
- Mental diseases and other disorders in the central nervous system .Without qualified assistance in this situation, you can not.
- Chronic infectious diseases and long-term use of certain drugs .Have to carefully read the instructions or ask the doctor for side effects.
Oily skin: characteristics and features: Video
Medical risk factors for increased fat content of the face
Now you are clear that the reasons why the skin became fat, can be not only cosmetic, but also medical. Solve this problem can and should be, only competently and carefully. Otherwise, the situation may worsen and even lead to irreparable consequences.
The question "Why my skin has become so fat?" Girls and young women are more often asked. However, young men, men, and middle-aged people of both sexes face this problem. For a young man, the reasons are probably the same as for a young girl, i.e.hormonal restructuring. But for the rest the question is much deeper.
Reasons for women
In addition to the general causes of oily skin, described above, there are purely feminine mechanisms for the occurrence of this phenomenon. Namely:
- Abuse of contraceptives.
- Hormonal disorders associated with critical days.
- Ovarian diseases that increase the production of male hormones.
- Vegetosovascular dystonia.
Causes of oily skin of the face and body in men
It is proved that the most powerful stimulants of the sebaceous glands are male sex hormones( androgens).Therefore, the problem of oily skin is more common in the male part of the population. It is often expressed as seborrhea.
It happens that this pattern occurs when a male anabolic steroids are used to build muscle. It should also be noted that the sudden appearance of seborrhea is sometimes caused by a testicular tumor.
Mask with kefir for oily skin: Video
Seborrhea: how serious is it?
There are cases when you have to talk not just about the oily skin of the face, but about seborrhea or seborrheic dermatitis. What signs can be a signal to such diagnosis?
The presence of seborrhea or seborrheic dermatitis can be suspected if:
- oily skin is present on the face and other parts of the body;
- fat content is accompanied by inflammatory processes - acne, acne, acne and the like;
- you are long over 30, and the skin is still oily and the problems do not disappear or suddenly suddenly appeared.
What is seborrhea and seborrheic dermatitis
It happens that the functions of the sebaceous glands are violated, provoking increased isolation of defective, with insufficient content of unsaturated fatty acids, sebum. The bactericidal properties of the released fat decrease, the antimicrobial property of the skin decreases.
Conditions for infection development appear. To greasy luster, enlarged pores, comedones are added inflamed pimples, acne, acne and other foci of inflammation. This is seborrhea.
Seborrhea is not a disease, it's just an imbalance of skin processes and a cosmetic defect. It affects other than the skin of the face and other areas of the body. This can be any area where there are sebaceous glands. However, the face, the scalp, the inguinal folds, the armpits, the back and the chest
are most often affected. First of all, the nose, nasolabial triangle, forehead and chin suffer on the face. On the chest - a decollete area, folds under the mammary glands, on the back - the central part of it. This is due to the fact that it is in these parts of the body that the sebaceous glands are particularly large( 400. .. 900 per square centimeter) and they are quite large.
Causes of oily skin of the body can be in functional neuroendocrine disorders. For example, it can be vegetative dystonia. In such a situation, the level of androgens rises, and estrogens decrease, i.e.there is an imbalance of male and female sex hormones. Such an endocrine shift and can cause seborrhea. Symptoms of it increase if the diet is a lot of spicy, salty and sweet food or ignored basic hygiene.
Most often, teenagers suffer from seborrhoea due to hormonal adjustment during puberty. Seborrhea is also possible in adult men and women, if there is an elevated content of male sex hormones in the blood. In such cases, the production of sebum exceeds the norm, its excretion from the glands is disrupted. As a consequence, barrier functions fall, and an infection can develop. Propensity to seborrhea is hereditary.
In 10% of cases, seborrhea becomes chronic. This happens when the fault of the problems of oily skin is no longer a violation of the sebaceous glands, but a prolonged inflammatory disease. This disease is called seborrheic dermatitis.
As you can see, there are a lot of reasons for the appearance of oily skin. Therefore, oily skin requires a lot of attention and finding out exactly your reasons. Required care and, often, specialist advice is required. The dermatologist will appoint the necessary examination, and the cosmetologist will teach the methods of care and will advise the means suitable for your case. Much you can do to improve the situation with the skin and yourself.
Oily skin of the face is not a sentence, but a plan for your cosmetic strategy!
Treatment of seborrhea folk remedies: Video