This kind of surgical intervention, like scraping the uterine cavity, is used in gynecology with a therapeutic and diagnostic purpose. This procedure is called curettage. It consists in removing the functional( superficial) layer of the mucous membrane in the uterus. In addition, scrape the cervical canal located in the cervix and connect the vagina with the cavity of the genital organ.
Apply surgery for uterine bleeding, endometrial hyperplasia, mucosal polyps, endometritis, complications after abortion, to remove the remaining after-birth fragments of the fetal egg and placenta. For the purpose of diagnosis curettage is carried out with changes on the cervix or mucous membrane of the uterus, abundant and prolonged with a period of clots, bloody discharge from the vagina between menstruation, frozen pregnancy, infertility, while preparing for gynecological operations. After cleaning, the received material is sent for examination. Scraping is used not only for diagnostic and therapeutic purposes, but also for abortion.
Effects of scraping
All manipulations are performed blindly with the help of special tools, so violations are possible. It is important to be able to distinguish between natural discharge and pathological bleeding after scraping.
Like any operation, curettage can have complications. It depends on the doctor's experience, the length of the manipulations, the causes of scraping, genital organs diseases, observance of aseptic rules( processing of materials, instruments, doctor's hands), the quality of the operation performed. In addition, bleeding after curettage can occur in women with poor blood coagulability. Prolonged discharge of blood can be associated with hormonal disorders.
Normal allocation of
Virtually all women after scraping have spotting. The fact is that during surgery, the entire surface layer of the endometrium is removed, and the uterus cavity becomes a continuous wound, which will bleed for a certain time. In fact, bleeding after a diagnostic or any other curettage is no different from menstrual, in which there is a rejection of the functional layer of the mucous uterus.
Gradually their intensity decreases, they become smearing and gradually stop. In addition to excreta, after scraping, the lower abdomen and lower back may ache. Drawing pains are associated with contraction of the uterus.
What is the blood test for MNO?
Complications after curettage occur for various reasons. This is a long operation, and violation of the norms for processing instruments, materials, hands of the surgeon, and poor quality scraping, that is, fragments of the placenta and pathological mucosa were left. With the use of a hysteroscope during surgery, complications occur more rarely. Thanks to the optical device, the doctor can see the uterus from the inside and assess how well the operation is performed. In addition, the hysteroscope reduces the risk of damage with a special instrument for curettage( curettage) of the muscular layer of the uterus.
Pathological bleeding can be distinguished from normal discharge by a number of features. Complications after scraping include the following pathologies:
- Prolonged bleeding. Pathologies are the discharge of blood lasting more than 10 days. As a rule, they are associated with hormonal imbalance, scraping in the middle of the cycle, the remnants of pathological tissues in the uterus.
- Endometritis. Inflammatory process in the endometrium layer develops when streptococci, staphylococci, gonococci and other pathogens enter the uterine cavity in the case of improperly treated instruments. The cause of inflammation may be the presence of left fragments of the fetal egg and other pathological substrate. In this case, the secretion usually has an unpleasant smell, the color is reminiscent of meat slops, can be both intense and bloody, and in the form of a sugary. This raises the temperature, there are pains in the lower abdomen.
- Blood accumulation in the uterus. This disease is called a "hematometer".Blood clots can not leave the uterine cavity due to the closure of the cervical canal. The hematometer is characterized by an increase in temperature, cramping severe pain in the lower abdomen, a sharp cessation of bleeding after 2 days after the operation.
After curettage, abdominal pain is possible, as with normal menstruation
Treatment of uterine bleeding after scraping is to reduce blood loss, otherwise anemia may develop. To do this, write out haemostatic drugs and uterine contracting drugs. With infectious diseases, a course of antibiotic therapy is prescribed. In some cases, you may need a second scraping, blood transfusion. In cases of hormonal imbalance, the endocrinologist needs help.
In addition to drug therapy, after scraping requires a full meal. It is recommended to consume more foods that have a positive effect on hematopoiesis. These include garnet, red meat, liver beef, buckwheat.
Video on methods of stopping uterine bleeding:
Women need to know that bleeding after diagnostic curettage is normal if their duration does not exceed 10 days and resembles normal menstruation. To suspect a pathology it is possible on following signs:
- Allotments do not stop, although it took more than ten days after the operation.
- Bleeding is abundant and lasts for several hours, gaskets quickly fill( for 1-2 hours).
- Allocations abruptly disappeared one to two days after scraping, a severe pain in the abdomen appeared. This may indicate the formation of blood clots in the uterus.
- Allocations have an unpleasant smell and color, as in meat slops, which indicates the presence of infection.
- Body temperature increased.
- Severe pain in the lower abdomen does not go away after taking painkillers.
- A woman experiences weakness, dizziness, down to unconsciousness.
In these cases, you need to consult a doctor quickly for help.