Therapeutic exercises with osteochondrosis. Exercises for the treatment of osteochondrosis with video.
This technique is one of the main non-pharmacological methods of complex therapy for osteochondrosis. Any exercises to correct and treat problems with the spine, should be done only after consultation with the attending physician.
What is it for?
Recall that under osteochondrosis doctors mean systemic dystrophic disorders of articular cartilage. To get rid of this problem quickly and with the help of any one medicine is simply impossible. Only complex therapy, which includes the use of a whole group of medicines, massage, physiotherapy and gymnastics, can alleviate the condition of the patient and help him recover.
If osteochondrosis has been detected in a neglected stage, then a full recovery may take years, sometimes surgical intervention is required. In some cases, complete recovery is not possible at all, so gymnastics helps keep the skeletal corset normal, so that the patient's condition does not deteriorate.
If osteochondrosis is caused by physiological causes, in particular aging, then exercise therapy becomes the main supporting factor that helps strengthen the back muscles, as medications, especially chondroprotectors, do not have the proper effect on the spine in old age on the spine.
Gymnastics on statistical medical data, effectively helps in eighty percent of cases.
Basic principles of
- Any gymnastic measures do not cause pain.
- Gymnastics should be canceled in cases of exacerbations of osteochondrosis and re-used in the remission phase.
- Be sure to alternate the classes of exercises for tension and relaxation of the muscles, distributing them evenly.
- Gymnastics are carried out as smoothly as possible, with a normal body posture, without sharp traumatic movements.
Gymnastics for cervical osteochondrosis
About this type of disease can be read here, and below we will talk about the most effective exercises.
Exercises performed while standing
- Become in the base position( feet shoulder width apart, body in level position).Slowly tilt your head first into one, and then to the other side, lingering on the peak for 10-15 seconds and straining your neck muscles. Repeat the cycle fifteen times.
- From the basic position described above, tilt the head forward, and then back, lingering at the peak of the swarms for 10-15 seconds and straining the muscles of the neck. Only fifteen approaches.
- From the starting position, turn your head to the side, pointing the chin first to one, and then to the second shoulder and lingering on the peak for ten seconds. Only fifteen approaches.
- From the position of standing with an even head, do the following manipulations: describe the chin figures from zero to nine, making a wide amplitude before the onset of pain. Only four approaches.
Exercises from the lying position
- Lie on your back, on a flat, strictly horizontal structure( preferably a hard floor).Raise your head above the surface, trying to touch the chin with your chest, and fix it in the raised state for ten seconds and lower it. Only ten approaches.
- From the above lying position, lift the head in such a way that it is parallel to the floor surface. Fix it for ten seconds and release it. Only ten approaches.
- From a lying position, raise your head, directing your chin to the ceiling. Fix your head for ten seconds, then let go. Implement ten approaches.
Gymnastics for osteochondrosis of the thoracic spine
- Get straight, leveling your back. Slowly bend your back, leaning forward, while the chin reaches for your stomach, and your shoulders against each other. Lock the position for ten seconds, bring the shoulder blades together and straighten up, throwing your head back. Only ten approaches.
- From the standing position, raise the shoulders as high as possible, alternately ten times each and holding them in the upper position for 10-15 seconds. Carry out ten approaches for each shoulder.
- Perform unhurried maximum wide circular motion alternately left and right shoulder, 10-15 times in each direction.
- From the standing position, make inclines on the sides, pulling the hands along the trunk to the knees and fixing the body positions on the peak for ten seconds. Totally ten approaches.
- Stand straight. Place your fists in the lower back area under the shoulder blades. As much as possible, gently bend the back back, fixing the position for ten seconds. Lean forward, bending your back and clasping your body with your arms crosswise in front. In total it is necessary to make ten approaches.
Exercises for the treatment of lumbar spine osteochondrosis
- From standing position, place your hands on your waist, slowly bending forward( your back is straight).After reaching the final point, straighten and lean back. Only ten approaches.
- Do not stand on all fours with a straight back. Slowly "pass" hands on the floor first to the left, then to the right, so that the back remains parallel to the floor, but bends to the appropriate side. Fifteen approaches in each direction.
- From a lying position on the floor, strain the abdominal press, maximally pressing the back into the horizontal surface and fixing the position for ten seconds. Do fifteen such approaches.
- Lie on your back on the floor, legs bent at the knees. Drag your left elbow to the right knee, fixing the peak position for five seconds, then right elbow to the left. Only ten double approaches.
- From a recumbent position, pull your hands behind your head and stretch yourself as much as possible on the floor, making the main effort around the back and holding the stretch peak for ten seconds. Do this three or four times.
Instead of afterword
After the above procedures, you need to lie for ten minutes in the most relaxed position, let's rest all the muscles of the back. On average, one set of exercises is done fifteen to twenty minutes, it must be done daily, two to three times a day. However, in any case, in occasion of any such exercises, it is necessary to consult with the doctor in advance: he will write out the corresponding complex and give additional recommendations based on the stage of the disease, the features of his course, the patient's age, the presence of functional and physical limitations, and other factors.
Except for gymnastics, do not hammer in other elements of complex therapy of osteochondrosis - preparations, massage, physiotherapy procedures of a wide spectrum. Quickly you recovery and always be in good shape!