Colon cancer: symptoms of
- 1 Colon cancer: symptoms of
- 2 The first signs of colon cancer:
- 3 Nutrition for colon cancer
Various stages of colon cancer growth are accompanied by various symptoms.
The degree of their expression always depends on the size and location of the cancerous tumor.
Squeezing of the nearby nerves, blood vessels and tissues causes evidence of signs of cancer. In addition, cancer cells are capable of producing toxic substances that depress the immune system and disrupt the metabolism.
First signs of colon cancer :
- Bloody discharge. Visible or not visible by the eye presence of blood in the feces, which is confirmed by an analysis of occult blood. This symptom is the most disturbing, requires an urgent clarification of the reason!
- Feeling of not completely emptied bowel.
- Cramping unpleasant or painful manifestations in various parts of the abdomen;
- Constipation, alternating sometimes with diarrhea;
- Anemia, weight loss for no apparent reason.
The initial stages of bowel cancer can proceed without manifestations: there is only unstable stool, sometimes sensations of "heaviness" in the rectum. But notice this is not all, because not all are sufficiently attentive to their body.
The first signs can also be:
- Allocations of pus and mucus;
- Itching, discomfort, pain in the anus;
- False urges, pain during defecation.
Staging of the tumor is very important for choosing the tactics of treatment. It is based on three components( indicators).All these criteria form the classification of TNM:
- T( tumor) - the degree of ingrowth of the neoplasm in the intestinal wall. T0 tumor, for example, is considered quite benign. Her growth is limited to the intestinal mucosa. At stage T4, the tumor sprouts all layers of the intestine and neighboring organs.
- N( lymph nodes) - the spread of tumor cells through the lymph nodes( presence or absence).N0 - pathoanatomical research shows that cancer cells are not found in any of the lymph nodes. At stage Nx, the number of affected nodes can not be determined( this may be in a pre-operative examination);
- M( metastases) - metastases( their presence or absence).
Chemotherapy for colon cancer is the destruction of cancer cells by drugs. Introduced and distributed throughout the body, the drug destroys the tumor cells.
With the help of chemotherapy, microscopic metastases that remain after the operation and are not detectable are also destroyed.
Colon cancer chemotherapy sometimes has side effects. It depends on the drug you are injecting. Destroy rapidly dividing cells, which include cells of the intestine and cells of the roots of hair. And that's why the consequence of therapy can be baldness, nausea, vomiting, ulcers on the mucous membrane. React to therapy and blood cells. Among the side effects is also anemia, fatigue, bruising, reduced tone and instability to infections.
Treatment of the disease also provides for the use of special drugs-antibodies, which are aimed at malignant cells. The joint use of these drugs promotes the "search" and destruction of cancer cells.
Prognosis and life expectancy for cancer
The lifespan and effectiveness of patient treatment is directly dependent on the timeliness of the diagnosis.
The prognosis for the future depends on the stage of development of the tumor. At the first stages of the disease, the five-year survival rate after radical surgery reaches 90%.But the chances are significantly reduced with the increase in the stage of the tumor process. Survival of patients with lymph node involvement is about 50%, and those with developing colon tumor have right-sided localization - only 20%.
Colon cancer is one of the most insidious tumors. But the chances of patients with this ailment increase every year. There are such methods of surgical treatment that allow breaking sad statistics.
Nutrition for colon cancer
A large role for the patient is played by the diet for colon cancer .Its feature is that the menu should contain many fiber-rich foods. They contribute to the cleansing of the body. The list of such products includes:
- brown rice;
The development of bowel cancer is prevented: broccoli, all fresh green and yellow fruits and vegetables, kefir, yoghurt, acidophilus, herbs, garlic( plays a protective role), sea food, whole grains. Nutrition for colon cancer can greatly help with treatment.
Treatment of intestinal cancer in Israel
Success in the treatment of bowel cancer in Israel is predetermined by the location of diagnostic activities and therapeutic interventions. Top Ichilov Clinics - this is the island of hope that is chosen by tens of thousands of cancer patients from around the world.
Treatment of intestinal cancer is one of the specializations of this largest medical center. For this purpose, all conditions have been created here: outstanding personnel, modern medical and diagnostic equipment, polite staff. All procedures, from diagnosis to postoperative rehabilitation, are conducted in accordance with the needs of each individual patient.
Cancer of the large intestine can be cured if it is detected and treated early in the early stages. When the first suspicious signs appear, do not delay the examination. Blood in the feces or bleeding requires treatment to the doctor!