What are the indications in the instructions for the use of hydrogen peroxide? Bleeding from the nose, superficial wounds, tonsillitis, tonsillitis, stomatitis, inflammation of the mucosa, etc. This is a standard list of problems that helps to eliminate the antiseptic substance. In addition, speaking of hydrogen peroxide, it is impossible not to say about its property to brighten the enamel of teeth. But will not this kind of bleaching hurt?
- 1 Water plus oxygen atom is hydrogen peroxide
- 2 Action of peroxide on enamel
- 3 Indications for use
- 4 Contraindications
- 5 Methods for bleaching
- 5.1 Rinsing
- 5.2 Cleaning enamel with peroxide with the addition of soda
- 5.2.1 How to whiten your teeth at home( video)
- 5.3 Method of enriching toothpaste
- 5.3.1 Teeth whitening for 2 minutes( video)
- 6 Advice on whitening
- 7 Pros and cons of whitening
- 8 Opinion of dentists
- 9 Reviewsyou
Water plus oxygen atom is peroxide hydrogen
The hydrogen peroxide( H2O2) formula is very similar to the formula of water( H2O).However, they have different properties. For example, light affects the antiseptic agent is fatal. It destroys an extra oxygen atom and turns peroxide into plain water, which is why the product in pharmacies is sold in dark glass and plastic. But even blackout does not guarantee the goods preservation of properties for a long period. When purchasing a container with a substance, look at its expiration date!
Effect of peroxide on enamel
The enamel of teeth when treated with hydrogen peroxide on the eyes becomes lighter due to the release of oxygen. He, being by nature a powerful cleaner, actively penetrates into the plaque on the teeth and oxidizes it from the inside, then to destroy. During oxidation, the contamination from the surface of the enamel is removed.
But does the condition of the teeth suffer from the procedure? There is no definitive answer. The degree of harm caused by the drug depends on the method of bleaching and compliance with the rules of procedure.
Indications for use
Doctors advise not to clarify enamel of teeth. Experts believe that bleaching is effective only in the case when:
- a person naturally has yellow or gray teeth;
- teeth noticeably darkened due to tobacco, coffee and other beverages that change their color;
- toothpastes with fluorine content provoked the appearance of yellowness;
- reception of antibiotics "painted" teeth in yellow;
- tooth enamel does not please the initial whiteness due to the fact that the body is old.
Important! To inflict minimal harm to the teeth, get only 3 percent peroxide!
Teeth whitening with hydrogen peroxide is contraindicated when:
- is pregnant, breast-feeding;
- diseases of the mouth and gums;
- periodontitis, periodontitis;
- enamel sensitivity to cold, heat;
- congenital thinning of enamel;
- presence of carious lesions or seals in large quantities;
- open pulp;
- oncology of the mucosa and throat;
- braces available;
- reaction to peroxide.
Methods of bleaching
The most popular bleaching methods are:
- Cleaning enamel peroxide with the addition of soda.
- Enrichment of the paste with hydrogen peroxide.
With the help of hydrogen peroxide, it is possible to lighten the tooth enamel by about 1-2 tones.
The simplest and least effective way to lighten the enamel is rinse.
During the procedure, try not to swallow the rinse aid. Otherwise, you can damage the stomach tissue.
For bleaching, you need 30 ml of a 3% liquid( this is approximately two tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide).We rinse your mouth for about a minute. The solution in the mouth will foam a little - this is normal, since peroxide, reacting with a layer of contamination, forms bubbles.
After a minute, the teeth can be rinsed with water and cleaned.
Cleaning of enamel with peroxide with the addition of soda
To clarify the enamel, mix a teaspoon of 3% hydrogen peroxide with soda( 8 mg, or 1-2 teaspoons of soda).As a result, a homogeneous mass is obtained, to which a small amount of usual toothpaste( for flavoring), a drop of mint( if desired) and a pinch of salt are added.
On the teeth, the mixture is applied with a moist toothbrush and left on the surface for up to two minutes. Then rinse, mouth rinse, clean with the usual toothpaste to remove the residue of peroxide from the mouth.
