Cheremsha( bear onions, wild garlic) grows throughout Europe, except for the Tundra. This perennial plant, whose leaves resemble a lily of the valley, and the smell of bear onions is very similar to garlic. The use of the plant is superior to the use of onion and garlic combined, and its unique taste allows you to prepare tasty vitamin dishes. Cheremsh can be found in almost all countries: from Turkey to Norway. It grows well in the kitchen gardens, it's not very demanding. But most often wild wild garlic is used. You can find it in the forests, as well as along the banks of rivers.
Residents of the Caucasus eat caramel with black bread and salt, like a normal onion or garlic. In traditional Russian cuisine, only leaves are usually used, which must be collected before the flowering of the plant.
Growing bear onions in early spring, when the air temperature reaches 10-12 degrees. In some regions, wild garlic is even listed in the Red Book, its mass collection is prohibited. The cherry grows to 40 cm in height. It tastes very much like onions and garlic. Use wild garlic in fresh form for the preparation of salads, soups, and also as fillings for pies. The grass can be marinated, sour and salted.
Table of contents:
- Useful properties of wild garlic
- Sweet cherry for women's beauty
- How to store wild garlic
- How to choose fresh wild garlic
Useful properties of wild garlic
The use of the plant was known to people even in ancient centuries. Already in ancient Egypt and Rome wild garlic was considered a unique plant that was able to:
- Purify the gastrointestinal tract and blood.
- Improve digestion.
- Stimulate the appetite.
- Organic acids.
- Microelements, microelements.
- Vitamins( A, B, C).
- Essential oils.
Sweet cherry contains a lot of vitamin C - 10 times more than in citrus. The content of ascorbic acid in wild garlic depends on the place where it grows. Cheremsha, growing in the mountains, contains a huge amount of ascorbic acid. It perfectly replenishes the lack of vitamins in the body and is an indispensable source of useful microelements in early spring, when all systems and human organs are weakened. Useful Properties:
Use of garlic:
- Sweeten perfectly cleanses the blood. That is why in the Middle Ages it was used to prevent cholera, plague and other dangerous diseases.
- The bear's bow stimulates the production of gastric juice, it increases appetite.
- Wild garlic improves intestinal motility, removes toxins and toxins from the body.
- Excellent stimulates the cardiovascular system, normalizes blood pressure.
- Prevents the accumulation of cholesterol in the blood.
- Cheresha is very useful for eating with avitaminosis, loss of strength and reduced immunity.
- Lotion from lemon grass is used for radiculitis, rheumatism and purulent otitis. Recipe for tincture : 10-20 grams of garlic should be poured with 1 glass of boiling water and insist for about an hour.
- Leaves of wild garlic - an excellent bactericidal agent: if 2-3 minutes slowly chew a leaf of wild garlic, the whole pathogenic flora on the mucous membrane of the mouth will die from phytoncides emerging from the fibers of the plant.
- Cheremsh has long been used as an anthelmintic.
- The bear's onion perfectly helps with thyroid ailments.
- Wild garlic can strengthen the nervous system.
Sweet cherry for women's beauty
Wild garlic bulbs are used to make facial masks with whitening effect. Its use is also in the bactericidal effect on the skin: rashes and pustules on the face will disappear.
Recipe for whitening mask :
- 100 grams of onion bulbs finely chopped.
- Mix with 200 ml of curdled milk until smooth.
- Let it infuse for 10-20 minutes.
- Then you need to moisten the gauze in the gruel, and gently put it on your face.
- Keep the mask for about 20 minutes.
- It is desirable to wash off the gruel from the skin with water, with the addition of lemon juice.
Mask prescription for freckles :
- Prepare a tablespoon of sour cream, a tablespoon of lemon juice, 3 finely chopped heads of carrot.
- Mix all the ingredients.
- Apply the mask on face and keep for about 20 minutes.
- Wash off with warm water.
Bear onions can bring not only health benefits, but harm. Since wild garlic is a very strong coconut, it is not recommended for people with gastritis, ulcers, pancreatitis, hepatitis. In the presence of such diseases, wild garlic is contraindicated to use, because it can provoke an exacerbation of the disease.
Do not recommend the use of wild garlic for women during pregnancy, despite the fact that its benefits exceed the benefits of all other vegetables. During breastfeeding, women should not eat caramel, as it gives a strong taste and smell of breast milk. A kid may simply not want to take a breast or even abandon it altogether.
Sweet cherry can harm allergy sufferers: it can cause nasopharyngeal edema, rashes on the skin and other allergic manifestations. Therefore, if you are going to try it for the first time, start with a few leaves, and carefully watch your state of health.
Important: Collect wild onions very carefully, because it looks like a lily of the valley. Lily of the valley leaves are poisonous and dangerous to the body, they can cause harm.
To distinguish wild garlic from a poisonous flower will help a strong garlic smell.
In addition, you need to know the extent and use no more than 5-10 leaves of wild garlic per day. If overdone, there may be insomnia, upset stomach and heart problems.
How to store the wild garlic
It is desirable to store wild garlic in the refrigerator by wrapping it in a food film or simply in a plastic bag. So it can retain its useful properties for about 4 days. You can also simply put a bunch of wild garlic in a glass of water, like a bouquet of flowers. In addition, the plant can be frozen: the leaves must be washed, dried, cut, placed in a bag or tray and sent to a freezer.
How to choose fresh wild garlic
When buying, you need to carefully inspect the leaves of the plant: they should not be sluggish and rude. Rough leaves are a sign that the wild cherry is harvested after flowering. Sluggish leaflets say that the plant was cut long ago and it can not be eaten, in this form the grass can harm the body.
You need to choose green leaves without any stains. And most importantly - do not confuse the wild garlic with lilies of the valley, which are very poisonous and unfit for consumption.