Any changes during menstruation cause anxiety in women. Almost everyone has experienced such a phenomenon as blood clots with menstruation. The reasons for this can be different - from completely harmless to serious diseases, requiring the intervention of doctors.
What happens with menstruation?
Every month, regardless of the woman's desire, her uterus prepares to take a fertilized egg. Under the influence of hormones begins to thicken the inner layer of the uterus - the endometrium. If pregnancy does not occur, the level of hormones decreases, the blood supply of the mucous membrane of the inner surface of the uterus ceases, the endometrium is rejected and withdrawn through the genital tracts to the outside. Thus, menstrual flow is a complex mixture consisting of blood, mucus, endometrial particles, vaginal cells.
Blood clots at monthly -
norm This phenomenon during menstruation does not always indicate the presence of pathology. It is possible that the monthly flow is normal, and you should not worry. As is known, these days the dying and the endometrium is dying out, which becomes loose and thick during the cycle. That is, menstrual discharge by itself is not liquid by itself, as it consists not only of blood, but also of the tissues of the inner membrane of the uterus and glandular secretions. In addition, their consistency and color change day by day.
Usually, blood clots leave immediately as soon as a woman gets out of bed after sleeping or from a chair after a long sitting. This is due to the fact that the blood in the uterus is stagnant in a recumbent or sitting position and begins to coagulate, forming clots. As soon as a woman gets up, they go outside, and this is not a deviation from the norm.
In order for menstrual flow easier to exit, special enzymes-anticoagulants inhibit blood clotting. If the bleeding is abundant, the enzymes can not cope with their task and some of the blood coagulates into the vagina. That's why it comes out in the form of clots.
One of the reasons for the appearance of large clots in menstrual flow is endometrial hyperplasia
Possible causes of blood clots in menstruation are various diseases and conditions. These include the following:
Blood clots in the uterus after scraping
- Hormonal imbalance. If the glands of internal secretion fail, a cycle break occurs, which is manifested by strong brown secretions with clots during menstruation.
- Myoma of the uterus. This is a benign tumor in which there is a violation of the menstrual cycle. In this case, the discharge is usually abundant, the blood can come out in large clots.
- Endometrial hyperplasia. With this pathology, the inner layer of the uterus expands, which can be due to hypertension, obesity, diabetes, hormonal imbalance. In this case, during the menses, dark large clots emerge.
- Polyposis of the endometrium. In this disease, the inner layer lining the uterus lumen develops, according to the type of polyps. In this regard, possible monthly with blood clots, in the lower abdomen may appear pain.
- For a month after giving birth, a woman can have huge clots that come out with blood, which is normal. You should consult a doctor if the temperature rises: it is possible that fragments of the placenta remain in the reproductive organ.
- Intrauterine device. In the presence of a foreign body in the uterus during menstruation, blood clots can be released.
- Endometriosis. It is characterized by an expansion of the endometrium beyond the inner layer of the uterus. In this case, the monthly ones become painful, longer, irregular, the amount of blood given out increases.
- Dysfunction of the blood coagulation system. It begins to coagulate in the cavity of the genital organ, because the factors that prevent hemocoagulation do not work.
- Clots can appear in the period of infectious diseases, accompanied by fever, for example, in ARVI.
- Malformations of the uterus. As a rule, they are genetically determined. These are pathologies such as an intrauterine device, bending of the uterus, a double or a single-horned uterus, and others. The formation of clots in such anomalies is explained by the fact that the exit of menstrual blood from the uterus is difficult due to the pathological structure of the organ, and coagulation begins in its cavity. In women with such vices, menstruation is usually painful enough. Ectopic pregnancy. With this pathology, brown discharge, high fever, severe abdominal pain are possible.
- Plentiful discharge of blood with clots can be observed in infectious diseases of the pelvic organs.
- The cause of such secretions may become excess in the body of vitamin B.
When to see a doctor?
When large clots appear during menstruation, you should consult a gynecologist, especially if the discharge is copious, prolonged and accompanied by pain.
. Do not worry if the menstrual periods come on regularly, there are no pains or they are mild.
To go to a gynecologist for clots with monthly ones is necessary in such situations:
- Menstruation lasts more than a week, allocation is abundant.
- Pregnancy is planned, and attempts are made to conceive. In this case, the excretions can indicate that there was a rejection of the egg, and a miscarriage occurred.
- Allocations during the month contain large clots with an unpleasant odor.
- A woman experiences severe pain during menstruation. This can be a sign of inflammatory processes or hormonal disorders.
Small clots that come out with monthly, this is normal. Every woman reacts very sensitively to any changes occurring in the body, and will immediately notice if the nature of the secretions has changed. If bleeding is abundant, the clots are large, there are a lot of them, besides they are accompanied by painful sensations that were not previously observed, it is necessary to make an appointment with a gynecologist and be examined.