How to whiten your teeth at home( video)
Method of enriching toothpaste
In case of emergency use a gentle and effective way to clean the enamel from any type of contamination. To do this, mix a teaspoon of soda, a teaspoon of lemon juice and two drops of hydrogen peroxide. The resulting composition is applied to the enamel with a napkin. Wait two minutes and rinse. Teeth are cleaned with paste.
Teeth whitening for 2 minutes( video)
Tips for whitening
Since our goal is not only to whiten your teeth, but also to preserve enamel health, let's remember the rules that allow you to minimize the harm from the procedure to a minimum.
- . Enamel enamel is possible only in the absence of an allergic reaction to peroxide. To determine its presence easily - just moisten the wrist drug and within a day wait for a reaction to peroxide. The absence of redness on the skin indicates that there is no allergy.
- Only 3% peroxide is suitable for lightening the teeth.
- The presence of wounds or ulcers on the mucosa in the mouth is a serious reason for refusing to bleach.
- Only a doctor can judge the condition of the enamel. Therefore, do not neglect the advice of a specialist.
- Increasing the time of the effect of the composition on the enamel leads to the appearance of caries, and then to tooth loss - remember this
- Duration of clarification of the enamel paste with peroxide - two weeks, rinsing - 7 days. A treatment with soda can be done only once a week. You can repeat the course four times a year.
- H2O2 loses its properties when in contact with air. If the vial is open, use it immediately.
- To save effect after the procedure, give up eating and drinking for 30 minutes.
- Any negative reaction during tooth cleaning is a signal to stop the procedure immediately. Tingling of the mucosa to the category of negative does not apply.
Pros and cons of bleaching
Undoubtedly, peroxide bleaching has both pluses and minuses.
availability of the substance and a small cost
possibility of damaging the hard tissues of the tooth, as peroxide has the property of penetrating the tooth structure
|ease of use||risk of mucosal and gingival damage - if the substance usage rules are violated|
|real effect achieved||procedure ineffectiveness -peroxide can clarify the enamel by not more than two tones|
|no need for special equipment or knowledge||possibility of washing out of the toothin the necessary substances and minerals, the appearance of white spots on the teeth|
|disinfection of the mouth, that is, reduced risk of caries||disappearance of natural shine|
|saving time and money for visiting the dentist||injuring the esophagus when the solution gets inside|
|the appearance of increased sensitivity of the tooth|
At first glance, the procedure has more minuses than pluses. What do doctors think about it?
The opinion of dentists
Dentists agree that whitening with hydrogen peroxide can be carried out independently, if all safety measures are observed.
Home whitening, of course, is very different from the procedures performed in clinics. Dentistry uses a 15 percent substance. On its basis, a mixture is prepared, which is combined with remineralizing gels containing glycerin. It protects teeth from possible destruction.
I make such a paste: half a teaspoon of soda per 20 drops of peroxide and 2 drops of lemon juice, the plaque removes perfectly, the teeth immediately noticeably whiter and, in principle, not very nasty to taste, like ordinary soda. .. and the gums do not bleed. Often, I think, it is impossible, but once a week, I think, there will be no harm. ..
http: //www.woman.ru/beauty/medley2/thread/4029305/2/ # m37413448
I just experienced it myself. She cleaned toothpaste and poured peroxide on the brush with a bottle. I cleaned it for three minutes, and then with a cotton bud, moistened with peroxide, every tooth chafed. And the result is super.
http: //www.woman.ru/beauty/medley2/thread/4029305/2/ # m38634746
I rinse my mouth for 3 weeks at night with 3% of hydrogen peroxide. The result is staggering. The plaque came off the teeth, there was no smell in the morning, and I still did not have such white and beautiful teeth. They are not snow-white, as in advertising. The color is smooth, natural, and I'm sure of my smile. I recommend to all.
http: //www.woman.ru/beauty/medley2/thread/4029305/2/ # m39371485
I tried just to peroxide to bleach - only the enamel hurt! !!I read a lot of comments here, someone writes that it does not harm, someone, on the contrary. .. decided to try it all the same.
http: //www.woman.ru/beauty/medley2/thread/4029305/2/ # m39482747
With proper use, hydrogen peroxide does not harm your teeth. It is important to be careful and follow the recommendations. If you feel that for you home method of clarifying the enamel is not suitable, make a choice in favor of dentists.