Almost all mothers pay close attention to what kind of feces the child has. Such attention is fully justified, since often it reflects the very initial and negative changes that occur in the intestine. Namely, special attention should be paid to mucus in the stool.
- 1 What mucus in the stool can say
- 2 Causes of mucus appearance
- 3 Diarrhea with mucus
- 4 White mucus
- 5 When to call an ambulance
- 6 What to do when mucus appears in the stool
What mucus in the feces can tell
The appearance of mucus in the feces of a child can say the following:
- Breast milk is not sterile. If the mother feeds the baby with a breast and has started diarrhea with mucus, then first of all it is necessary to check it for sterility. If doctors find something, they will prescribe a course of treatment after which everything should come back to normal
- Intolerance to cow's milk, also called lactase deficiency
- If a woman is breastfeeding, then her diet contains allergens that cause the appearance of mucus
- Child began to introduce lures, mainly vegetable purees, and the intestine gradually adapts to them and gets used to
- . There are problems with the intestines, which can be accurately determined by testing the
- . The child has a little cold
- Not always the mucus that is present in the feces of a child, indicates that there are serious problems.
- Most often it's just a reaction of the immune system and intestines to new products.
The causes of the appearance of mucus
In feces the child is almost always present with mucus, only the amount of it is so small that it is even imperceptible. But then, when it becomes much - it is a sign of developing problems with the intestines, namely the signal that the body is fighting infection. There are several reasons why mucus may develop in the feces of a baby:
- Cold. It would seem, how can the cold affect the intestines. But often in children this is a protective reaction, in addition, the amount of mucus will be small, and it will not cause anxiety
- Taking medications that can have a negative effect on the mucosa of the baby's intestines. These include antibiotics, since koans kill all the beneficial bacteria in the intestine, and it becomes vulnerable
- Intestinal infection, during which, in addition to mucus in the stool, there are many other dangerous symptoms. In addition, a large amount of mucus speaks of the strongest process of fighting infection, since the intestines are protected as best they can. Depending on what kind of infection has entered the intestine, the nature of mucus secretions, as well as its color and odor, will depend on
- Rotavirus infection, during which the child experiences general malaise, and the amount of mucus is small
- Parasites that gradually destroy the mucous, forcingher defense
- Thrush, or as it is called, candidiasis
Autoimmune origin of infections in the intestine
- Inflammation of the rectum
- Inflammation of the intestinal wall
- Dysbacteriosis, especiallyabout the periods of exacerbation, when the mucus becomes larger, and the feces are all the more dense.
- Breastfeeding. Of course, this is a rare reason for the appearance of mucus in the stool, but still occurs
One of the most dangerous causes of mucus in the feces of a child is an intestinal infection, since during itthere are many symptoms that lead to a significant deterioration in the child's condition, as well as to dehydration. And it is known that if a child loses even a small amount of water, it can lead to death.
Diarrhea with mucus
Special attention should be paid to the moment when the child has diarrhea with mucus. This is the main symptom of dysbiosis, which appears mainly after taking strong antibiotics, which completely killed the beneficial intestinal microflora. To know exactly whether a child has dysbacteriosis, it is necessary to pass special tests of feces, which will show the content of useful and harmful bacteria. It is not uncommon when there are practically no useful bacteria, and just at this time the child begins diarrhea with mucus, which is sometimes accompanied by sharp bouts in the abdomen. After the pain subsides, the child goes to the toilet.
In most cases, the urge to excrement appears just ten minutes after eating, and the baby will push, as if the chair is not liquid, but very solid.
Immediately need to say that you should not be afraid of dysbiosis, as it can be controlled with the help of prebiotics, which will help restore the intestinal microflora and improve the overall condition. In addition, the inclusion of sour-milk products in the diet will also have a positive effect and affect the rate of recovery of the intestine. If we talk about medicines, then when there is diarrhea with mucus it is necessary to give the child Smektu. It is an excellent absorbent and removes all harmful substances, and moreover contributes to strengthening the stool. The dosage depends on the age of the baby.
In the event that in parallel with Smektoy the doctor prescribed some other drugs for the treatment of dysbacteriosis, then they should be given strictly two hours after taking Smekty, since the drug can simply be withdrawn without starting to act. In the event that the diarrhea with mucus is repeated many times, and the child is small enough, it is better to call an ambulance or go to a pediatrician who will recommend medications with which you can alleviate the condition of the child.
One of the most common phenomena is white mucus in the feces of a child. It is very easy to notice, because it immediately stands out by its color. If the mother found this in her baby's bowel movements, then the cause could be:
- Inflammation of the intestinal wall that led to the deposition of epithelial cells
- Taking medications, the main side effect of which will be the dysbacteriosis
- Poor nutrition, namely the presence of allergens in the food that cause inflammation of the wallsintestines
- Intolerance to milk, namely cow. Today, more and more often parents buy children either goat's milk, or special food made on the basis of goat milk
- Parasites that penetrated the intestines. Small children constantly pull their hands in their mouths, and also take other people's toys and lick them, thereby collecting all the pathogenic bacteria and microbes that can be found. If the mucus has been found in such feces, it is necessary to consult a doctor immediately, since the condition of the babywill deteriorate every day.
He becomes capricious, constantly cries, refuses even his favorite food, does not want to play, and most importantly, complains of abdominal pain. But if the baby is less than a year, then do not pull and try to treat it yourself. It is better to call an ambulance and go straight to the hospital. Where very quickly the normal state of the child will be restored and treated accordingly.Read: Gallbladder with a kink in the neck: features of the disease, treatment of
When you need to call an ambulance
Although the mucus can disappear by itself or go through with time, there are cases when it is urgent to call an ambulance:
- Ifdiarrhea with mucus in parallel is accompanied by a strong and incessant vomiting
- Body temperature increased significantly
- In the stool there is blood
- The baby croaks more than twelve times a day, and the liquid
- If the child is not gaining weight badly, namely, the increase is less than 125 grams per month
- Bad breath from the mouth
- Urination about 6 times a day, with a bad urine odor
If the following symptoms were found, it is best to call an ambulance, so as not to delay the process for a long time and not to develop complications.
What to do with the appearance of mucus in the stool
Many parents are wondering what to do if the baby suddenly has mucus in the stool. First of all, you need to pay attention to whether this is a one-time phenomenon or a permanent one. In the event that such stool was one or two times, and while the child behaves as usual( playing, indulging), then there is no reason for panic.
But if a child goes to the toilet often, while there is none as such, and there is only mucus, it is necessary to give the child Pancreatin, Smektu. Sometimes a doctor can appoint either Enterol or Enterofuril.
Mucus in the feces of a child - a fairly common phenomenon, the main thing is to react to it correctly and not start to panic. If all the same mom worries more than ever, it's better to be safe and call a doctor or an ambulance.
How dangerous is diarrhea and other digestive disorders for the child, will tell the video:
Tell your friends!